Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

WR blue 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, 97k miles, FSH

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2016, 10:27 PM
agw_01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR blue 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, 97k miles, FSH

I bought this car in April 2015 on 72,000 miles from another Scoobynet member. The car is now on 97,100 miles and will increase slightly as being used daily.

This car has been owned by several Scoobynet members before coming into my ownership.

The car has spent the last 12 months doing mostly motorway driving so despite now showing almost 100,000 miles is in very good condition both inside and out.

The car has been enthusiast owned for many years, ALWAYS ran on Shell V-Power, has full service history and in my ownership, has had the following work carried out;

Oil services at 73,414 (16/5/2015), 83,300 (13/10/2015), 91,957 (7/2/2016) using Fuchs Pro Race S 5w40 and genuine black Subaru oil filters
Gearbox oil changed and rear diff oil changed at using Redline Lightweight Shockproof 75w90
Coolant changed using Motul Inugel Optimal
Genuine Subaru air filter, Denso front lambda sensor and NGK spark plugs

Genuine Gates cambelt, waterpump and all tensioners changed at 76,702 (27/6/2015)
Exedy clutch, RTS lightweight flywheel, spigot and release bearing at 93,568 (10/3/2016)

There are receipts for other fluids and service parts not documented here.

This is an excellent unmolested example, with the only modifications being;

Alloy/polybushed front ARB droplinks
RTS lightened flywheel
Stainless steel backbox
Upper front and rear strutbraces
Lower front H brace
STi shocks and springs
Grooved brake discs

LED sidelights, reversing lights, numberplate lights, interior lights and map reading lights

4x Marshall Matrac XM 215/45/17 fitted 17/5/2014, all with 5mm remaining
Full wheel alignment in 07/05/2014

The car has recenly passed its MOT with no advisories. This expires on the 15th April 2017.

The bodywork is very good with no rust. There is one parking ding and a couple of small scratches as you would expect. There is a scrape on the rear bumper and a small patch on the passenger wing mirror which were there when I bought the car. There is a light scratch mark on the bootlid where it appears the car was keyed. Thankfully this has not gone through the paint. There is also a small patch of laquer peel on the front bumper.

The car has a very very occasional knock from the rear suspension when travelling slowly over rough road. This is rarely noticeable and doesn't detract from the driving experience. This is very common with the grease filled Impreza shocks and is usually resolved by fitting coilovers and doing away with the standard shock configuration completely.

Exterior

Interior

Wheels

Engine

Bodywork damage

Despite the age and miles, the car is in good condition, has an extensive service history and with its recent cambelt, flywheel and clutch, I'm looking for offers around £3000.

Genuine reason for sale, that being I needed a year 'experience' before insurance would become more Subaru friendly. Thus, I'm on the look out for an STi.

Located in Manchester.

Thanks.

Last edited by agw_01; 17 May 2016 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added more pictures to advert
Old 12 May 2016, 09:14 PM
agw_01
Scooby Regular

OP updated with more detailed images showing how the car is at present.

The car is due an oil change very soon, this will be done with a genuine black Subaru filter and Fuchs Pro Race S 5w40 as per all previous oil changes.
Old 16 May 2016, 05:13 PM
DanGamble
Scooby Newbie

Haha wow holy ****, i just linked this to a mate who is slightly looking into WRX's and this just so happens to be the one me and him both owned. Super clean car this, GLWS
Old 16 May 2016, 05:23 PM
jamesfoley
Scooby Regular

Just sent you a PM, assuming its still for sale
Old 16 May 2016, 08:13 PM
agw_01
Scooby Regular

Hiya Dan, nice to see you I'm sure you and a few others can vouch for this car. Have you still got the BMW?

If you're looking for a very good example of a bugeye WRX, this is definitely one to consider.

It's been an awesome car and until very recently I had absolutely no plans to change. I just hope it goes to somebody who will look after it as well as the previous owners.

James, got your PM. I'll reply now.

Cheers guys.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:23 PM
DanGamble
Scooby Newbie

Well the history of the car from me was me, then James who pm'd you , then me again, then you! That BMW only lasted 2 months or so, i needed something quick and manual again so it didn't last too long. Got myself an s2k for 8-9 months or so then back into a 330 but a manual this time, got on a lot better than that.

A few of the subtle mods on the car like the mudflaps, also the current wheels were sourced by James, he looked after the car a right treat .

Honestly a really really good buy for the price, never caused me or James any problems in our 2-3 years of combined ownership
Old 16 May 2016, 08:41 PM
agw_01
Scooby Regular

Ahhh that's good to hear When I wanted to move from my old Rover Turbo to an Impreza, the insurance weren't too welcoming in insuring me on an STi widetrack, hence me buying a very clean WRX.

A year later and the insurance is much more reasonable so I've decided to make the move, hence the sale.

Thanks for the kind words Dan, I have no doubt that the work I've done to the car in my ownership (all service parts mind) will mean the new owner gets lots of trouble free motoring from this car.
Old 21 May 2016, 03:31 PM
agw_01
Scooby Regular

SOLD