Notices

Powerstation rocks.

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2000, 08:22 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visited Powerstation last Monday for the bump steer mod and fitting of eibach springs.
All completed in 4 & 1/2 hours.
Friendly chaps who know what they're doing and explain what they are trying to achieve with the bumpsteer mod.
You would not beleive the difference shimmimg the steering rack and adjusting the toe and camber makes.
Normal ( boring ) driving no real difference, but durring spells of fun driving, fantastic.
The steering is a lot more responsive/ sharper with more feedback from the front wheels.
Instead of waiting to get round a corner before nailing it due to understeer, I can now apply power earlier and go round the corners a lot quicker
When braking hard (e.g 90 down to 30 ) the front of the car used to squirm all over the place but not anymore, just stays in a straight line.
I notice from previous threads some people are concerned about the handling when their partner drives the car, don't be, just go and get it done, you won't regret it.

Jon
Old 08 November 2000, 05:55 PM
RichieC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news as Ive got mine booked in for a week on Monday Im also getting a Unichip, should be an entertaining drive back up north!!

Richie