Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

trackday/race project '99MY turbo for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2012, 11:36 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trackday/race project '99MY turbo for sale

1999 Subaru Impreza UK Turbo Race / Trackday
Car

I'm describing this car as either a race or trackday car, although to be eligible for any MSA sanctioned events it will need these items FIA rollcage, seat, harness and plumbed in fire extinguisher in all other respects (with a bit of setup) it is almost ready to race.
I bought this car with the intention of competing in the Subaru Cup (now no longer running), I've prepared it to be powerful but reliable (it's probaly just over 300bhp) and light not sure of it's exact weight but the aim was 1100kg, with the MSA safety gear added it could be run in the GT300 class of the Nippon Challenge or in the new for 2012 Japanese Supercar series or one of the many regional tin top series up and down the country.
So a little about the car, the interior is completely and extensively stripped (I don't just mean the carpets have been ditched ) I mean properly stripped, carpets, sound deadening, ABS, airbags, AC, sunroof, all trim except dash ( which as also been lightened) even the wiring loom as been comprehensively lightened, basically every it doesn't need is gone, all the remains is a Sparco race seat ( tatty and out of homologation) basic heater ventilation system, drivers elec window, OE gauges + boost, bias brake adjuster, battery cut out,+ switches for fuel pump, ignition, fans and rain light in a carbon panel also an alloy rear fire wall, that's pretty much it inside,

engine is a compete '99my type RA lump complete with ancillaries from same eg yellow injectors, VF 28 turbo metal H/G 3 port boost controller etc, ECUtek remapped (so licence is paid making further setup tweeks much cheaper), walbro pump in tank pump feeds swirl pot and Bosch motorsport external pump, bugeye top mount, full SS 3 inch exhaust with de-cat and fully heatwrapped equal length headers and matched up pipe, clutch is a new XTD HD organic (non paddle), B&M short shifter, all oils have been renewed with Motul full synth, running gear / chassis wheels are 17 inch Kei racing, OE dampers with Eibach lowering springs, the rear is completely poly bushed, rear subframe heavily braced, solid mounted and strengthened, internal bracing welded into boot to increase rigidity further, OMP front strut brace plus welded in front chassis / strut tower strengtheners, brakes are OE with Ferodo DS front pads, rear discs are grooved but currently on OE pads, ABS is completely removed inc all wiring, pump, wheel sensors, brake balance is by cockpit mounted Tilton bias valve, bonnet pins fitted to bonnet and boot, battery, washer res relocated to boot.there's, plenty more to to list but that's the important bits.

in a nut shell this is a car for someone wanting an Impreza race car that requires personalising ie your choice of seat, final suspension brake setup etc everybody is different so a lot of these items are best specced by the actual driver.
Also it would make a great trackday car where MSA rules don't apply, all the hard work as been done to create a very light and fast trackday car with a few finishing touches it could exceptional, it would even make a road car if you are brave enough , I've used race / track cars on the road and it's not a pleasant experience and this car is so thoroughly stripped it isn't feasible to returning to normal so it's probably best for offroad use.

The car comes with V5 , some paper work (old MOTs, receipts etc, ) it currently as no tax or test and is on SORN, it runs and drives but would need trailering, I realise this isn't a car for everyone but for someone looking to go racing / trackdays it may be just the thing,

I'm looking for £2500 ono, which is much less than it's cost me to build so far, I know you never get your money back on these things but I'd at least try recoup something, so please no silly offers, if I don't get fairly close to asking price I'll break it.
there's afew more recent pics on PH linkthe above pics don't show the modded front end and current engine bay I'll update the pics tomorrow.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3481596.htm
but for more pics or further info please PM me.

Last edited by budd; 03 January 2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07 January 2012, 07:33 PM
marak
Scooby Newbie

Hi

Is the car still for sale?
Do you have contact details so that I can discuss the car further.

Many thanks
Martin
Old 10 January 2012, 12:17 AM
budd
Scooby Regular

PM'd
Old 11 January 2012, 05:32 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

anyone else interested ? Price is now £2250 ono, it will be on here for sale as is till Sat then it's getting broken !!
Old 16 January 2012, 10:28 AM
budd
Scooby Regular

This car is now not for sale whole, it is to be broken, please checkout the parts for sale section