Notices

Dynamics suspension rebuild/spares?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2016, 07:13 AM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynamics suspension rebuild/spares?

Does anyone know of a distributor/place that can service dynamics dampers in the uk?

I cant find anyone!

Cheers
Old 07 April 2016, 02:30 AM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the dynamic distributor, but if you are really stuck we can rebuild most damper.
It is just sometime certain parts are unique and it makes the damper uneconomical to repair.
The cost to CNC a custom size gun drilled damper rod for example will far outweigh the cost of the damper.

Jerrick
Old 07 April 2016, 07:09 AM
d.kenny
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeisterR
I don't know the dynamic distributor, but if you are really stuck we can rebuild most damper.
It is just sometime certain parts are unique and it makes the damper uneconomical to repair.
The cost to CNC a custom size gun drilled damper rod for example will far outweigh the cost of the damper.

Jerrick
Iv been in touch with a few people now

Basically the one damper and body is scrap

It wont cost much more to buy a set of 3 way adjustables from another manufacturer new

I think id rather ast 2 ways or kw v3 if buying new

There is no immediate need for them though

Iv bought some thicker anti roll bars and getting some trackday sticky tyres so il see how i get on with the bc's for now

I think they have a bit more to give and the fault is more down to me not knowing how or where to set dampers,tyre pressures etc etc

The only reason i was perhaps going to upgrade suspension is because i was offered them at a fairly reasonable amount

In the long run though i will probably be looking out for a decent set of used tarmac rally suspension/kw v3/ast

Whatever offers best value and performance!
Old 09 April 2016, 07:54 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know when you want to do something.
We do have the ability to do some rally bits (we have done a set for a rally school just to see how much abuse we can throw at it).

Like you say, it will depends on price but I am sure it is something that we can work out.
At this moment in time we got our hand full on the GT1, but once that pass through in a month or two then we can start getting on with bringing some of our development into production.

Jerrick