Notices

Pink STI springs???

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 07:49 PM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pink STI springs???

Hi, just want to know if anyone has these springs fitted to their scooby. Are they any good, worth the money etc...

Also, where can you get them from, have only seen them on an American site, for a GC8 Scooby.

Thinking about getting KYB AGX (Adjustables), will these work well with the STI 'pink' springs?? Or any other springs for that matter.

Any info on the above would be much apreciated,

Cheers
Old 26 May 2004, 06:49 PM
colin c
Scooby Regular

I haven't got any experience of this set up, but I soon will

My STI Pink springs arrived today, and I have ordered KYB AGX dampers and STI top mounts which should arrive in about 4 weeks ( top mounts are in shipment between Japan and the USA at the moment )

I have got a Whiteline anti lift kit and also a front upper strut brace.

I'm also going to get front and rear anti-roll bars, link rods, rear strut brace and possibly front and rear lower suspension braces.

I'm also looking at changing my Toyo's to either Avon ZZR track day tyres or Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tyres for even better grip.

Once this lot is on and full wheel alignment carried out I'm hoping this is going to be an excellent set up that will match most coilover kits.

Colin.
Old 27 May 2004, 02:33 AM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Colin, your set-up should be very good, that will be some serious kit when you get it all fitted.

Where did you get the STI 'pink' springs, also how much were they??

Cheers,

SBTR

Last edited by Sonic Blue Type R; 27 May 2004 at 02:38 AM.
Old 27 May 2004, 08:09 AM
colin c
Scooby Regular

I got my STI Pink springs on here second hand for £100, they also came with a set of good condition WRX shocks for that price

The STI Pink spring rates are slightly firmer than Eibach's but combined with the adjustability of the AGX's a good all round set up should be possible, the Pink springs are also slightly lower than the Eibach's.

A good place to try for the STI Pink springs is Gruppe-s in America, they are supplying my STI top mountings for £146 and £255 for the AGX dampers + $100 shipping + import tax and duty. Cheapest I could get the AGX's in the UK was £445 and £280 for the top mountings.

Colin.
Old 01 June 2004, 12:50 AM
hyp36rmax
Scooby Newbie

what kind of car do you drive? in the US i drive a MY04 Impreza WRX, i have the version 8 pink springs fitted to my struts, the car rides very well, and so much more stiffer then the stock springs, i dont know if the suspension is any different in the UK due to the roads, but i can attest that my car now has a much more lower center of gravity, and i beleive the ratio for stiffness is 240+/225? F/R ... i'll have to double check.

the pink springs are a perfect combination with the sti struts, group n top mounts, it will give a stiffer ride and you will feel the road so much more then the stock setup.
Old 01 June 2004, 03:55 AM
Sonic Blue Type R
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi, I drive a STI Type R Ver.5(JDM). One of the struts is gone, so I want to replace the whole set up as I was finding the ride a little too soft.

Am not sure what strut tops I have on my car, as some of the spec on the type R (ver5 & ver6) is Group N, don't know if the mounts are though.

Getting hold of the STI 'pink' springs for my car is a bit more difficult than I thought, think I might have to get them from America.

Went to my local Subaru garage and enquired about them, they just kinda looked at each other and said they had never heard of them......but they can get Prodrive springs. (There's a supprise) - Everything's Prodrive over here.

So I'll have to try elsewhere. You are so lucky you can buy stuff so cheap over in America compared to the prices over here, it's not fair

Anyway am off, working in 4 hrs.
Old 02 June 2004, 10:07 PM
colin c
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate,

Fitted my STI Pink springs today with standard WRX shocks until my AGX dampers turn up from the states. So far I'm impressed, not to firm like my old set up and only harsh on biggish pot holes. Sits nice and low compared with Eibach's, very slightly higher at the rear than the front.

Your STI top mounts should be fine unless the car has done silly high mileage. Have you checked what colour your springs are because being an import they might already be the pink springs, unlikely but worth a look.

Colin.