Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

For Sale: Totally standard 2007 Impreza STI PPP Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2016, 06:35 PM
spigott01
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: Totally standard 2007 Impreza STI PPP Hawkeye

I'm selling my silver 2007 Impreza 2.5 WRX STi Type UK 4d as we are expecting our third child in October, so I need to get a 7 seater!

I am the second owner and have had the car for 7 years. I bought it from Bell & Colvill Subaru dealership in West Horsley, Surrey in 2009. The Prodrive Performance Pack was fitted when new for the first owner by Bell & Colvill, and I have the installation certificate.

We have done approx 6000 miles per year, with a mixture of town driving and regular trips up the M1 to my parents in Yorkshire. Current millage 69,500.

The car has been regularly serviced for the first few years by Bell & Colvill Subaru, and then by more recently by independent dealers, apart from the timing belt change, which I had done by K T Green Subaru in West Yorkshire in December 2013. I have all the service history documents and MOT certs.

I have only used standard Subaru parts, and the car has not been modified in any way, apart from having rear parking sensors fitted, to stop my wife from reversing the car up our drive into the house!

The rear shock absorbers have had to be replaced twice due to clunking noises which is apparently a common problem. The first time, when the car was 3 years old was done under warranty by Bell & Colvill and the second time last October when they started to get noisy again, when I also had a new standard clutch fitted. Total cost nearly 2k!

The car has only ever drunk Shell V Power petrol and averages 21 MPG for town driving and 28 - 31 MPG on longer runs.

The bodywork is in reasonably good condition for the car's age, with a few minor stone chips and car park door marks.

The alloy wheels need a refurb. There were a few kerb marks so I had them refurbished in 2012 by a mobile firm called Chips Away and they looked like new, but more recently the gold paint has started to bubble in places, so I don't think they did a very good job.

I need to sell the car in the first week of September when the new car arrives - not before, as it is our only car.

WeBuyAnyCar have offered me just over £8000 so I am looking for a bit more than that.

I will be very sad to see it go as it is an amazing car to drive, but it can't fit 3 child seats and my wife is sick of having people wanting to race her off the traffic lights. I'm not allowed to drive it fast with her and the kids in the car, and it's rare that I find myself on a nice country lane to enjoy the full potential of the engine and handling. So I will be happy for it to go to a good home, either for someone to keep totally standard at 300hp or tune up and put a louder exhaust on!

Please contact me for more details and photos etc. Thanks
Old 18 July 2016, 08:44 PM
spigott01
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts