Notices

TSL 'Phase4' suspension kit for Bugeye - Owners Review.

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2003, 12:26 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Kit comprised of forged rear drop bars, Eibach spring kit and front top strut brace. All components fitted easily with no problems.
Castor / camber etc set to new settings using laser camera thingy.
Tyre pressures reset to 31 rear, 34 front.

Whole job took around 4 hours. I got two cups of tea!

Demonstration drive by Paul after completion scared the bejeezus out of me. This car handles!

In the realworld (rather than well known Nottinghamshire back roads!) the kit produces a noticeably stiffer ride with road imperfections standing out more than before. Motorway dips and troughs unsettle the car more than they did before - this affects comfort rather than handling. The car is lowered by about 20mm which, as I still have nice 17" split rims on it, makes the wheels fill the arches as they should have done in the first place.

Funnily enough, the steering actually feels lighter than it was before (which was already light!) but the turn in is phenominal as is the cars ability to hold a line around a corner. There is very little body roll now which adds to the feeling of being in control and traction out of bends feels a definate improvement.

Cost was in the region of £600 notes (cant remember the actual sum) - was it worth it?

Yes.