Styling Exterior styling

Body Shops? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2008, 05:10 PM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shops? HELP

Well got my self a STi Spolier and thought play it safe and get a body shop near me to fit it so it doesnt leak water in, and Guess what it leaks water, and I can't even see where from. Had enough of the body shop that fitted it given the same old Bull.

Any one reconmend a Body shop to get this sorted out, some where that has a Very good rep. Arround the Essex - Kent area if Poss.

Also got water getting in the spolier brake light as well, so will have to get onto Scoobyworld about that They seem a good company so Im sure they will sort that for me.

Thanks

Wayne
Old 02 June 2008, 10:51 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Your best off taking the spoiler off and starting again yourself mate...thats best bet. i did mine myself after getting my birds stepdad to spray it up for me (only 20quid for paint!) after drilling two more holes in my boot it was ready, maybe they drilled the holes but didnt seal them? try taking it off and buying some O-shaped seals plus some liquid/paste body sealant too, can never be too careful. As for the brake light leaking, u should be able to take it out and check, as theres no holes on that part of the spoiler...which one did u get, the real looking one with brake light at bottom?? or light at the top?

maybe some o that would help. sounds like people at that bodyshop need a BAD plug!! whats their name?? lol. Ash
Old 02 June 2008, 11:45 PM
richtypera
Scooby Regular

hello budy.
sounds like thay didnt do a very good job. it need removeing and starting again. youl need to use tiger seal for gonding it on properly. i wouldnt sugest useing o ring as the solid rubber and would be hard to get a water tight seal.
also it would raise the spoiler a few mm. and making the spoiler not sit flush to the boot.

im a bit to far away to help but as like us all bodyshops should sort out mistaked. thay do hapen but if there not willing to help you sort it then thay need slateing.

best bet is to find a decent bodyshop close by have a look at there garage first and ask some questions. youll soon know if there trust worthy or not.

if your going to have a go urselr just say and i will run through what you have to do.
Old 03 June 2008, 10:13 AM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the help guys. I Spoke to Scoobyworld regarding the brake light and I just need to take it out and put some sealant where the wire goes into it. I'll Take a look at the spolier again.

Richtypera - You work for a body shop or own one? Where abouts are you mate? I can look at a few bodyshops round my way but then I may get the same problem again.

Cheers

Wayne
Old 04 June 2008, 09:39 PM
XR-Wayne
Scooby Regular

All done now, Was leaking where the gromet was so sealed it and no leaks. Cheers for all the help.