Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

WR1 Ltd Edition 35K MILES for sale

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2017, 12:37 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 Ltd Edition 35K MILES for sale

My cherished WR1 now for sale on ebay and autotrader, more pics on ebay though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-WR1...IAAOSwUKxYg8Il

Can email few more pics or vids if required.

Still not certain I want to sell but after 3 scoobs, might be time for a change?

Cheers
Old 23 January 2017, 02:17 PM
derek sti
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a stunner can't be many left in that condition and mileage
Old 23 January 2017, 02:39 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Derek!

Yeah, shall we say i'm quite fussy! ha
Its a second car so only really goes out to shows and meets and occational summer run. Shame not to use it every day though
Old 26 January 2017, 11:40 AM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Reduced to sell

Last edited by Swiss tone; 30 January 2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 31 January 2017, 10:51 AM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 03 February 2017, 11:52 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Sold ����
Old 05 February 2017, 09:28 PM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Shame I've only just seen this! Do you mind me asking what it made mate (or the asking price)? Absolutely stunning car in wonderful condition! Well done
Old 05 February 2017, 09:53 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Hi Adam, must have just been a bad time of year as couple of people keen but didn't actually travel as far away. Loads of views and watchers though. Pictures always look good but don't think people knew how good it actually was! Just bought a jaguar XKR 4.2 supercharged, awesome!

Last edited by Swiss tone; 06 February 2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06 February 2017, 10:09 AM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Wow, that seems very reasonable given the mileage/condition. Lots of people seem to imply the WR1 "isn't all that" - would you mind giving me an owner's insight into the performance, ownership etc? I think they look outstanding!
Old 06 February 2017, 10:50 AM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, yeah sure. I loved the shear raw power and kick in the back performance but they are a bit raw and I wouldn't use mine for everyday especially if doing a lot of miles. Most have an aftermarket exhaust and although sound nice, they drone a bit on long runs and I personally would go for just the prodrive standard one. They arnt dear to keep maintained when you compare to other supercar types. They do have the odd squeak as getting on a bit and I'm fussy so pick up on that. Ive had two WR1's and a standard WRX before that. For every day, I loved the standard WRX but as a w/e toy, the WR1 is perfect. The engines in the WR1 I think are better than the RB320 and it's cheaper tax but two of my buyers bought the RB. Just personal preference I guess. If it's been looked after then not a great deal to go wrong as mechanics are good but just check the DCCD works ok. I just leave in auto though. If it's on at low turning speed, they click/vibrate but it's just the LSD slipping. Feels weird and not right but they all do that. I test drive one with a knocking rear diff when ease off under load so left that one alone! £15k should get you a nice one but up to you if want a higher mileage one cheaper. Watch out for and suspected clocked as I'm sure some might have been. Just do your homework on history and mots! Like the P1 etc, all pristine limited build cars generally go up in value so have your fun then get your money back! Win-Win eh. Happy hunting! Cheers

Last edited by Swiss tone; 06 February 2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06 February 2017, 11:31 AM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Very helpful mate, thank you! I'm after something for occasional blasts around the winding roads of West/Mid/North Wales mainly with a few trips to a Scotland also planned. Certainly not a daily, I have a CLS350 for that which is quite the opposite lol!

Would you not say a WR1 will have a better resale in the future mate? I've also pondered the CS400, I like limited cars with some sort of motorsport history .

I keep hearing about the Spec C (love blob eye shape) however I'm less sure on JDM...
Old 06 February 2017, 11:36 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AdamGethin1
Wow, that seems very reasonable given the mileage/condition. Lots of people seem to imply the WR1 "isn't all that" - would you mind giving me an owner's insight into the performance, ownership etc? I think they look outstanding!
The WR1 was mainly just a colour change and added DCCD. A later blob (commonly refered to as the wide track) gives you more upgrades and DCCD in standard form.

Admittedly 99% of drivers wont get anything extra from the the wider track. Drive a new age RA or a classic RA/R and you'll get why people say the WR1 isn't that special.

Bit like the P1, its a de-performanced Type R. But people buy them cos they are 'special' cars.

This would be a much better option for enjoying good roads,

http://scoobyclinic.com/carsales_fc02.htm

Last edited by On-the-bog; 06 February 2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06 February 2017, 11:43 AM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

It's all about how rare a car is really and if got a good following like Ford RS and cosworth. Who would have thought a sierra 3 door would be 50k. Look at the rare 22b, very rare prodrive prototype and nice but look at the 75k price tag! Not as fast as the WR1 but just rare. Not many low mileage WR1 (500 made), P1's (1000 made) or RB320 (320 made) left so will always command a premium. The other guys on here will know more about spec c or JDM but buy for the performance not rarety I recon.

Last edited by Swiss tone; 06 February 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06 February 2017, 12:03 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by On-the-bog
The WR1 was mainly just a colour change and added DCCD. A later blob (commonly refered to as the wide track) gives you more upgrades and DCCD in standard form.

Admittedly 99% of drivers wont get anything extra from the the wider track. Drive a new age RA or a classic RA/R and you'll get why people say the WR1 isn't that special.

Bit like the P1, its a de-performanced Type R. But people buy them cos they are 'special' cars.

This would be a much better option for enjoying good roads,

http://scoobyclinic.com/carsales_fc02.htm
Is the type r the same power I.e 316 in standard form? What is the spec c power? The WR1 was produced in Europe as a petter solberg edition but only STI power at 280 ish Bhp then 500 given to prodrive to enhance with lower suspension, new ECU updated fuel pump, vf54 (I think) turbo, ppf7 18" alloys etc etc as well as the limited edition bits being added to make you feel that bit special. Most limited edition cars are like that though so normal really.
Old 06 February 2017, 12:12 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

This is the full 'blurb' for anyone interested!

Subaru’s fastest production Impreza at the time (currently the Cosworth now) – the WRX STi ‘WR1’ – 500 limited numbers produced for sale in 2004 (300 currently left taxed on UK roads).

First unveiled in January at the ‘Autosport’ show, the special edition prodrive developed Impreza WRX STi celebrates Petter Solberg winning the Driver’s Title in the 2003 World Rally Championship. It features a power upgrade to 320 PS plus a host of technical and visual upgrades and originally cost £29,995 on-the-road back in 2004.

0-60 in 4.2 Seconds (320 PS standard max power)
0-100 in 10.67 Seconds
Quarter mile 12.8 seconds
Limited to 155 mph
309.8 Ib ft at 4,000 rpm

(By comparison, the ‘standard’ 265 PS Impreza STi (253 lb.ft torque at 4,000 rpm) is quoted with a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 151.5 mph). The optional Prodrive-developed Performance Pack liberates 305 PS and 299 lb.ft torque at the same revs and reaches 60 mph in 4.6 seconds and 100 mph in 12.2 seconds.

The ‘WR1’s extra power and torque are achieved thanks to a revised engine control unit (ECU), high-flow catalyst and sports silencer.
Driver-Selected Torque Split Tailors Handling Balance
Also guaranteed to excite enthusiasts is a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake. It means the torque distribution between front and rear wheels can be manually selected. This allows the choice, for example, between a sharper cornering turn-in or more stable straight-line running.

Also new for the ‘WR1’ are special, Prodrive-developed uprated springs and bump-stops with a 25 mm lower ride-height. Intercooler waterspray provides additional cooling power.
Special Wheels, Body Colour and Interior
Other handling-enhancing features include 18 ins diameter P-FF7 (Prodrive Flow Forming seven-spoke) alloy wheels with 225/45 Pirelli PZero tyres.

Externally, the new ‘WR1’ is instantly recognisable thanks to its unique Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille.
Interior changes include anthracite instead of blue suede-effect seats, a special gear ****, limited edition silver key ring, imaged carpet mats, unique tax disc holder engraved with the special edition number, unique service record book and prodrive certificate.
(Features shared with all Impreza WRX STi’s range from a six-speed gearbox to big Brembo brakes and front and rear ‘Suretrac’ differentials).
Old 06 February 2017, 12:33 PM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swiss tone
It's all about how rare a car is really and if got a good following like Ford RS and cosworth. Who would have thought a sierra 3 door would be 50k. Look at the rare 22b, very rare prodrive prototype and nice but look at the 75k price tag! Not as fast as the WR1 but just rare. Not many low mileage WR1 (500 made), P1's (1000 made) or RB320 (320 made) left so will always command a premium. The other guys on here will know more about spec c or JDM but buy for the performance not rarety I recon.
I don't think you can even consider a wr1 to be in the same league as a 22b mate I'm afraid. 22b will always be the one to have full stop. It is the Subaru Icon.
Old 06 February 2017, 01:00 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by On-the-bog
I don't think you can even consider a wr1 to be in the same league as a 22b mate I'm afraid. 22b will always be the one to have full stop. It is the Subaru Icon.
Oh yes totally agree they are the one to have and look gorgeous but apart from just being so rare, will someone enlighten me to the spec why they are soooo good or is it purely looks? Arnt they normal STI power? Think I need putting straight in this one!!
Old 06 February 2017, 01:20 PM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swiss tone
Oh yes totally agree they are the one to have and look gorgeous but apart from just being so rare, will someone enlighten me to the spec why they are soooo good or is it purely looks? Arnt they normal STI power? Think I need putting straight in this one!!
Some similar typical changes to a special edition but some very different spec vs a standard classic sti,

2.2 engine
DCCD box
wider track, different hubs etc, not just spaced out
wide arch kit
wheels (cant buy them as an option)
Bilstein Suspension
twin plate clutch
Dash is different (non reflective grey)
paint colour and badges (purely cosmetic)
Seats are same but cloth pattern changed

Quick search says it had a seem welded shell and larger brake disks but im not sure if those are true, sure theres other i missed as im no expert on them.
Old 06 February 2017, 02:32 PM
wrxjut
Scooby Newbie

I stumbled across this the other day, as I'am looking for more of a limited produced car, like the WR1, RB320 or the JDM's spec c/ra ect. Something a little different and special.
http://www.subaru-impreza.de/SonderserienENG.htm#UK
It amazed me on how many limited produced cars were built for so many different country's!
Old 06 February 2017, 03:46 PM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxjut
I stumbled across this the other day, as I'am looking for more of a limited produced car, like the WR1, RB320 or the JDM's spec c/ra ect. Something a little different and special.
http://www.subaru-impreza.de/SonderserienENG.htm#UK
It amazed me on how many limited produced cars were built for so many different country's!
Alot of them were just cosmetic changes as well. Some just cosmetic and ppp added
Old 08 February 2017, 11:32 AM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Is this your car mate? Really wish I'd met you first now, I'd have broken your arm off at 15k lol! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...us=1500&page=2
Old 08 February 2017, 11:37 AM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

looks like it, typical dealer, just adds a huge uplift and sits on it
Old 08 February 2017, 11:39 AM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Crazy. The smart money certainly seems to be in buying something mint/limited off somebody like the gentleman above. Seems you can move them on easily enough, to dealers who want to do this kind of thing if/when the time comes to sell. I might offer him 16k, knowing he's paid 15k haha! (I'm joking).
Old 08 February 2017, 12:21 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Is this your car mate? Really wish I'd met you first now, I'd have broken your arm off at 15k lol! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...us=1500&page=2
yes Adam that was mine, didn't think it would be as much as that but it was like new. Gave me a bit more than suggested though.
Old 08 February 2017, 12:23 PM
AdamGethin1
Scooby Newbie

Sorry, my mistake mate. I'll have to keep an eye out for another mint private one on here. It's either that or the CS400 for me I think, like the limited nature of them and the story. Was a big Solberg fan as a child (13 at the time!).
Old 08 February 2017, 12:56 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Sorry, my mistake mate. I'll have to keep an eye out for another mint private one on here. It's either that or the CS400 for me I think, like the limited nature of them and the story. Was a big Solberg fan as a child (13 at the time!).
shame you didn't see it earlier as nicer to sell to a enthusiast! Didn't think it was fair on the guy to band about how much he gave me even though just seen the price tag! CS400 nice. I've gone completely different and going for jag XKR as really impressive looking like the aston. 😀
Old 08 February 2017, 01:29 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Swiss Tone, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that it was the right time to sell? I've been agonising for years whether to sell my blob T25 but just can't make the decision. Owned it from new but doing fewer and fewer miles each year - 845 last year! I guess part of the problem is I wouldn't know what to buy next.
Old 08 February 2017, 01:45 PM
Swiss tone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
Swiss Tone, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that it was the right time to sell? I've been agonising for years whether to sell my blob T25 but just can't make the decision. Owned it from new but doing fewer and fewer miles each year - 845 last year! I guess part of the problem is I wouldn't know what to buy next.
XRS, prob wasn't the best time straight after Christmas but you know when you start looking, you can't stop! I've had a WRX and two WR1's so time for a change I guess. I do similar mileage to you as a toy so was scared to put mileage on. Shame really not to get proper use out of it and prob better to get one 'well used' so you don't feel bad!! Ha. Good luck with the T25!