Styling Exterior styling

Help needed ref spalsh guards

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 06:57 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help needed ref spalsh guards

Looking for some help. Just bought some splash guards from local dealer for my 55 plate 4 door WRX. Part numbers are J1010FE264 (Rear) and J1010FE361 (Front). They assured me they fit the four door but got them home and offered them up and the holes are not even close to lining up. Question are these purely for the wagon even though the literature states the front is for both the wagon and sedan but the rear only states wagon.
The rear ones have a v sticking out which fits into the notch in the rear bumper when you line this up the holes and the bottom are miles out and the front is just as bad - miles away from picking up the holes.
Is there a difference in the rear bumper fitted to the wagon and is there a difference in the rear of the front wheel arch and side sills fitted to the 4 door. Or could it be that they are not even for the 55 plate. The parts are listed in the accessory catalogue but not shown online - unfortuneately I do not have the accessory catalogue.
Any advice and info would be appreciated as I am unable to get back to the dealer until next week.

cheers
Old 30 December 2006, 01:43 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for anyone elses info. Been back to the dealer and these only fit newage wagon even though the accessory catalogue doesnt say they only fit the wagon. Tried them up against a wagon in the showroom and fit nice and look pretty good so if you have a new age wagon and dont want a rally style mud flap these would be ideal. Doesnt help me coz they dont fit.