Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

1996 Impreza WRX in Black with sensible upgrades: £2200

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2011, 06:44 PM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Impreza WRX in Black with sensible upgrades: £2200

I'm selling the WRX that I've had for about a year. I bought this with the intention of using it primarilly as a track day toy but sadly only managed to do one track day in it! changing jobs, moving houses and getting married all got in the way of track days last year. On the one event I did manage to attend, it behaved perfectly and has been fault free since, apart from a dead battery a few months ago which I replaced with a more powerful battery that has with more cranking amps. Instead of using the car on track it's become my daily driver instead and it has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

The car drives beautifully and feels absolutely planted at all times. This was my first imprezza and it was a big eye-opener for me. I test drove 4 WRX's before buying this one. A couple of the others felt tired and worn whereas this one is rock-solid and mechanically sound. It is very very quick too! the guy I bought it from indicated that it was running somewhere close to 340BHP. I'm unsure how accurate this is, but it certainly feels about right. It feels quicker in a strait line than my Mustang, which has 360BHP

It hasn't been heavily modified (has a turbo timer, a couple of extra gauges, a boost controller running 12psi boost, and a remapped ECU, but that's about it) In all respects it's a good solid car. It got a set of Yokohama Parada spec2 track tyes in it, which have done less than 500 miles and are pretty much brand new. These Yokos are fantastic tryes I fit them to all my cars now

I have upgraded the front brakes to the more powerful 4-pot calipers and put brand new discs and pads on it. While I was at it, I also flushed the brake fluid and replaced it with fresh Dot5.1 fluid

here's the blurb:

1996 WRX on an N plate, imported in 2000
110K miles on the clock
Mica black with gold 17" speedlines

drives and stops in a straight line, idles fine, no hunting etc.
no squeaks, clunks, rattles or bangs
interior and exterior both far from showroom condition and a little tatty, but no signs of rust and although tatty, very solid still.

The guy I bought it from said the suspension was uprated and lowered but I forgot to ask when this was done or which brand was used

3" full stainless powerflow exhaust (with removable bung for long motorway journeys)

lightened flywheel and recent clutch and timing belt + tensioners.
goodridge braided brake lines
Apexi rev + speed limiter
Goodridge oil cooler and remote filter housing (all with braided hoses)
Thatcham approved immobiliser with certificate of fitting (which you will need for the insurance)
lightweight bonnet
uprated fuel pump

I've just had it MoT'd so it has a full 12 months, and it is taxed until May 2011

It can be collected from Glasgow (Evenings and weekends preferred)
PM me for more info or to arrange a test drive

(These photos were taken before I fitted the upgraded brakes and tyres)

Old 16 March 2011, 11:15 PM
nicklouse10
Scooby Regular

Default Adding a few more photos

Old 17 March 2011, 08:06 AM
welded1
Scooby Regular

Default wrx

call me on 07886368604 thanks