Notices

Two questions, about STi adjustable dampers, and lowered STi V7 dampers...

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2002, 03:56 PM
kevvwil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Is anyone here using the adjustable STi dampers? We're wondering, on our side of the pond, if anyone has experience with them, and what the differences might be compared to the STi V7 non-adjustable dampers. We know the damping rates (second adjustment click=non-adjustable V7 damping rates), but don't have any experiences from anyone.

2) Is anyone using STi V7 struts with a lowering spring? How's the ride, and predictions of strut life. Some people in these parts have speculated about using either the Prodrive springs on the STi dampers, or the pink STi Sport springs, which lower the car a bit more than the black springs that are packaged with the STi (they call them SPT in the States, because of Shimano's STI shifters).

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 06 October 2002, 05:40 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

There are a few people over here with the old Pro Kit Eibachs (designed for the old shape) on the OE STi 7 struts which reportedly work very well.

However, I think that most/many STi 7 owners here are waiting for the new Prodrive PPP Eibach springs which are rumoured to be out any day now....

Matt
Old 08 October 2002, 03:50 PM
MikeSTI7
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have been running Whitelines suspension kit on my STi7, includes swaybars, antilift and lowered springs 25mm. Big handling improvement highly recommended. I believe Whiteline is available in the US check with MRT in Australia
Old 10 October 2002, 12:59 AM
kevvwil
Scooby Regular

Hey Mike, is the ride still stable, has it gotten bouncy, describe the ride characteristics, please, compared to stock. You're the first person I know who has swapped springs on the STi 7 dampers.

Thanks ever so much,

Kevin