Notices

Question about polyurethane bushes

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2016, 05:55 PM
Aras555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about polyurethane bushes

Hello subie folks! Wish You Marry Christmass and a Happy New Year!
I want ask about polyurethane bushes (anti roll/sway bar,control arms, etc). Does it worth to put them to my car? There is a lot of them on the Ebay. Is it any difference between color (yellow,red,black,darkblue etc.)? Is it any difference between makers: powerflex,duraflex,superpro or others? The huge difference of prices...
Maybe some of You exploit them - please share with me Your experiences about that. I'll be really greatful!
Old 21 December 2016, 09:12 PM
Jampot
Scooby Regular

Bushes wear over time only being rubber.
From factory the rubber is very soft this reduces noise and increases comfort

You get different shore ratings higher the number the stiffer it is.
My opinion on brands is you get what you pay for, I am fitting white line and power flex in mine.
Super pro are very good too.

Next level to bushes is pillow ball this is race application only reall.

The advantage of uprated bushes is it keeps everything aligned a lot less movement under braking cornering accelerating. But you get more noise and vibrations.
Old 22 December 2016, 09:08 AM
Aras555
Scooby Newbie

Thank You for the fast answer. If I understood You correctly - polurethane bushes are for sport racing not for the street ride. I understand that deep village bumpy roads will be a big trouble for the suspension then.
Old 22 December 2016, 11:01 AM
Jampot
Scooby Regular

You get different shores for different applications

Uprated bushes will improve a car regardless. If your car was a supermarket machine you would never have looked into bushes.

If your cars lowered then I doubt you'll notice the extra noise we are not talking mega only slightly and you will feel the bumps a bit more.

Powerflex do a black race version they are very stiff but that's what I'm going with mines not a daily but gets used on spirited drives when I do use

The std powerflex are very good and you'll notice a big improvement
Old 23 December 2016, 09:49 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far I've added poly bushes to the front and rear ARBs, (plus solid alloy drop links on the rear arb), the steering rack mounts and the front bush on the rear trailing arms. And a group n pitch stop mount.
When budgets allow I'd like to add some more to the front suspension.
I've always used superpro or whiteline. I've never had issues fitting them, or increased squeaks or creaks afterwards.
Of the ones I've fitted I think only the bushes on the trailing arms have fractionally increased the noise or vibration in the cabin, but you'd only notice if you'd driven it before and after.
All the bushes I've added have really helped to tighten up the feel of the car. It now feels much "newer" and more stable. The steering and trailing arm bushes in particular are some of the best mods I've done, it really helped to transform the feel of the car.

Last edited by Cambs_Stuart; 25 December 2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 25 December 2016, 02:11 PM
Aras555
Scooby Newbie

Thank You very much for the answers. Now it is much more clearer for me about polurethane bushes and thank You for help to save my money