Notices

Suspension Geometry

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2003, 06:12 PM
Pat1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a firm prepared to set up geometry to my spec on a WRX 2001 all i need now is my spec!!! Would like a neutral feel without to much understeer sugestions Please.
Old 28 April 2003, 11:29 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

There is no specific spec. for geometery, it really depends on what you personally like ... how you drive, types of road you mainly drive on and how you want the car to respond.
Mine is set to 1 degree neg camber all round, the rear is not adjustable on mine, it just happened to be set at that .... toe in of 5 mins all round.
I was going to have it set up to the "Prodrive settings", but felt 1mm toe-in each side(17 minutes on a 16 inch wheel) was a bit too much and may cause to much wear on the inside edge with 1 degree of negative camber.
I found with these settings it transformed my car from being a little scary at times not knowing which end would let go first or which end would grip first again after drifting sideways, plus massive amouts of understeer in tight corners under power, and was the worst car i had owned for understeer in the wet, to being completely predicatable at all times. Understeer has virtually gone, the rear is now controllable on the throttle and the car is neutral when powering hard out of corners.
However these settings are just my personal preference,you may find this spec is not suitable for you or your car, they are a massive improvement over how it was before but without a doubt it could be set up better still.

Gary
Old 29 April 2003, 03:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Pat, I would go along exactly with those setting on Gary's car, My car handles as his does with setttings very similar and with the bumpsteer mod.

Les