Notices

Rear rattle on shocks

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2003, 08:32 AM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can cause rattle on rear coilover shocks on a MY00 ?, beside a broken top mount of course.
Is it something with the valves inside the damper ? Can somebody explain what's inside a coilover (like ledaB...)

Creepy

Merry Christmas
Old 28 December 2003, 11:58 AM
Boo
Scooby Regular

Hi Creepy,
I know what you mean.I have had Leda b`s fitted for about a year now and the rears have been rattling away since day one. It has been back to Leda 3 times so far the last in march. Leda would have you believe it`s because there is movement in the top mounts but I am not so sure. The problem on my MY00 seems more pronounced in the colder weather that we are having. It`s a great shame as Leda suspension really does transform how the car handles. I dont want to have the old standard suspension re-fitted but the constant rattle is a little hard to live with day to day.
Adrian
Old 28 December 2003, 12:31 PM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

I checked the car together with the dealer (great guy he is) yesterday and it seems that there is a problem inside the rear dampers. When you push it down, it makes a "clicky" noise when the piston comes up. I already spoke to people of AST (suspension factory) and they will wort it out as soon as possible.

Creepy
Old 28 December 2003, 12:35 PM
Boo
Scooby Regular

Hi Creepy,
That is interesting. Is it Leda`s you have or another make of coilover.Where are AST If they are able to fix it then I would like them to look at mine too.
Thanks
Adrian
Old 28 December 2003, 02:38 PM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

AST is a Dutch company in Valkenswaard. They are involved in different motorsport events. But not very known.
The reason I bought AST is that the factory is only an hour drive for me (I live in Antwerp), they have excellent aftersale service and their coilovers are fully adjustable and rebuildable. They also have an "ear" for complaints and can setup the suspension the way you want.

Creepy