Notices

powerstation bumpsteer and geometry

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2003, 10:54 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last weekend I fitted my AVO coilovers, powerflex droplinks (rear) and E tech rear strut brace.

I had to go to powerstation yesterday for the bump steer and four wheel alignment.
I got there and they set the alignment equipment up, and me being a noisy bugger watched there every move. The cambers and toe ins were all to ****, so they started to adjust them. Unfortunately there wasn't any adjustment on the rear, so I agreed to have some camber bolts fitted. One of the front wheels was hassle, so a camber bolt was used there too.

I agreed to have some up rated mounts and new whiteline adjustable anti roll bar

This was fitted along with the front droplinks and the bumpsteer plus the alignment. I can't get over how attention to detail was paid to my car, and how accurate all the setting were when it was finished.

Anyway, it cost me a little more than I expected but the drive home (along the A46) was an absolute pleasure. As I said above, I can't really drive about playing at the moment.
First impressions though are the car goes over the bumps now in a straight line, and most importantly brakes in a straight line now. Thought this was down to my tyres. Overall ride quality is very very nice (AVOs dampers set to 3/4) with about 1 1/2 gap between the wheels and the wheel arch. Nick said that's about as low as you can go really One major thing I did notice was the cars overall feel. It seems planted to the road, almost like I can feel there is more rubber contacting the road.

I will be out playing tonight and tomorrow, so will give you all an update.

Big thanks to Paul at TSL, who supplied the AVO coilovers, rear droplinks and rear anti roll bar. He tried to talk me out of buying coilovers and just having uprated springs....Lol, I wasn't having none of it. It's nice for a supplier to be totally honest and up front with you

mouse

ps Lol at me for stealing phils thread
Old 06 October 2003, 09:38 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Mouse,

But you didn't have the front and rear strut brace fitted, did you ?

Phill