Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

WR Blue Hawkeye STI (Full Forged)

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2013, 07:44 PM
fasteddie84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR Blue Hawkeye STI (Full Forged)

Looking at selling my UK Spec 2006 Subaru Impreza STI.

The car has had a lot of money has been spent on it with the following modifications:

Suspension, brakes and wheels – ACT coilovers along with Whiteline 22mm non adjustable front anti-roll bar, Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear anti-roll bar, Whiteline anti-lift kit, front and rear strut braces. Apparently this is the same spec as Litchfields Type 25. Goodridge braided hoses and AP DOT5.1 brake fluid. Set of genuine Prodrive/Speedline PPF7’s in 18” with Toyo Proxes T1 Sport's currently fitted to them. I also have the standard Subaru STI alloys which have a set of Pirelli P6000 tires on with about half life left on them. I can also supply a set of Dunlop ex-WTCC slicks with good tread left on them for a little bit extra as well as a set of Toyo R888 road legal track tires with around 3mm of tread left on them (they come with 5mm as standard). These are both 17” and will fit the standard STI wheels.

Engine & Gearbox – The engine was rebuilt in January this year by A P I Impreza (one of the best Subaru engine builders in the UK), due to ringland failure and fitted in March 2013. The engine was built with standard size Supertech pistons and rings with the bores honed, ACL race bearings (both big-end and main), ARP 11mm head stud kit, ARP big-end bolts, Subaru gaskets and seal kit, API modified oil pump, Subaru timing belt, Subaru oil pickup pipe, Cosworth sump baffle plate and steel conrods. Whilst the engine was out, the valves were all relapped in, the exhaust manifold was ported and polished, a Harvey up-pipe supplied by ASF Performance and wrapped, the secondary air-pump system removed and RCM blanking plates fitted, the TGV butterflies were removed and internals ported, standard Subaru black oil filter fitted, NGK Iridium spark plugs ILFR7H fitted, Samco silicone intake hose and a Competition Clutches stage 2 organic clutch. In addition, the car has a Full Miltek 3” decat exhaust, HRC Performance 255 LPH fuel pump - upto 500BHP and a Simota panel filter fitted. After the running in process of driving up to 3,000 RPM for the first 500 miles and then 4,000 RPM for the next 500 miles and ensuring that even load was applied to the engine, an oil change was carried out using Motul 300V Power 5W-40 racing engine oil along with the black Subaru oil filter fitted. The car was taken to the UK on the 20th May 2013 and taken to Bob Rawle of BRDevelopments (one of the best mappers in the UK) for a remap and is currently running at around 377bhp and 429 ft lbs of torque. He also added the ECUTek RaceROM software which includes dual maps, launch control, auto blip on down shifts and flat foot shifting. Finally, the gearbox and front differential oil was removed and replaced with Motul Gear 300 75W-90 Racing oil which is synthetic ester based and the rear differential oil was removed and replaced with Motul 90 PA LSD oil.

The car also has a Sony Bluetooth headunit which alloys you to stream music from your iPhone (not sure about other phones) to it. It also has a front splitter fitted which is the same as the RB320 models.

As you can see, a lot has been spent on and it is ready for the track but can also but a nice car just for the road. The car is currently located in Jersey but I can send as many photos as you want, If you want to view the car I can pick you up at the airport or the harbour and I can personally take the car on the ferry to the UK (if the price it right) or drop it off at the harbour and have it shipped unacompanied. The only downside is that the car has a decat fitted so the buyer would need to fit a cat to pass MOT (as far as I am aware) plus it will need to be registered and taxed in the UK.

Asking £14,000 but open to offers.

Photos:

Old 10 June 2013, 09:36 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You just missed a bargain spec c, fudds car at £13,500 was the bargain of the century, but it's being broken now.

My choice would be the Spec C at Hurst cars.
Old 11 June 2013, 08:16 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
You just missed a bargain spec c, fudds car at £13,500 was the bargain of the century, but it's being broken now.

My choice would be the Spec C at Hurst cars.

that the blue hawkeye one? sure someone on here said it had unrecorded accident damage
Old 12 June 2013, 05:27 AM
adam405sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
that the blue hawkeye one? sure someone on here said it had unrecorded accident damage
News to me. Any inspection is welcome AA/RAC/Michael the mechanic down the road.

Max
Old 19 July 2013, 03:58 PM
fasteddie84
Scooby Regular

Just to say that the car is still for sale.

Since my last post, I have done about 50 miles so can't justify keeping it.

I have also purchased the following parts which I will be fitting tomorrow:

Godspeed 2 piece floating front discs
Carbonne Lorraine RC5 front pads
Godspeed one piece grooved rear discs
EBC orange stuff rear pads
Setrab 25 row 235 matrix oil cooler with a thermostatic sandwich plate
Oil pressure and oil temperature gauge with dual pod on the A pillar.

Also, I am in the process of having the standard alloys refurbished as well as a spare set that I have and spraying them gunmetal grey so I will have a total of 4 sets of alloys, all with tyres on them.

The car is located in Jersey but I can deliver to most places in the UK but I would have to get the right price for the car.

I can take as many photos of the car as you require and happy to take it somewhere for them to do a report on it for anyone interested in it but no wanting to fly over.