Notices

Solid rear link problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2004, 05:18 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solid rear link problem.....

Guy's, I have a yr 2000 turbo, which has been lowered with Eibach springs, I've now fitted solid rear links from Powerflex, and they seem to be very close to the rear controlarm/wishbone. to the point that when I've got two or three in the car, and you go over a bump it actually makes contact, has anyone else noticed this, and if yes is there a cure??

Cheers.
Old 26 November 2004, 06:23 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine give about 1mm clearance, but I am told that is normal. Is it deff the drop link knocking? can you see the contact point on the ARB. If so suggest you turn them round first, they are I believe symetrical, my supplier said it did not mater which way round they go, off chance this may give a bit more clearance. Apart from that, I have heard of people needing to shave a bit off them with a file, but that sounds a bit extreme to me!
Old 26 November 2004, 06:34 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

I've actually removed them today and taken a little bit out of them to give a bit more clearance, didn't wanna take too much off cos it'll clearly weaken them a bit, I'll see if I still get a knock now, they had defo touched at some point.
Old 27 November 2004, 09:17 AM
IanK Spec C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RON
I've actually removed them today and taken a little bit out of them to give a bit more clearance, didn't wanna take too much off cos it'll clearly weaken them a bit, I'll see if I still get a knock now, they had defo touched at some point.
Hi Ron,

Mine have had bits shaved off by Powerflex and TSL! Why they can't make an exact copy of the plastic drop link is beyond me!

I thought may be they were the correct shape for classic scoobs and happened to fit newage ones, however the classic plastic ones are the same as newage!

They look the MuttsNuts! It's just a shame they catch!

Regards,

Ian
Old 28 November 2004, 06:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

You'd have thought that they'd have tried them on lowered cars wouldn't you, I guess it's too much to expect anything to fit these days!!!