FOR SALE.....Forged Wrx Sti - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

FOR SALE.....Forged Wrx Sti

Old 11 October 2017, 05:05 PM   #1
sivo
If in doubt loose weight.

Default FOR SALE.....Forged Wrx Sti

Forged Wrx Sti PPP

After deliberating for nearly a year now and weighing up my options I have decided to take a break from Subaru and performance cars in general.
Having spent over 25 years of my spare time and money on cars, bikes and tuning its now time for me to take a step back for a while, I have my own reasons for this but in a nutshell I want to dedicate more of my time and money to travelling rather than doing 150 miles a week in a car that I only get to "properly" enjoy once in a while.

With this in mind I am now in a position to offer my September 2003 wrx sti ppp for sale with the following modifications.

Engine

2.0 Semi closed deck block
Chevron Motorsport forged build @ 75k (Feb 14')
Mahle 4032 pistons 0.5 oversize
Manley rods
ACL race bearings
Cosworth RCM gaskets
ARP 11mm head studs
Inspected and rebuilt avcs heads
Full set of supertech inconel valves
Synionic 10/50 synchetic oil (sep 17’)
RCM 340 fuel pump
Prodrive performance pack
Andrew Carr re-map to 326 bhp / 329 lb-ft
Group n engine mounts
Late spec plastic header tank
12 months mot 19-10-2018

Gearbox and final drive

Fully rebuilt 6 speed box (Sep 17')
New centre diff and associated bearings
4-5-6th later carbon synchro's
Castrol syntrax 75w-90 gear and diff oil (sep 17’)
6.7kg Billet Flywheel (sep 17’)
Exedy 425bhp rated clutch kit (sep 17’)
Perrin gearbox mount
Perrin pitch mount
Perrin short shifter and bushes
Perrin rear shifter bushing

Suspension

Jdm spec c suspension
Spec c 20mm front roll bar and poly bushes
22mm whiteline rear bar
Whiteline rear solid drop links
Whiteline heavy duty rear stout mounts

Wheels Tyres Brakes

Asuka RD21 PFF7 replicas 18x7.5 et45
Refurbished Speedline gold
225/40/18 Uniroyal rainsport 3
Godspeed discs front and rear
Ebc red stuff front pads
Brembo rear pads
Rear hub stone guards removed

Interior

Black hawkeye sti steering wheel
Spec d leather seats
WR1 black carpet
Spec d leather door cards
Prosport 60mm evo gauges
Oil temp-boost-oil press
Satin black dash

Exterior

Java black pearl 18L
De badged
Prodrive WR1 front grilles
WR1 Driving

The forged engine build was done by Simon and john at chevron motorsport in Staffordshire, it was on Bob Rawle's recommendation that I went to them following a slight misfire the car had developed.
After further investigation I had two unseated valves causing the problem. At this juncture it made perfect sense to forge the block while the engine was out and the heads were being rebuilt. The heads were fully tested, reworked and rebuilt with new guides, seals and a complete set of supertech high temperature inconel valves that took six weeks to arrive from the U.S.
No stone was left unturned by chevron, up to the point where they completed multiple dry builds checking tolerances before the final build took place, even hoses that showed signs of perishing were reported back and replaced. I am confident that chevron are one of the best Subaru engine builders in the country, Simon's previous experience with Maclaren and his continuing connections with whiteline and Owen developments are testament to his motorsport heritage.
My remit for the build was a safe 450-500bhp, Simon said this build will handle that and quite happily 2 bar of boost without issue. The most it has run is 1.6-1.7 bar @ 345bhp and it really does sing when your pushing on, it's a fantastic engine, meticulously ran in by myself using the correct oil grades before final mapping.
Always warmed up to a minimum of 80 degrees before going over 2500 revs and treated with mechanical sympathy every day, 10-60 grade fully synthetic oil changed every 5k without fail.
The engine has now done 17k since the build and still sounds the same as it did on day one, six months prior to the build it had a new cambelt, rollers and tensioners along with new oil and water pumps.

The gearbox had recently started to show signs of wear to the centre differential and a slight clicking was evident at low speed full lock turns. After toying with the idea of a dccd transplant I could not justify putting a used box in my car to end up in the same position 6 months down the line. The only option for ME was to replace all worn components with new, not the cheapest option but the best in my opinion. The car went up to scoobyclinic for a full gearbox strip down and diagnosis where the centre diff was indeed found to be the offending part, a genuine Subaru diff was ordered. While the box was in bits all the associated bearings to the centre diff were renewed along with the updated carbon synchro's for 4th, 5th and 6th to make the box good again and as reliable as possible. At the same time a new exedy 425bhp rated clutch and 6.7kg lightened billet flywheel were fitted along with a Perrin pitch mount, short shift kit and gear selecter bushes.

Suspension is stock jdm sti shocks and springs.

The front roll bar is 20mm repainted black from a spec c with superpro poly bushes, new oe drop links and polished alloy arms.

Rear roll bar is 22mm whiteline with whiteline stout mounts, bushes and drop links.

Geometry settings were done on the latest hunter machine by a-line in Dudley.

Brakes are standard brembo calipers with Godspeed discs all round, rear pads are brembo and front are ebc reds.
The rear hub stone guards have been removed.

The interior is now spec d hawkeye leather with matching door cards, the wr1 black carpet finishes it off nicely. Prosport evo 60mm gauges are fitted to the clock pod with all senders installed to the optimum locations so they read as accurately as possible. The standard head unit and everything else on the dash including all switchgear work perfectly.

Bodywork is pretty good considering its age, a few dinks and scratches are evident but a good detailer could sort that out in a day or so.

Wheels are recently refurbished in speedline gold with rainsport 3 tyres fitted 2000 miles ago.

As you can see from all of the above this is not your everyday Impreza, in my opinion this car represents a very low risk purchase of an Impreza sti. The bonus of a capable forged engine coupled with the gearbox's clean bill of health speaks volumes for the cars onward journey.
There are a lot of miles to be enjoyed in this car without the scary bills commonly associated with Subaru ownership, to me that's priceless and I hope you would agree that this puts the car towards the higher end of the market for this year and model.
I have a mountain of receipts in excess of 11k during my ownership.

It’s worth mentioning that the rear shocks are starting to creak and knock occasionally, I’m just being up front about that although I think the grease nipple mod would save them.
If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.
Just to add, I'm not 100% sure I'm doing the right thing here but if the right offer comes along then I will take it from there.
Please, no time wasters.
Car currently stands at 93k and is used daily.

Genuine sale, based on the Wolverhampton / Staffordshire border.

Offers invited at 12,000 or nearest offer.

Last edited by sivo; 11 October 2017 at 07:06 PM.
sivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2017, 11:35 AM   #2
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Stunning car mate. Shame to see it go and for you to leave the scene.
BrownPantsRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2017, 02:08 PM   #3
sivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing View Post
Stunning car mate. Shame to see it go and for you to leave the scene.
Thanks for that BPR

Really appreciate it

Siv.
Old 12 October 2017, 08:47 PM   #4
scoobyboy1
Supporting Member

Seen this car in the flesh and its a stunning example, im pretty sure it will make the next owner happy. Good luck with the sale mate!!!
scoobyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2017, 09:34 PM   #5
sivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 View Post
Seen this car in the flesh and its a stunning example, im pretty sure it will make the next owner happy. Good luck with the sale mate!!!
Thanks mate

Siv
Old 13 October 2017, 03:13 AM   #6
poffer1
Scooby Regular

That is lovely! Aside from the considerable amount of cash, a great deal of time and effort has gone into that....and it shows.

I am sure it will give someone a lot of pleasure, but understand where you are coming from. Must have visited 30 or 40 countries and can't wait to travel again.
poffer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2017, 06:18 AM   #7
sivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poffer1 View Post
That is lovely! Aside from the considerable amount of cash, a great deal of time and effort has gone into that....and it shows.

I am sure it will give someone a lot of pleasure, but understand where you are coming from. Must have visited 30 or 40 countries and can't wait to travel again.
Very nice of you to say,
Thank you.

Siv
Old 13 October 2017, 03:55 PM   #8
big_rob_sydney
Scooby Regular

Could you please post a shot of the engine bay as it is currently?

Thanks,
Rob
big_rob_sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2017, 04:31 PM   #9
sivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_rob_sydney View Post
Could you please post a shot of the engine bay as it is currently?

Thanks,
Rob

There you go Rob

Siv