Pics please of your mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 03:27 PM
toofast toostupid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics please of your mirrors

Guys,

Does anyone have the cheap (Ebay) Rally/DTM style carbon wing mirrors? I want to get a set, but dont want to spend £200+ for real carbon WRC ones. Does anyone have pictures of the cheaper plastic ones on there classic scoob, and if so which ones they are? I dont want to buy a set off ebay if they dont fit properly or look cheap. I have seen two types "Type VR SS421 Carbon mirrors" and "mountney CCSDTM44 (Carbon)" Both are generic and need base plates. Which is fine as long as they fit and dont look poo !

cheers guys, picture most welcome.
Old 22 January 2008, 03:36 PM
Smoothybaby
Scooby Newbie

Hi toofast i put a pair on my car last year, i got them from demon tweeks, i was really happy with the mirrors but the base plates where rubbish ( they didnt follow the lines of the car and made them stick out way too far). Instead of sending the mirrors back i made them fit with out using the face plate, it took a weekend messing about but there on and im happy.
Old 23 January 2008, 10:21 AM
toofast toostupid
Scooby Regular

Cheers Smoothybaby, I did a search and noticed someone else had the same issue, saying that the ones on demon tweeks (Mountney) had universal base plates, hence they probably stick out on all cars. How did you get them to look flush with the pillar in the end on yours? I don't suppose you have any picture's?

Cheers bud
Old 23 January 2008, 09:44 PM
Smoothybaby
Scooby Newbie

hey

When i took off the original mirrors i noticed that the face the new DTM had to fit against wasn't flat so i used my dremel to sand some groves into the back of the DTMs (which had really thick plastic) drilled a couple of holes and put them on. It was quite a bit of work and personally if i had to do it again i would look for something with a better fitting baseplate. hope this is some help
Old 24 January 2008, 04:25 PM
toofast toostupid
Scooby Regular

Cheers bud, there are some other cheapo ones that suposedly have car specific base plates so I might give these ago. They are cheap enough that if they dont fit or look lame ill just bin them.

cheers again.