Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Turning a GX into an STI Replica!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2009, 10:08 AM
daaannaay07
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning a GX into an STI Replica!!

After much much searching, have finally located an Impreza Blobeye GX in Blue that a want to style to an Sti replica. What bodyparts am i going to need???

And does anyone know of anyone half decent in the Coventry / warwickshire area that can fit / paint them???
Old 27 July 2009, 12:37 PM
Tom87
Scooby Regular

(Just copying my reply from your thread in the Gneral section)

Hi mate, I've got a Bugeye GX which I have lightly modified to pretty much a trubo replica (take a look in My Garage).

*You will obviously need an STI or WRX bonnet and the scoop, just whacking a scoop onto your current bonent will look appalling. eBay for this...but be patient in finding one...

*A good quality STI replica rear spoiler will almost complete the look, but I'd try eBay for a genuine second hand Subaru one before you rush into buying a replica, as these are much better quality. If you do get a STI replica spoiler make sure a good bodyshop preps it very well before painting. Try Scoobyworld for one of these...

*Sideskirts: 2 ways of doing this, either forking out for a set of STI skirts or just colour-coding your current ones. I did the latter and it looks bang on.

With those 3 done you're almost there. Exterior wise you may still want to look at fog covers, winglets, and the front grille for the full-on STI look. As well as mud flaps, alloys and an exhaust system.

Hope this hasn't been too long and boring! But one last thing, remember to declare any major mods to your insurance company.

If you need any more help or advice just message me mate.

Tom
Old 27 July 2009, 02:22 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Does it have rear spats? It'll need them and colour coded along with the wing mirrors and the door handles.
Old 29 July 2009, 03:41 PM
T32ER
Scooby Regular

iv got a full on GX-sti rep in white looks really nice but iv got a cr@p zorst and it seems to give it away only think i need really is the fog covers make sure you go for the black lights rather than the silver again they look a bit whack - im on silver ones i hate them...
Old 06 August 2009, 01:22 PM
james baldwin
Scooby Regular

You could speak to Mark from Thwaites Developments

Just had my rear bumper resprayed and a load of dent work done through him, results are fantastic!