Notices

Shocks - anyone know anything about these?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2004, 11:57 AM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shocks - anyone know anything about these?

http://www.autospares-group.com/kyb_agx.htm

these are adj shocks.

they are essentially the same as the non-adj KYB's.

the OE damper settings are very good, but for track day and general playing about i thought that the adjustable versions might be good.

the price is no different, but i would like to know what people think about them.

the other thing is that in the bumpf it states that the OE damper setting is available within the adjustment. i thought it would be useful to know what the setting on these shocks were for the OE setting. it would be good as a stake in the ground to then make adjustments from.

any help appreciated!

Weava
Old 31 July 2004, 11:53 PM
jtabraham
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mista weava
http://www.autospares-group.com/kyb_agx.htm

these are adj shocks.

they are essentially the same as the non-adj KYB's.

the OE damper settings are very good, but for track day and general playing about i thought that the adjustable versions might be good.

the price is no different, but i would like to know what people think about them.

the other thing is that in the bumpf it states that the OE damper setting is available within the adjustment. i thought it would be useful to know what the setting on these shocks were for the OE setting. it would be good as a stake in the ground to then make adjustments from.

any help appreciated!

Weava
Hi,
I have the kyb agx adj. The standard setting is 1 on the front and 2 on the rear. The fronts have 4 adjustments and the rears have 8. I normally run 2 front and 3 rear when using it for the wife and kids mode. 3 and 6 for play mode.
Well pleased with the shox, I have them matched to Eibach springs which feel better than the standards.
Jt
Old 03 August 2004, 01:34 PM
Swordmaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Hi,
I have the kyb agx adj. The standard setting is 1 on the front and 2 on the rear. The fronts have 4 adjustments and the rears have 8. I normally run 2 front and 3 rear when using it for the wife and kids mode. 3 and 6 for play mode.
Well pleased with the shox, I have them matched to Eibach springs which feel better than the standards.
Jt
I've just obtained a set of the adjustable KYB AGX struts, I'm now looking for the other components to go with them. I've got Eibach springs, so all I need is the top mounts and the dustcover/bumpstop. The bumpstop, I can just get KYB ones if not use the OEM ones. What have you got as the top mount?
Old 04 August 2004, 06:28 PM
jtabraham
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swordmaster
I've just obtained a set of the adjustable KYB AGX struts, I'm now looking for the other components to go with them. I've got Eibach springs, so all I need is the top mounts and the dustcover/bumpstop. The bumpstop, I can just get KYB ones if not use the OEM ones. What have you got as the top mount?

Hi using STi top mounts from graham goode racing.