Notices

leda suspension research/report

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 1999, 04:05 PM
quattro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, once again my sincere thanks to a number of both owners and those interested in Leda B and C packages.

I think I have come to all the conclusions I needed to have and am pleased to confirm to all and sundry that the package is fundamentally excellent and as far as performance and benefits are concerned, not a single one of you had to say anything but kind and complimentary words. So, deserved acclamation to Pete Croney for simply being in a geographical vicinity of Braintree (that was mean of me, wasn't it?) and realising how close he had one of the most experienced and competent people in the competition suspension department. Dave Lyon and Co. at Braintree, even after so many years of trying to please road and race people with clear and less clear ideas (and probably pretty fed up with the game as it is), well done for basically well chosen components and settings, particularly for those enjoying track days and, now, also for the rest who use their cars every day on the road, too.

Those interested in a slightly more detailed story with an abundance of information which, like the requested feedback, may prove useful to most owners up to date as well as the future ones, should email me off-line and kindly respect the same wish I expressed when I asked for the feedback, i.e. not to entertain yet another unnecessary debate on the board when they can find out what is to know anyway.

Thank you all.

q.
Old 08 December 1999, 08:33 AM
quattro
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

A small addendum to the above:

The sentence which reads: "...and not a single one of you had to say anything but kind and complimentary words." should read: "...and all BUT a single one of you had to say nothing but kind and complimentary words."

It has been brought to my attention just a couple of hours ago that one purchaser of the Leda C suspension who lives abroad, has not had it fitted by Leda in the UK, but by a local dealer abroad, has been unhappy from the start with the behaviour of the car and the results coming from the suspension. From the information initially given to me, it was clear that both the ride height and damper settings were incorrectly set at the outset and offered my best advice in those terms as well as tyre pressures. Alas, to no avail. The person in question is not only unhappy with the suspension, but has been unappy with his Impreza in general since he bought it some months ago. Sadly so, he sees no other option but to sell the car he dislikes so strongly.

I felt this needed to be posted in fairness to the qualification I made about the unanimous satisfaction with the product I have researched. Once again, this is not an initiative for a discussion, but an opportunity for every one of you to take a view and decide whether and to which extent this particular experience may influence your considerations.

Many thanks.

q.
Old 08 December 1999, 09:07 PM
kalg01
Scooby Newbie

Thank you very much (honest).

Jerry