Notices
Styling Exterior styling

How to remove newage headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2005, 07:00 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove newage headlights!

Im trying to detango my front headlights but do not no how to remove the headlights from my 04 WRX, Ive undone all the bolts on top and removed the grill, but I just cant seem to get them out. Could anybody give me some advice on how to get them out.
Old 15 May 2005, 08:54 PM
daz man
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Im trying to detango my front headlights but do not no how to remove the headlights from my 04 WRX, Ive undone all the bolts on top and removed the grill, but I just cant seem to get them out. Could anybody give me some advice on how to get them out.
There is another ten mil. bolt underneath then you should be able to unclip it , They sometimes need a sharp pull forward as there are two small small ball and plastic sockets on the wing side.
Old 15 May 2005, 09:09 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

There is another ten mil. bolt underneath then you should be able to unclip it , They sometimes need a sharp pull forward as there are two small small ball and plastic sockets on the wing side.
I'll give it another go tomorrow, think I was being a bit to soft with them and wasnt trying to pull them hard enough.
Old 16 May 2005, 09:10 PM
willsy369
Scooby Regular

Behind the grill there is a white plastic bracket that has a 10 mm bolt and the other end is attatched to the headlight via 2 screws. You can undo this at either end to remove it but is so so much easier to undo the bolt! then with the top 2 undone give a good pulling jolt to unclip the 2 clips that are wing side on the outer edge of the light unit. be carefull not to damage the wing here. then undo the llight clips at the bottom to be able to pull her free( with some manuvering!) hope this helps. There is also a detailed thread on this with pics under a search on de-tangoing or blacked headlight mod! i have done both and it looks good!! Willsy
Originally Posted by scoobyboy1