Notices

suspension differences

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2014, 04:48 PM
Blaize
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension differences

Hey guys. I have a 2004 blob WRX with Tien coilovers. They are pretty old (came with the car) and on a recent trip to Edinburg I blew one of the rears out. Now it knock and bounces all over the place. And loads of oil on the suspension on one corner. So they need replacing. Now I am a Mechanic by trade and so of course pretty cheap. I am looking to fix this without having to blow £700 on a new set. I am aware that Tien will rebuild them, however they charge £250 per corner from what I can gather and as I said these are so old I cant really go down that road as the other side would inevitably go out as soon as I fixed the first one. Plus I would really rather avoid the downtime as my other car is a 2 seater and I have a wife and kid to cart around. I considered the £400 ebay specials, but I would rather find a 2nd hand BC or Tien set for the same money.

So, in searching for a decent set of 2nd hand coilovers I have come across a few sets of classic fitment coilovers going for decent prices. for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Impreza-Te...item3a99041070

Now I could reuse my old springs with these, and my top mounts if they are different, but are the lower mounts the same from a classic? I seem to think, from what I have read, that up to 2005 all the classic/bug/blob spindle mounts are the same. Anyone know?