Notices

Eibach Pro-Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2001, 05:38 PM
NigelT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have just had the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set fitted to my MY00 Euro Spec. Impreza Turbo. The people fitting it initially had some problems with the front springs popping out of the top-mount. They appear to have solved this, but a couple of days later I find the nearside front spring was not seated properly in the cup on the strut.

Anyone had similar experiences or know of a solution?

Thanks, NigelT.
Old 20 March 2001, 09:35 AM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Nigel - I do not know whether this is of any help but.....

I have the Eibach prokit fitted to my 1994 WRX (import) and have no problems.

I wonder if they are bedded in correctly?

The springs were fitted by a local garage (one man operation) but he does own his third Scoob (P1).

Richard.
I changed to the Eibachs after fitting some cheap and nasty springs.

Once you get the Eibachs sorted the car becomes even more of a pleasure to drive.
Old 20 March 2001, 06:51 PM
mark245
Scooby Regular

Hi Nigel, I changed springs and dampers the other weekend, and the Eibachs fitted on fine. I know it may sound stupid, but have they put the front springs on the back and vice versa? Yeh I know, sounds a bit improbable, and I should think the stance of the car would look a bit strange. However, my experience of changing springs on a couple of other cars, the longest springs fitted to the front of the car, due to supporting the engine weight I suppose, but on the scoob it's the opposite. If that was the case the springs would'nt sit correctly in the platforms of the strut. Worth checking I suppose,
Mark
Old 22 March 2001, 09:28 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Nigel.
The springs should fit fine with no movement on the struts.
Who fitted them for you? It sounds like they have been fitted incorrectly. Are the progressive springs (differing gaps) on the front or rear of your car? They should be on the rear with the closest-together coils at the bottom (forgive my scientific description! ).

Stef.
Old 23 March 2001, 01:06 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Nige, you've obviously got a problem but are you talking about the new Prodrive 'Pro Kit'? And are 'The people' fitting it a Subaru dealership? If so, get them to call Prodrive and talk it through.

There should be no problems, but as has been suggested above it is quite possible that an inexperienced fitter has got the wrong springs on the wrong end of the car and upside-down!

If you're not going through official channels, prepare for a headache.

Richard

Old 26 March 2001, 04:29 PM
NigelT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for all the replies. The people I who fitted the springs for me verified that they were all fitted to the right locations and the right way up, and I have had therm checked several times over the last week and the problem seems to have gone away - perhaps they just needed to bed in.

BTW this was the Eibach Pro-Kit, i.e. a set of springs. I also had a selection of Powerflex bushes fitted and a strut-brace. The handling is transformed; it really is excellent now.
Old 26 March 2001, 11:51 PM
Erik
Scooby Regular

Witch kind of bushes you have? Mine are front nad rear wishbone bushes from Powerflex, MRT swb. links /booth/ and front + rear strut braces. Car is stiff like roll cage now Of course Eibachs are present too.