Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2008 WRX STI FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2017, 12:11 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 WRX STI FOR SALE

For Sale 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

Mileage 49,804 (50k)

Price £12,500ono

MOT EXP: 30/05/2017

Hi as above I am selling my WRX STI hatch for the one simple reason that I have been given a company vehicle. I've have owned the car for two years and in that time I have covered 4,000 miles a year It seems silly to split such a small amount of mileage between two cars specially when one is free to run. If you have owned a Impreza then you know they are one of the most rounded cars you can find on the road with amazing performance and unbelievable practicality my main reason for buying it in the first place after owning a VX220 for 7 years I wanted something that was more practical and just as capable on the road. I have not spent any time on the track with this car nor has it gone to any race meetings or been involved in any street racing. It has been purely used as an enthusiast car I love driving and I love cars.

Stunning World Rally Blue

50k with documented history. Detailed history log with huge file of paper work and receipts

2x Key

HPI Clear (Please carry out your own checks for peace of mind but it will come back clear on all counts)

Under my owner ship the service and inspection work has been carried out every 6 months at the company I am a transport manger for (Thomas's Group) by a trained Mercedes technician. The car has just receiver an oil service and is ready to be enjoyed. In the two years I have owned the car I have performed oil & filter change every 6 months or every 2,000 miles. As you can see I look after the car regardless of mileage covered or cost as you will see in the spec.

Diff Oil was changed the weekend I bought the car for peace of mind

Complete Engine and turbo were replaced under warranty by Subaru with receipts by previous owner at 40,580k on the 13/10/2014, new engine & turbo is now running just under 10,000k @ 9,224k

The condition of the car can only be described as excellent all but a cut to the front carbon splinter has never bothered me it is only a front splitter please see picture (car ran low on 17inch wheels caught splitter moving out of the way for ambulance hence 18inch upgrade with good ground clearance but still retaining low stance look)

The car drives without fault as you would expect and is a true pleasure to drive the Hayward and Scott cat back exhaust adds the boxer rumble you want without being over powering

Included in the sale and never fitted is a 3inch Hayward and Scott down pipe system and AEM wing mounted cold air intake. Was looking to fit them as a package with a remap at TDR Warwick only got as far as talking to Mark on the phone but he has informed me would run a very safe and fun 330-340 bhp (obviously new owners discretion and if not wanted you can sell them)

Spec List

Styling

GREDDY INFOMETER, Dash mounted touch screen data monitor reading over 50 different engine parameters, loads of different display gauge options with OBD2 code reader and rest.
Set of Genuine Subaru 17inch Alloys 4x budget tyres
Set of Genuine Subaru 18inch alloys 4x Pirelli P Zero tyres good tread
KAYLAN rally mud flaps
Genuine Subaru front fog light kit
Genuine Subaru JDM tinted window deflectors
Genuine Subaru JDM R205 gloss black wing badges
Genuine Subaru JDM clear rear fog light
Premium auto styling USA rear taillight overlays
De-Wiper rear window (standard wiper boxed and included in sale)
Ultra rare Damd carbon fibre side skirts (From the USA)
V style front carbon fibre splinter (Cut to N/S)
Carbon fibre door pillar overlays

Engine and Exhaust

Hayward & Scott 4inch twin tail pipe rear silencer
Hayward & Scott Centre section
Hayward & Scott 3inch bell mouthed de-cat down pipe (not fitted)
AEM Wing mounted cold air intake (not fitted)
Plastics divert valve updated to genuine alloy Subaru valve

Suspension

CUSCO Type OS front suspension strut bar
H&R lowering springs (good ground clearance on 18inch Wheels keeps low stance look not bad on 17inch but you have to be aware of the low running ride hight of the car on 17inch wheel)

Whiteline rear crossmember mount bush kit (Not crapy £30 insert kit) This was a £200 kit alone and and transforms the handling of the STI hatch to what it should of been with the support of the bellow suspension up grades.

Whiteline front 22mm fully adjustable heavy duty anti roll bar with poly bushes
Whiteline rear 22mm fully adjustable heavy duty anti roll bar with poly bushes
Whiteline rear mounts support anti roll bar braces
Whiteline rear diff mounting poly bushes (Gets rid of Flex under acceleration load)
Whiteline gear box mouthing poly bushes (Gives a very nice gear change)

Whiteline steering rack and pinion mount poly bushing kit (This really sorts out the steering feel and feedback you get through the steering wheel)
Power Flex anti lift, adjustable caster correction front arm poly bushes (This is an important adjustment that changes the geometry of the car and helps prevent it from lifting the front wheels under acceleration giving the car maximum grip)

The suspension bushes have all been replaced on the car with power flex poly bushes so the car is sat on all new bushes fitted less than a year ago absolutely nothing left untouched on any of the suspension arms

Eibach rear camber adjustable bolts (not fitted)

Parts alone for the suspension rebuild were over a £1,000 before labour which was nearly the same again I have receipts for all work carried
The suspension has basically had a full rebuild as extreme as it might sound this car drives and fells like a factory car it is not harsh or hard to drive in fact paired with the Subaru 4 wheel drive system and SI drive it is and unbelievably easy and rewarding car to drive with the power to match rumble from the boxer engine

This is a real driver’s car and I want it to go to a good home and I will really miss it when they told me at work I was getting a company car I was a little upset. I've been thinking of reasons to keep it but it's too nice to have as a track car and a waste sat on my drive I a firm believer a car should be enjoyed so it must be moved on

All standard parts supplied with the car

One other thing the 18inch wheels are green stand out personal taste thing you might like it you might not the price of the car is £12,500ono I think that is fair I am not asking £100's over the price of a STI hatch with more mileage and less sensible upgrades if any. If the wheels are not to your taste I can have them reconditioned (not a mark on them) and dipped any colour of your choice within reason for £100 and they do a good job black white or a deep copper gold would be nice I was looking at changing to the latter. Turn around on wheels is a week.

No test drives without money in hand and proof of insurance. I am in no hurry to sell so pleas no silly offers truth be told if it does not sell it's of no lose to me I'll dry store it and use it for a couple of thousand miles in the Summer it owes me nothing and the way it's set up I can't see it causing me any trouble so don't waste mine or your own time please serious enquiries only sorry if that sounds harsh.

£12,500ono

Contact Number 07411597968 Sam

More pictures to follow as soon as I can get them off my phone
Old 14 March 2017, 12:26 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks nice,i could be tempted.
Old 14 March 2017, 12:39 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

The problem I'm having is I want to keep her

Shes a true pleasure to drive
Old 15 March 2017, 07:54 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Overall mileage
Mileage on new engine

Cut to N/S splitter
Old 19 March 2017, 12:45 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Old 21 March 2017, 06:52 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Default Price Drop

Price alteration I am looking for £11,650 ono. I have seen an Elise I would like to turn into a project
Old 21 March 2017, 07:13 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

really like this , let me get my sti type r sold and ill be in touch
if still available
Old 21 March 2017, 07:33 PM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Please do mate you have any questions my numbers 07411597968 I've really enjoyed owning it just in a position where it's wasted on my drive would like a Sunday car
Old 31 March 2017, 09:13 AM
Sam_Matin
Scooby Newbie

Default Price Drop

Weekend BUMP

I will except offers of £11.000 for the car with all the parts and everything listen in the ad

Like I have said before I have seen a weekend Elise I want to buy and this amount will free me up to buy it so no offeres lower this is good price and if you are intrested please contact me on: 07411597968