Styling Exterior styling

Rear arch rebuid . comments plz

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2009, 11:29 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear arch rebuid . comments plz

Right some people know and have taken the **** out the state of my rear arches , (BIOFORGER this is for you ) . The drivers side has severe rust and has been bubbling up for some time , Due to some places wanting stupid money to do the jod ive not done it till now ,a good freind of mine has decided he would give it a go as he does Bodywork repair for a living. After poking the arch the other day and putting his finger through the arch he knew it was not going to be a case of just filler and paint. After having a rumage around at his work place we found a doner arch , it was of a LDV Van and the curve looked the same . From the first piccie you can see how the rust looked on the arch . It was actually a lot worse than the picture shows.

After the violent attack with the air tools and a few weld spots the new arch was cut to shape and ready to work on .you can see how much we had to cut out. the rust went through the inner and outer skin .

When ian was happy with the pannel after battering it for about a hour ..lol while i sat in the sun ...lol on went the fibre glass stuff , then was rubbed down and more fibre glass stuff then filler on top and then the arch took shape .

As you can see the arch is not finished yet , theres some more rubbing down to be done , but im so happy with the arch just looking like it does now and to have got ridden of the rusty arch .There is still the other side to be done but no where near as bad as this was .
Thanks for looking WAZ .
Old 24 May 2009, 05:32 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

well done wazzo.

100% better mate

can't wait to see it painted and at a "soft-southern" meet soon hahhhahha

all the best

Dazza
Old 25 May 2009, 01:02 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Cheers dazza , heres a couple more of the drivers side , the first one is what the arch looked like after the top picture was taken , told you the rust was bad .lol

bumper less .. new boot lid on order ..lol

After finding a lot more rust than first thought we had to make a new ineer and outer from almost scratch ..lol

Both sides are nearlly complete just need another coat of filler and a smoother rub down then the paint .. i must say the arches look nice in white ...A full respray in white i think .lol

Old 29 May 2009, 10:51 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow i have never seen so much rust on a Scoob....hmmm

Indeed your mates done a very good job of making it look seemless, and TBH it gives the car a new life.

Good Luck
Old 20 July 2009, 10:09 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

How's the arch looking now?
The progress to the end of looks excellent!

I'll need to do something shortly to replace the hammerite that's currently hodling my rear arches together! My WRX is also silver, but I'm worried that I'll never be able to blend in a repair to the original paint finish.......