Ebay spoilers?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2005, 02:02 PM
Grant-F
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay spoilers?

Hi folks
I've just recieved a V5 replica rear wing I bought on ebay. Slightly rough looking at the moment but I dare say a bit of filler and paint will sort it out. Was just wondering if any1 else has had any experience of these spoilers? At the daft price it was worth a shot!!

Thanks in advance for any comments

Grant
Old 11 August 2005, 02:03 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

this is the members gallery????
Old 11 August 2005, 02:09 PM
Grant-F
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
this is the members gallery????
Sorry! forgot to come out of gallery before posting. Can I move the thread without starting the same again into 'styling'? G
Old 19 August 2005, 08:22 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Whats the latest with the ebay spoiler Grant, looked at these too but was a little unsure, but as you say for the the price you cant go wrong. Which seller did yours come from?

Paul
Old 22 August 2005, 05:32 PM
Grant-F
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Whats the latest with the ebay spoiler Grant, looked at these too but was a little unsure, but as you say for the the price you cant go wrong. Which seller did yours come from?

Paul
Hi Paul
Sorry about the delay replying, didnt think the topic was getting much response so forgot to check back! I took the spoler up to my mate that does all the work on my car to get his opinion. Looks like it would be possible to tart it up, just needs a bit of time spent on it (and filler!!). Not in hurry to get it on yet as I'm trying to sort out an exhaust just now but i'll get som pics of it as it came for you.

The dealer was joy-tuning in germany.

Grant
Old 24 August 2005, 01:39 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Grant-F
Hi Paul
Sorry about the delay replying, didnt think the topic was getting much response so forgot to check back! I took the spoler up to my mate that does all the work on my car to get his opinion. Looks like it would be possible to tart it up, just needs a bit of time spent on it (and filler!!). Not in hurry to get it on yet as I'm trying to sort out an exhaust just now but i'll get som pics of it as it came for you.

The dealer was joy-tuning in germany.

Grant
Cheers for that Grant, I forgot too . Would be interested in seeing what its like
Old 24 August 2005, 10:40 PM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

I bought one on Ebay from a German supplier for my 05 WRX.
It is an STi replica.
I was not happy with the finish - so bought a real STi spoiler from Grade A breakers.
Now that the real spoiler is fitted - you get to realise the forces involved at speed - I think the filled joints would have opened up on the Ebay spoiler - unless it was very well prepared.
When I bought the spoiler from Grade A - they also supplied the two thicker metal spring bars that go inside the boot - without these the boot does not stay open with the heavier STi type spoiler.
Cheers!
Steve
Old 25 August 2005, 06:43 PM
Grant-F
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steve05wrx
I bought one on Ebay from a German supplier for my 05 WRX.
It is an STi replica.
I was not happy with the finish - so bought a real STi spoiler from Grade A breakers.
Now that the real spoiler is fitted - you get to realise the forces involved at speed - I think the filled joints would have opened up on the Ebay spoiler - unless it was very well prepared.
When I bought the spoiler from Grade A - they also supplied the two thicker metal spring bars that go inside the boot - without these the boot does not stay open with the heavier STi type spoiler.
Cheers!
Steve
I had thought about that steve. If you were doing it yourself time wouldn't be such a problem but if your paying for someones time spent on it, it fair adds up. Have seen some finished ones that look pretty impressive. As it hapens, I've actually had the chance of a genuine v6 wing so might stick the replica back on ebay!
Grant