Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

impreza turbo classic 1999 slight mods

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2012, 02:00 PM
yippeekayay555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza turbo classic 1999 slight mods

Price drop 2250 ono!!!!

I have been on this forum for 3 years but not as a regular poster as have used the reference sections and been a bit shy. I have two imprezas but am having to sell one whilst I work abroad for 12 -18 months as its a crime for it to sit any longer than it already has.

Asking price is £2450 but I am open to sensible offers. If there is enough interest in breaking I may consider this too but only if the engine sells looking for 500 (less coils turbo and manifolds and gearbox.)

I have listed it on piston heads at the below link.
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...day-car/518309

but here is the advert reproduced.Please note I have most parts to turn it back to standard so if anyone is interested in the AST rebuilt suspension please shout as the suspension will be available for offers on £750 for the lot (retails at nearly 2k)

SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO FAST ROAD TRACK DAY CAR. (£2,450 dropped to 2250 ono)
I bought this subaru a while ago to leave at the ring from a friend that has owned it a few years before me and knew the car before hand.
It is well known in the legacy and impreza owners clubs and is a genuine unabused car that looks stock.

Unfortunately I have been flat out with work and other projects and this after it had taken root in "EJM preparations" of Alcester warwickshires work shop I have moved it to my home in Birmingham.

It has had a brand new cambelt at the same time time as a low mileage engine from a 66k uk car to replace the previous engine that developed a piston ring problem. It has had a complete set of belts, waterpump, oil and plugs etc so will not be in need of anything in the near future as it has just gotten its 12 months Mot.

The car looks stock though a little lower than standard and is in a good presentable standard for both fast road (when allowed to do so) or very fast track day action, which it hasnt done yet.

The spec of the car.
Uk spec engine from a 1999 uk impreza with 66k on. running the Prodive PPP kit with ecu boost pipe and exhaust mod running into a STI back box.(I do have a magnex system but in my opinion was too loud.) Its not mental loud as I wanted to keep it livable for the journey to the ring and other circuits that I intended to visit.

Uprated parts
Prodrive PPP kit ecu.(£450)
Walbro 255 fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.(£250)

Low mileage standard turbo from the 66k engine.(£850) checked for impelor damage and there is no play in the shaft. No smoke on over run and boosts great to 1.2 bar and holds boost.
prodrive turbo-intercooler hose

Was 238.7BHp and 235lbft on old engine I am hoping that this will run 250 Bhp and 270 lbft at fly but only a rolling road session will qualify that but it drives really well making positive boost throughout the rev range to the red line. feels a lot better than the previous engine by miles.

gearbox standard but looked at and checked no crunches or whines, new fluids and exidy heavy duty clutch fitted. (£450)
New radiator recent cv joints front and rear.

Exhaust
decat turbo and Decat centre pipe on and it pulls higher up rev range. Sti rear box single pipe. (£300)

Suspension
Fully set up by AST refurbed Sportline 1 coilovers with 225/175 springs.( new £2300) revalved and completely overhauled dec 2010 and done less than 500 road miles since then. Has been aligned front and rear and handles fantastically on appropriate B roads.

Whiteline anti-lift kit (£250)
whiteline 22mm rear arb (£214)

Brakes
P1 4 pot 2000 discs and calipers running Carbon lorraine pads. Stops really well compared with the OE spec.(£500)

Exterior
Green Paint work, a few LITTLE scratches on the bumpers but overall a perfectly presentable road or track car. Comes with the factory fitted hi rise rear spoiler. No accident damage or rot and can come with either:
17" prodrive speedlines
P1 prodive 17 grey multi spokes (genuine P1 spec) provisionally sold
or the uk spec wheels in the picture with quality brand tyres.
Carbon fog lamp covers with standard driving lamps underneath

Interior alarmed with insurance approved alarm cd player and normal impreza turbo buckets momo etc.

Covers the ground from A-B astonishingly quickly.
She is currently Sorned but can be taxed by negotiation. 10 months mot

This car was owned by Litchfields imports for a number of years and as such comes with loads of history old Mots etc. It has a load spent on making it handle in time and money which is why I havent gone for hundreds of horse power increase as I believe this car to out handle many of the huge horses road cars out there.
The previous owner is in touch with me regularly asking what i think of the set up and offering advice on what to do next.
I will be sad to sell but will be happy to use it. I have harnessess and fire extinguisher for it but havent gotten round to fitting these and if wanted these would have to be extra or included by negotiation for a sum.

I also have a number of green classic panels from a car I bought to get an engine for the track day car but unfortunatley I bought a 1998 car with a receipted subaru replacement engine which will not fit my track day car due to the wiring loom and airflow metering being completely different and not compatible without changing heads.

The spare 1998 engine is for sale for £500 if anyone needs one and will come with the service history and receipt of subaru warrantee work and a recent clutch.

I have a whole front end , ie bumpers crystals, bonnet wings doors seats radiator front panel etc in very good condition that can be sold seperately or included for a small fee with the track day car.
I also have good subaru standard seats £80

As A further side I also have a prodive impreza N4 ex tapio laukkenen bottom end from a 2001/2002 bug eye turbo rebuilt and done 200 miles since the rebuild by spanish forest championship driver and been prodrive box stored since. I am looking for £1000 for the Prodrive bottom end and will make a great base to build a 300Bhp + engine.

I also have a set of 16" slicks dunlop direzzas that were over £150 ea and have not touched the road just been fitted to rims. £300 tyres x4 without rims.

Prodive P1 310 calipers and discs and pads. Discs are a worn but good for a while yet but priced to sell for £250 in good order , bleed nipples free etc. can obviously be included in the spares for the track car.

Last edited by yippeekayay555; 10 October 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: price drop to sell
Old 07 October 2012, 09:34 PM
white elephant no1
Scooby Newbie

do you still have standard suspension? how much
Old 07 October 2012, 10:40 PM
yippeekayay555
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by white elephant no1
do you still have standard suspension? how much
i dont have the standard suspension..... yet. were you meaning a price of the standard suspension or the car on standard suspension???
Old 08 October 2012, 05:53 PM
white elephant no1
Scooby Newbie

sorry just meant suspension. looking for cheapish replacement
Old 10 October 2012, 01:19 AM
yippeekayay555
Scooby Newbie

Will sell at 1800 with standard turbo suspension fitted.

Last edited by yippeekayay555; 21 October 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 21 October 2012, 11:49 PM
yippeekayay555
Scooby Newbie

1800 AST suspension removed, still flies and stops well. PX deisel possible,
Old 25 October 2012, 06:12 PM
benjisub
Scooby Regular

where ar located the car?
Old 25 October 2012, 07:15 PM
yippeekayay555
Scooby Newbie

Is on Swindon Birmingham or Coventry by arrangement.
Old 01 November 2012, 06:02 PM
RType
BANNED

Im a bit confused

what is the £850 standard turbo its got on it and the £500 4 pot brakes?

Theres a de-cat, a £250 walbro pump and fuel pressure regulator (why the FPR?), some ppp bits and no sign of a remap? but you expect it to make 250+ bhp because you've bolted a load of bits on it?

Its a good clean looking car but everything you've listed has crazy prices next to it. A PPP ecu is £250, walbro pump £80, 4 pots disks and pads £250 etc etc.

I'd be interested in it, purely as it sounds like it has some potential in the right hands, but £2250 is £500 more than I'd pay for it. I'd like some more details on how the car stands now, as it sounds like its slowly getting parts removed etc so can you update with the current spec of the car. Thanks