Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2000 'X' Impreza P1 #850/1000

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2012, 02:02 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 'X' Impreza P1 #850/1000

Hello im new to this forum but unfortunately for me the dream is over before its even begun due to insurance problems so i have no choice but to sell up, but ive explained this in the description. I have copied this from the pistonheads advert as it did take me near on 2 hours to write it all out. I think i have included everything you need to know but if i have missed anything theres a number on the bottom to contact me on! Some of you may know the car im not sure how well known it is!

Here is my 2000 'X' Impreza P1 (#850 of 1000), im very reluctantly putting up for sale. The P1 is in my opinion the far best looking affordable Impreza ever and a perfect fast road car, set up perfectly, and this one is an excellent example with one of the best specs i have seen in a while, also with one of the best numberplates for a very quick Impreza P1.

I bought this car only a few months ago, and being young and stupid, nothing was going to stop me, not even the fact it was completely uninsurable for me! Unfortunately, dismissing the fact I knew I wouldn't be able to drive it legally on the road it has turned into a very expensive driveway ornament.

I bought this car from my boss at work (Foreman at Mercedes Benz Commercial Vehicle Workshop Main Dealer) who bought it as a typically modified P1, forged engine work etc, but turned it into what it is today. I saw it modified week by week as new components were added into a perfectly daily usable road blitzer! All the work has been done to an exceptional standard and the parts used are amongst the best available. It drives fantastically, such a nice car to drive, not too noisy, even on motorways, drives like a new car honestly, nice tight gearbox,no knocks or bangs!

The car has a full years MOT, passed with no advisories and now with 6 months tax so its ready to go to its new owner! CAR NOW HAS 6 MONTHS TAX and I have also just done oil and filter change using Fully Synthetic Silkolene Titan Race R 10w/50 and Genuine Subaru Oil Filter

I have loads of invoices for parts etc, and loads of old mots to back up mileage, it has FULL Subaru Service History until 2007 ( 11 stamps ) plus since me and the previous owner have had it, oil changes and checks every month or 2 plus a cambelt recently. The car comes with 2 keys and 2 immobilizer fobs

The Cars Spec is as follows:

Interior:

Prodrive seats, in very good unmarked condition, including full rear seats and belts and STI carpet mats.

Kenwood CD Player With USB Input

Prosport Boost Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge In a Pillar Holder.

Air Conditioning all working perfectly

Snooper Included works fine ;-)

Electric Windows and Mirrors

I will include a Brand New HKS Type -0 Turbo Timer kit ready to be fitted

Engine, Gearbox and Ancillaries:

Fully Forged EJ207 Semi - Closed Deck Built by Greer Motorsport Engineering (Scotland) In April 2009

Mahle Forged Pistons

Eagle Forged H-Section Conrods

ACL Race Bearings

ARP Head Bolts

Skimmed Heads

Cometic 1.2mm Gasket Setup

Version 9 Nitrided Crank

Version 9 Oil Pump

Version 9 Sump and Pick Up Pipe

Andy Forrest 550cc Phase 2 Injectors

Walbro Hi-Flow Fuel Pump

LATERAL PERFORMANCE MD321H TURBO ( Very Sought After and over £1700 when new!)

Full Silicon Hose Kit With Samco Turbo Intake Hose

Autobahn 88 Front Mounted Intercooler Kit with Silicon and Hard Pipes

Full JPerformance Decat Exhaust System

Roger Clark Motorsport Manifold with Titanium Heat Wrapping

K&N Air Filter

Simtek ECU with ANTI - LAG and LAUNCH CONTROL Both Fully Set Up and Working (Sounds And Goes Amazingly Well!!)

Mapped by the Famous Jolly Green Monster. One of the Best! So you know the car has been put in safe hands. Mapped for Tesco Momentum 99 Octane

Standard Gearbox with Recent Oil Change using 75w/90 oil and Standard Rear Differential

Exedy Organic Racing Clutch Anti-Judder (Pink Box)

Billet Lightweight Flywheel (5.45kg)

Brand New Exide Battery

Suspension and Brakes:

Optional Upgrade Factory Prodrive Front Brakes with Recent Replacement EBC BlueStuff Pads And Alcon Discs And Bells Kit (£595.00 worth!) with Braided Hoses

Upgraded and Refurbished Type RA 2 Pot Rear Calipers (Painted Gold with Subaru Decal) with GodSpeed Kevlar Sport Pads with Grooved Discs with Braided Hoses

BC Coilover Kit, Height and Compression Adjustment with Remote Adjustment On Rear!

Wheels and Tyres:

Standard Prodrive / O.Z 10 Spoke 18" Wheels Refurbished in Anthracite Grey by Lepsons (The best around!) at a cost of £278.40 with O.Z Racing Rim Decals.

Yokohama Parada Spec 2 (215/35R18) all 4 are recent with very good tread dephts

Not forgetting the Plate which is included, P1 8 YOU, I dont need to spell it out for you, its easy to see what i reads! I had it valued at around £600 but cant remember exactly, your welcome to have it valued yourself, but it may well be worth more to another P1 owner or enthusiast.

And I think thats about all!

As you can see then a very impressive parts list there, serious money has been spent over the last few years, most of it being over the last 2 or so.

However there are 2 small bad points with the car. The front splitter isnt fitted very well, im no good with bodywork which is why i havent touched it. Will only really take half an hour to sort it properly.
And there is a small bubble of rust on the N/S/R arch where the bumper meets the quarter, the bumper looks like it has been rubbing on the arch and worn the paint away causing a bit of water to get in there. Its not got any worse in the few months ive had it but it wants doing to make the paint and bodywork mint. Again just havent found the time to do it.

Now, the engine output is an estimation, you can probably guess that from the parts fitted that it goes like a rocket and it definitely does, and puts a huge smile on the face of anyone who drives it, the noise and sheer pace is so addictive, however, Jolly Green Monster estimated the power output to be very very close to 400bhp if not more, i simply have not had the time to get it rolling roaded yet, plus the fact i cant personally drive it to be done.

The car has a HPI check report from 14/03/2010 and shows it is not stolen or written off etc.

The car is currently used by my Dad to go to work in about twice a week lol, only around 5 miles a day but bear mileage in mind as it will go up gradually, but its better that than to just be sitting there not being driven, and he drives it so carefully. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN WARMED UP FULLY before setting off and left to spool the turbo down before switching off!

I've decided to sell now, because it is such a waste of an amazing car, not only can i not use it, i want to get some funds back to go towards a Mk1 Focus RS ive just bought which I can insure!

Any questions or anything i have forgotten text or phone on 07850752639. Neil

Looking for £7,750 ONO

Last edited by Jeffers_P1; 02 December 2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Missed info
Old 02 December 2012, 02:25 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Last edited by Jeffers_P1; 02 December 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02 December 2012, 02:32 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

How much?

Good luck with the sale. May be interested if it's still available come the new year.
Old 02 December 2012, 02:33 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Price?? and If I was you I would delete the crap at the bottom about test pilots and not being able to afford it, makes you look like a right ****
Old 02 December 2012, 02:38 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Sorry im after £7,750 or near offer. Details amended. cheers
Old 02 December 2012, 03:46 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Sorry if I missed it mate but what's mileage now and how many owners ? Also what's the gearbox like with 400 bhp going through it ?
Old 02 December 2012, 03:56 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Well the cars covered up I will get the exact mileage later but it is around 88,740.
The gearbox feels lovely doesnt make any noise, nice and tight, engages and disengages very well, not sure if it is original but certainly feels good.
And 7 previous owners. Cheers, Neil
Old 16 December 2012, 11:41 AM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Christmas bump I need this gone now just havent got the space :'(

Cheers, Neil
Old 16 December 2012, 08:41 PM
jonnyricer2
Scooby Regular

im very interested in this just waiting for some funds to clear in the next 2weeks!!gope this is still for sale then!!
Old 16 December 2012, 09:04 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

Ok mate look forward to hearing from u!!
Cheers, Neil
Old 06 January 2013, 10:27 AM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

New year bump, i really need this car gone now!
Its got 6 months tax, 11 months mot, fresh oil and filter change, full tank of fuel, and im open to serious offers.
Cheers, Neil
Old 06 January 2013, 04:54 PM
johnwiz
Scooby Regular

I can't believe no one has snapped this up with the spec it's got, when some standard P1's
are listed at similar money!Tough to sell anything at the moment I think.
GLWTS, John (Big Fan of Type R's & P1's )
Old 06 January 2013, 05:01 PM
Jeffers_P1
Scooby Newbie

I know John, its a shame it hasnt gone to someone who can use it yet!
It is a very nice spec and I do believe its a reasonable price but some people think a standard one is worth more and it probably is. :-(
Oh well hopefully it will go soon.!
Neil