Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

Full-Race BorgWarner EFR 6758 Turbo 450+ KM / 650+ Nm - spool up better than stock

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2017, 09:52 PM
pb2000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-Race BorgWarner EFR 6758 Turbo 450+ KM / 650+ Nm - spool up better than stock

Selling Full-Race BorgWarner Subaru Stock Kit. This kit will take your STI to a different league when it comes to torque availability at any rpm. Unique design of EFR allows to make big power/torque without any negative impact on turbo lag or spool up – so basically no penalty, just more power! No more choosing between high power vs low ground – that’s the only solution for STI in which you can eat a cake a have a cake.

I used it only for 4 months with equal length header on completely stock motor and torque curve was better than stock at any rpm (I did not push the turbo due to stock motor which was the weakest point). Turbo boost threshold was 2200 rpm, at 2500 rpm generated 320 Nm, at 2750 -> 400 Nm, at 3000 -> 500 Nm with max 543Nm at 3265 rpm. When (for a moment only) boost was increased by 0.1 bar (1.4 bar tapering to 1.2 bar) figures increased to 400/600 (on stock air filter, TMIC and restrictive Fujitsubo exhaust). BW rates this turbo at 500hp but what means you can easily get 450+hp/650+Nm on pump gas or you can build a flat 500+ Nm for almost 4 thousands rpms.

Included:

1) Full-Race 3” Downpipe 3” and up-pipe. Full decat. Plug and Play for current and previous model (2008 and above). You will need to slightly adjust downpipe for older models (don’t know the details however). All pipes are thermally coated, wrapped with DEI titanium wrap and finally protected with Nimbus GII heat shield – 3 layer thermal protection to enhance spool up and power.
2) Full Race Installation kit (DV cover, lines, screws, oil drain, Vband etc.) plus custom turbo mount support (standard Full Race kit does not include it, it assumes turbo to hang on headers what I did not like). All papers from Full-Race included.
3) BorgWarner EFR 6758 turbo with Full Race BOV/BPV to enhance fast spool up. Included PTP turbo blanket and custom Nimbus GII heat shield to make sure your TMIC is cold.
4) Turbosmart twinport EFR actuator and 4 port Full Race boost control solenoid. Turbosmart was replaced recently under warranty so it’s barely used (ca. 100 km). Included additional springs so you can set a target boost on your own (21 psi, 14 psi or combinations).

I bought it at the beginning of 2016 and finally installed July 2016. Used less than 5 months and less than 2 thousands km so it’s basically like new. Turbocharger still on warranty for about 10 months. Everything costed more than 4000 USD + duties/VAT. Selling the car so moving back to stock. Price 2600 GBP (or 1000 for turbo/heatshield and 1700 for the rest if bought separately). Got my car in Poland so you need to count ca 2 weeks for delivery.