Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ARB setting vs damping/rebound setting

My98 wagon
Eibach pro springs
Prodrive suspension geometry
Whitline ALK
Whiteline rear adj. ARB at middle setting

This is not exact science, but after fitting KYB AGX adjustable dampers - it feels as though they've reduced the influence the rear ARB previously had on the car? As soon as I increase the damping/rebound setting (for track days), the car instantly feels more prone to understeer - even if I run much "softer" settings on the front dampers.

In other words, do the increased damping/rebound forces counteract the ARB?
Old 10 September 2004, 02:23 AM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Default ARB's

You have to understand your talking about 2 different things here. The ARB's reduce the roll or the car - left to right - right to left - Not Up/Down. The difference you are feeling is the new adjustables over the standard suspension - added to this you have less body roll to gauge how loaded the wheels are.

This is all part of the testing of new suspension m8. For the perfect road setup you will be running probebly half you maximum adjustable levels ie I was running 8F and 6R out of a possible 12 way adjustment.

Now - depending on your spring rating - depends where you go from here.

With mine when wound up i found it did understeeer because i had the back too hard and the rear was trying to steer the front. I had it set to 12-10 - then lowered it to 10F 7R and it was fine - the rear was back in where it should be and the front moved where i put it, but it felt soft on track - softer than i wanted..it would be fine on road but not track.

If it means you have to revert to softer settings to get the understeer removed then the spring rating needs to go up. Its all about testing - it really depends if your using the car day to day/long journeys or occasionally??? The best road setup is not gonna be the best track - i am learning this all the time...
Old 10 September 2004, 02:24 AM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Default AST's

I went from these to these:-