Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2003 JDM STI 453 bhp Reading

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2012, 07:10 PM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 JDM STI 453 bhp Reading

'53 JDM STI 453bhp.

OK well this is back up for sale again. Unfortunately I have found a new house to buy, so it actually must sell. I have started a new thread here which hopefully wont get spammed this time and before you ask, I am not interested in any p/x, but thanks anyway.

I have owned this since January this year and it has previously been owned by 2 members from the scoobynet forum I bought it from, so a known history. I have been upgrading it from its already high spec, as I fully intended to get more use out of it. I am an impreza enthusiast and have previously owned a classic type R, as well as other cars of which continue their respective project threads on other forums (VX220, Megane F1...)

78,000miles (increasing as used daily), 3 owners, fsh (all performed by garage prior to my ownership then full documentation of what I have done is on my project thread), jdm in great condition in out and mechanically. Taxed and MOTd till Jan 2013. Lots of old MOTs.

Advertised elsewhere for £8000.

Spec is below, All the work has been done in the past 24 months and ALL receipts to prove. I bought it with the following spec, ALL of which has been professionally fitted:

2.0 litre jdm engine with factory forged pistons
lm450 Billet twin scroll turbo made 453bhp 430ft trq with litchfield heat shield, costing £2400 total. Fitted within 18 months ago.
standard sti wheels in black with eagle f1 tyres (rear tyres WILL need replacing. I have been running another set of alloys/tyres, which are not for sale)
large front mount IC
typhoon/K&N Induction kit fitted inner wing
AP ORGANIC clutch with lightened flywheel and lightweight crank pulley
740 cc injectors
fuel lab pressure reg
milltek exhaust system
After burner downpipe
ecutec remap
walbro fuel pump
balanced & 4 wheel laser aligned in Jan (since been done again)
brembos all round with pagid rear pads ds2500 fronts.
carbon wing mirrors
towing eye
200 cell sports cat mot freindly
equal length headers and up pipe all wrapped
stepper boost gauge
tracker, anti high jack, cat 1 alarm
18 way bc coilovers adj suspension with adj extenders just set up bye roger clark
front splitter
engine map done at rcm by zen (Jan).

Since ownership I have continued the high spec:

TiC USRE (FULL Poly kit composing of poly subframe outrigger bushings, poly rear diff mounts)
TiC poly xmember bushings (solid bush fitted between gearbox mount and chassis)
kartboy 6mt poly bushing combo (ALL shifter bushings (front and rears) replaced, very precise and solid gear changes)
TiC rear trailing arm rear poly bushes
TiC front trailing arm poly bushes
poly steering rack bushes
Fender braces (solid alloy, stiffens front of car by adding stronger triangulation)
perrin alk (anti lift kit - front lower poly / alloy wishbone bush/mount)
rear solid alloy whiteline droplinks
Whiteline 24mm fully adj rear arb
solid subframe lock kit (bolts with alloy inserts)
genuine subaru oil filter
Millers Cfs 5w40 Fully Syn 5l (engine oil)
Fuchs Titan Syn 5 gearbox and read diff oil
Magnetic Oil Sump Drain Plug
Alpine SPG-10C2 - 4" Coaxial Rear Speakers
MTX Road Thunder RTS652 6.5" Componant Front Speaker Set
SUBARU IMPREZA STi Titanium KEY BLANK
realignment about a month ago, to my preferred settings
new battery about a week ago (YUASA PRO)

I have also added the dipol SACC3393 security bolt. This locks the gearbox in reverse (within the transmission tunnel) and is highly effective at preventing theft. Goes nicely with the tracker and anti hijack alarm / immobiliser.

Here is a link to my photobucket account where I keep all of my pictures:

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g.../JDM%20Scooby/

Feel free to request more pictures. I viewed many cars all over the UK before I bought this one and know how annoying it can be turning up and the car is not as expected.

How it drives:
This car is EXTREMELY fast. Compared to my previous impreza type R with ~360 bhp, this is in a completely different league. It feels as fast as my previous GSXR-1000, except with 4 wheels.
It has a lot of poly bushes fitted which give superb feedback, but has the knock on effect that it is a harsh ride. I have used it as a DD for 9 months and although harsh / loud(ish), it didn't bother me.
The brakes are flawless to match the cars performance. It will have you hard pressed on the seatbelt as it stops on its nose.
Of all the cars I have owned, this is the most planted of all in the corners. The combination of the suspension mods, coilovers, poly bushes and rigid transmission mean that it can corner exceptionally well and keeps the power planted nicely. I will mention again though, if you are looking for a refined comfortable STI, this isn't it. If you want an absolute animal that really shouldn't be road legal, this is it.

Bad points:
Tiny chip in windscreen. Passed MOT with it. Could easily be filled by autoglass (low priority so I didn't get around to it)
Stone rash on front of bumper and intercooler. This is a road going car, so it is inevitable.
Rear tyres at limit (been used with a different set of alloys / tyres)
Discs will pass MOT, but I would replace them before then really. I was actually going to do this within the next week along with new pads, but now that it is for sale there is no point.

Also note that the recent steering wheel I fitted as per my project thread, will not be included in the sale.

95% of the driving this has seen since I have owned it has been on my daily 30 minute commute. It has always been allowed to reach temperature for a reasonable amount of time and has always been allowed to cool properly on the "wind down" couple of miles prior to reaching destination.
That might seem a bit of a waste, but I would rather be sat in this than a peugeot 106 on the commute. I still get the exhaust note, acceleration and feel of driving it opposed to a cheap commute car.

Here are some more pictures:

I have every receipt for every mod done in the past 24 months. They exceed £14,000 in this timeframe.

This car needs nothing and is ready to be enjoyed. Would make a superb track car, or an equally fun road car.
Can be viewed evenings and weekends in Reading. Due to the nature of the car, I will be performing the test drive. If you are intent on buying it and I have the money in my hands / bank, then you may test drive it prior to purchase. This is obviously to stop time wasters.

Last edited by JamesWalker; 06 September 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Mod List
Old 03 September 2012, 09:15 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Huh? I thought you were keeping it?

Glwts though, very nicer example

Rob
Old 03 September 2012, 09:26 PM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

I was indeed keeping it! Then another house came along. I tried my best to postpone buying a house but when the right one comes along, can't say no
Old 03 September 2012, 09:31 PM
beliblisk
Scooby Regular

Three nice blobs are selling lately.GLWTS
Old 04 September 2012, 04:55 PM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

I shouldn't need luck, but I might need luck with the price!
Old 04 September 2012, 09:16 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

What petrol are you putting in for 453bhp?..how is the car as a day in day out runner?.......
Old 05 September 2012, 09:01 AM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

I always use Tesco momentum 99. This was based on a thread I read (non impreza) about how a rolling road session confirmed that m99 gave better performance than shell. Also, it is closer to my house.

As for daily driver... I have used it for 9 months commuting no problem. The commute started at 26 miles either way but is now only 30 mins either way. It drives perfectly well just like any other car. Turns on the key instantly, first time. It is quiet compared to my old type R, no exhaust drone. You wouldn't know that it wasn't standard (bar the suspension mods) until you put your foot down. Then it becomes mental

I'm sure the previous owner will appear on this thread at some point - he had it 4 years as a daily driver so will be testament to its drivability.
Old 05 September 2012, 11:38 AM
cronic1
Scooby Regular

interested in swap?
Old 05 September 2012, 12:30 PM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

cash is needed my way due to house, but what do you propose?
Old 05 September 2012, 12:44 PM
cronic1
Scooby Regular

just listed my golf on here for sale have a look and maybe we could do a deal even if you bought to sell on?maybe a bit easier to shift
Old 06 September 2012, 08:32 AM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

As requested, up to date pics. These were taken this morning. Splitter and towing eye refitted for sale.

Old 08 September 2012, 01:14 AM
JamesWalker
Scooby Regular

Sold.