Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Upgrading WRX to STi Scoop (blob v8)

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2011, 09:50 AM
BigSeal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading WRX to STi Scoop (blob v8)

Hi,

Collected my scoop from the body shop last night and was thinking of fitting it this weekend.

Brought a v8 undertray from a user here as well.

Been reading a couple of sites to remove the scoop, guess I will reverse the process to fit.

Firstly, looking at the STi, I do not have any clips, will I be ok to use them off the WRX scoop?

Secondly, on the WRX undertray, there is a bit of rubber which sits on top of the IC when the bonnet is closed. Do I need one for the STi undertray?

=J=
Old 01 April 2011, 05:06 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have still got the WRX intercooler fitted then all you need to swap is the scoop......the larger STi undertray is designed to fit around the larger STi intercooler (which I guess you don't have).

The OEM scoops are a straight swap

Shaun
Old 01 April 2011, 05:22 PM
BigSeal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the STi TMIC for ages but with a standard WRX scoop. Due to the colour of the car, it took me ages to find a scoop. In the end, I brought a silver one and had it sprayed black to match.

Under and around the scoop, there are holes, which I assume, some kind of studs goes on to and then mounted to the bonnet. These studs, will I be able to reuse the one from the WRX scoop?

Also, I know the undertray came out of the blob v8 STi. I measure it against my and its bigger. Back to my 2nd point, should there be some kind of rubber seal which sits on the undertray?
Old 01 April 2011, 06:50 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, there should be a rubber seal which is meant to seal off the intercooler and force the air through the intercooler rather than finding it's way past the egde into the engine bay.

Shaun