Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2004 Impreza STi. 45k miles. 2.1/Syvecs/etc..

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2020, 02:13 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts
Default 2004 Impreza STi. 45k miles. 2.1/Syvecs/etc..

My Impreza is now for sale as I've seen a very nice Spec C RA and I've been looking for one for a while.
Some of you may have seen my thread on here about the car.
The full listing is on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Im...YAAOSwCl9fTAbL
I'm wanting £17k including the original engine. I know this is top money but there's not many around with this mileage and spec.
Feel free to drop me a message, comment here or even go old school and actually call me if you have any questions.
I'm happy to have a frank and honest conversation about the car with a genuinely interested buyer.

Old 07 September 2020, 02:57 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Just a thought mate, I’d sell your other engine separate as not may people will have the 17g your asking for....I’m not saying it’s not worth it but it might be more tempting at 15g without the other engine if you get me...lovely car 👏👏👏
Old 07 September 2020, 03:36 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
Just a thought mate, I’d sell your other engine separate as not may people will have the 17g your asking for....I’m not saying it’s not worth it but it might be more tempting at 15g without the other engine if you get me...lovely car 👏👏👏
Thanks John. I did put the engine for sale a while back and got a whole load of numpties texting me about it so took it down. I was offered £16k for the car back in May but I didn't want to sell back then, typical! If someone wants the car without the engine then I'd do a deal on it.
The following users liked this post:
Old 07 September 2020, 03:40 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam.pah
Thanks John. I did put the engine for sale a while back and got a whole load of numpties texting me about it so took it down. I was offered £16k for the car back in May but I didn't want to sell back then, typical! If someone wants the car without the engine then I'd do a deal on it.
Good luck mate 👍
Old 09 September 2020, 09:58 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Willing to listen to sensible offers now...
Old 14 September 2020, 01:14 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

-anyone..

Last edited by adam.pah; 16 September 2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 22 September 2020, 06:21 PM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to my world. Been advertising my car since Spring and not a single show of interest. Market is dead. Best of luck.
Old 22 September 2020, 07:15 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markyscoob
Welcome to my world. Been advertising my car since Spring and not a single show of interest. Market is dead. Best of luck.
What are you selling Mark? I’ve had interest, 4 offers so far, just not at the price point where I want to sell. I have 2 people who are interested and can afford it but are not local so we are working on logistics. I think it will sell, If not though I’ll be storing it over winter and advertise again in the spring. At the worst I can always break it to make the money but the car is far too good for that.
Old 23 September 2020, 05:32 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Depends where you are advertising it. If its just on here then your market is very limited. Try Ebay.
Old 24 September 2020, 12:00 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
Depends where you are advertising it. If its just on here then your market is very limited. Try Ebay.
@NOSSY_89 I've had it on eBay for a month and also put it on FB market place as well as the type ra forum. I did put it in a couple of FB groups but took it down after the 'experts' kept commenting that it's only worth £11k!! I'd be happy to do a deal on it but no one has even made a reasonable offer yet. The market is a bit strange because there are lots of cars now that are past their best, I saw a blob STi on autotrader yesterday for £6k! I guess you get what you pay for though and I haven't seen any others advertised with this spec. Fresh imports are now commanding values £12.5-13k so I don't think it is an unreasonable price....
Old 24 September 2020, 06:30 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

It seems like a nice spec and a more than fair price when you look at the cost of putting that together, being UK spec and not Widetrack does lower peoples expectations on price, despite that not really being that important with such a good spec.

If I were looking to move this on I'd install your stock engine back in, fit as much OEM kit as you can and sell the parts and engine separately, you can then lower the price and will probably make more money.
Old 24 September 2020, 07:08 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnfelstead
It seems like a nice spec and a more than fair price when you look at the cost of putting that together, being UK spec and not Widetrack does lower peoples expectations on price, despite that not really being that important with such a good spec.

If I were looking to move this on I'd install your stock engine back in, fit as much OEM kit as you can and sell the parts and engine separately, you can then lower the price and will probably make more money.
Hi John. Yes, I was thinking about doing that. Unfortunately I don’t have the time or skills to do it myself so I’d have to pay to have it done. I was speaking with Tim Farmer yesterday about it and we priced it up but I probably wouldn’t make much out of it. I’d rather just sell the car at a reasonable price if I’m honest. I just can’t bring myself to sell it for any less than I paid for it, especially when I’ve spent around £10k on it in the last year. 😕
Old 24 September 2020, 08:01 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Yeh, i understand that, but even if you think the money made might be the same, it could put the car into the cost bracket which opens up the market for you.
The easiest thing to do may be to remove the Syvecs and Toucan and get Bob to map the OEM ECU, then drop the price by £1500.
I'd remove the other engine from the advert and sell that separately, got to be worth over £1K on its own.
Just doing that should allow you to drop the price to £13.5K and still get the same money overall, you can still get the same power, it's just not as versatile and tunable on the OEM ECU but for road use most wouldn't care.
If you speak to Bob, find out what he would charge to do that then you could advertise it in both specs, see if that makes a difference without spending up front.

I know it costs a lot of money to build a spec like you have. Even doing a lot of the work myself it's huge money to build these cars to this level of spec and do it properly.
Old 24 September 2020, 08:18 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Yeh, i understand that, but even if you think the money made might be the same, it could put the car into the cost bracket which opens up the market for you.
The easiest thing to do may be to remove the Syvecs and Toucan and get Bob to map the OEM ECU, then drop the price by £1500.
I'd remove the other engine from the advert and sell that separately, got to be worth over £1K on its own.
Just doing that should allow you to drop the price to £13.5K and still get the same money overall, you can still get the same power, it's just not as versatile and tunable on the OEM ECU but for road use most wouldn't care.
If you speak to Bob, find out what he would charge to do that then you could advertise it in both specs, see if that makes a difference without spending up front.

I know it costs a lot of money to build a spec like you have. Even doing a lot of the work myself it's huge money to build these cars to this level of spec and do it properly.
Good point. I hadn’t thought of just pulling the ECU. I still have the standard one which was mapped by Bob so he’d probably only charge for a tweet. He’s also mapping my new one in a few weeks so I’m sure he’ll be open to that. Thanks 👍
Old 24 September 2020, 08:41 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Good point. I hadn’t thought of just pulling the ECU. I still have the standard one which was mapped by Bob so he’d probably only charge for a tweet. He’s also mapping my new one in a few weeks so I’m sure he’ll be open to that. Thanks 👍
Sounds like a plan, I'm sure Bob would be happy to help, he is a good guy.
The following 2 users liked this post by johnfelstead:
Old 25 September 2020, 05:59 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

@NOSSY_89 I've had it on eBay for a month and also put it on FB market place as well as the type ra forum. I did put it in a couple of FB groups but took it down after the 'experts' kept commenting that it's only worth £11k!! I'd be happy to do a deal on it but no one has even made a reasonable offer yet. The market is a bit strange because there are lots of cars now that are past their best, I saw a blob STi on autotrader yesterday for £6k! I guess you get what you pay for though and I haven't seen any others advertised with this spec. Fresh imports are now commanding values £12.5-13k so I don't think it is an unreasonable price....
Sorry mate I should have said, it wasn't aimed at you, I know you put yours on eBay, think you mentioned it on your gallery thread. I'm surprised with that spec it hasn't gone to a new home. But the market is a bit all over the place at the moment.

Either way good luck mate
Old 25 September 2020, 06:55 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate I should have said, it wasn't aimed at you, I know you put yours on eBay, think you mentioned it on your gallery thread. I'm surprised with that spec it hasn't gone to a new home. But the market is a bit all over the place at the moment.

Either way good luck mate
No worries and thanks. 👍
I’m also surprised that there hasn’t been more interest. Earlier in the year people were actively asking to buy it and it wasn’t even for sale. My asking price was based on the offers I’d previously received. I guess that there is a lot of uncertainty around at the moment. That’s what makes me think I should just store it until next year... 🤷‍♂️
Old 25 September 2020, 07:53 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

No worries and thanks. 👍
I’m also surprised that there hasn’t been more interest. Earlier in the year people were actively asking to buy it and it wasn’t even for sale. My asking price was based on the offers I’d previously received. I guess that there is a lot of uncertainty around at the moment. That’s what makes me think I should just store it until next year... 🤷‍♂️
I think that is spot on mate, just store it if possible as it’s a top spec car for sale at the wrong time. Personally mate I’d view the car if I were looking and make an offer of around 13 simply because that’s me being cheeky. Syvecs etc... 11 grand is cheeky but it just depends how much you want to sell. If you can afford to store it I would as it’s got everything and who knows what will happen in the future
Old 28 September 2020, 07:48 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

If anyone wants this I’d consider a px for a cheaper car. Otherwise I’m probably going to start taking parts off which will be a massive shame. I do have space to store it over winter but I’d much rather it go to someone who’ll use it.
Old 30 September 2020, 12:04 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Mate even if you do sell it now most people put these cars away for winter so it will get no use lol. Try selling it in the new year, it would be a shame to take parts off that just to get a quicker sale.
Old 30 September 2020, 03:06 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Mate even if you do sell it now most people put these cars away for winter so it will get no use lol. Try selling it in the new year, it would be a shame to take parts off that just to get a quicker sale.
That's my thoughts too really. I'll probably store it until Feb/March time and then see how the market is. I also have a couple of track days booked and may leave the Clio at home and take this instead. I always wanted to see how it would perform on track so it seems like a good time to try it out! :-)
Old 30 September 2020, 03:26 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

That's my thoughts too really. I'll probably store it until Feb/March time and then see how the market is. I also have a couple of track days booked and may leave the Clio at home and take this instead. I always wanted to see how it would perform on track so it seems like a good time to try it out! :-)
have you got your new car yet mate?
Old 30 September 2020, 04:01 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Looks like thats sorted then
Old 30 September 2020, 04:03 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
have you got your new car yet mate?
Not yet mate. It will go for an MOT this week and then we can apply for a registration. I've been told there are long delays at the DVLA so not sure how long it will be but heard rumours of about 8 weeks. It had coilovers on it when it landed but also came with the factory pink suspension so we have put that back on. It's currently at the paint shop getting a clear underseal and the calipers refreshed. Then we will put new tyres, brakes and fuel pump on it and a full service. Will try to coincide collecting it with a trip to a mapper on the way back too. Here she is...

Old 30 September 2020, 04:06 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Now that is nice mate ❤️❤️❤️
Old 30 September 2020, 04:10 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Congratulations mate. Also why just the one pic of the back end. What are you playing at lol.

Where did you find it or did you know someone who just imported it.
Old 30 September 2020, 04:19 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Not yet mate. It will go for an MOT this week and then we can apply for a registration. I've been told there are long delays at the DVLA so not sure how long it will be but heard rumours of about 8 weeks. It had coilovers on it when it landed but also came with the factory pink suspension so we have put that back on. It's currently at the paint shop getting a clear underseal and the calipers refreshed. Then we will put new tyres, brakes and fuel pump on it and a full service. Will try to coincide collecting it with a trip to a mapper on the way back too. Here she is...

That looks very nice.

I drove the very first widetrack Blobeye STi Type RA in the UK many years ago (it was brand new, i drove it from the docs cross country). One of the reasons i bought my widetrack JDM STi.
Old 30 September 2020, 04:28 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Congratulations mate. Also why just the one pic of the back end. What are you playing at lol.

Where did you find it or did you know someone who just imported it.
Thanks Nossy. Lol, I didn't actually take any pictures when I went to see it and I'd asked for it to be on the ramp with the wheels and under covers off so it didn't look it's best to be fair!
I've always really liked the blob type ra and always keep an eye out for them. I really wanted a mint OEM car though and that's really hard to find so I wasn't actively searching for a car. This one popped up on a FB group, it was imported by Tom at Sprinting Hare and he posted about 3 or 4 cars that were arriving the following day. I text him as soon as I saw it and it turned out to be a 1 owner car with 33k miles on it! First chance I got I headed over to Bristol and we finalised a deal. It had a few aftermarket parts on it but they were all bolt on and the original parts were shipped with the car so Tom put it back to standard and has organised all the other bit to be taken care of. All I have to do is get it mapped.
Old 30 September 2020, 04:31 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

That looks very nice.

I drove the very first widetrack Blobeye STi Type RA in the UK many years ago (it was brand new, i drove it from the docs cross country). One of the reasons i bought my widetrack JDM STi.
I haven't driven it yet but I can't wait. I actually plan on running this as my main car rather than wrapping it up in cotton wool too!
Old 30 September 2020, 05:08 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I haven't driven it yet but I can't wait. I actually plan on running this as my main car rather than wrapping it up in cotton wool too!
If you didn't know, the dampers are adjustable rate on these.

Quick Reply: 2004 Impreza STi. 45k miles. 2.1/Syvecs/etc..