Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

V3 Impreza WRX - break/repair

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2013, 09:31 PM
factoid
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V3 Impreza WRX - break/repair

SOLD SOLD SOLD

This ad is for my largely standard P-reg 1996 import Impreza WRX. Overall a good car, but it developed a knocking bottom end last year. I've been umming and ahhing about repairing it myself, but its time for me to move on. It was driving well before the bottom end started knocking. It's been stored in a garage over the winter.

It would make a good project to get it back on the road (drop in one of the blocks/short/long engines for sale on here and itd be ready to go). Of course its worth quite a bit in parts too, so buying it to break might give you a healthy profit too. I will consider breaking it for parts myself in future, but for the moment this ad is for the car itself depending on the level of interest.

Specs

V3 WRX in 406 silver (facelift model)

116,000 km (still reads in km)

This is the 280PS model, comes with airbag and ABS (not all of them do at this age).

Usual JDM spec, air con (working), aluminium bonnet, aluminium suspension parts, rear wiper, VF22 turbo, yellow injectors etc.

I was the first owner in the UK, 6 years ago.

Bodywork is in overall good condition with the exception being a few bumper scrapes, and a cracked mirror housing (electric mirrors still work, and glass is fine).

No rust that i've seen anywhere

Wheels are a little scuffed in places, but come with good condition Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all round (fronts were new last year).

Extras:

Recent KYB AGX adjustable dampers on standard springs (great compromise between ride quality and handling adjustability/precision). Still have the box if that's your kind of thing, along with original dampers.

Stainless steel cat back exhaust system (from the optional prodrive WRSport pack). Makes a nice bellow under load but not too "yoof" either if you catch my drift .

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Recently reconditioned 4 pot subaru calipers (reconditioned by Godspeed brakes, so come fitted with stainless pistons, so they don't seize in place like the originals).

Last edited by factoid; 05 June 2013 at 09:30 PM.