Styling Exterior styling

Filling Spoiler Holes...

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 09:43 AM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filling Spoiler Holes...

I've managed to get hold of a genuine S202 spoiler which I've fitted to my 05 Wrx. Whilst it's not everyones cup of tea I'm really happy with it.

The only problem is because it has 2 small feet for the brackets, as opposed to the Type C one which has a single long foot, it has left exposed 2 holes with blue plastic grommet things in and a single hole where the stop light wire comes through.

What's the best way for sorting this out ?
Is it the sort of job those chip away people could do or do I need to go into a bodyshop ? Would they likely need it more than a day to fill and paint which would be a pain for me as I need the car every day..

Thanks chaps.. any advice gratefully received..

Old 30 April 2005, 01:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

what you could do..........

where your spoiler bolts to the car, if you had a section of plastic underneath this which coverd the other holes, im not sure on the bolt pattern but it cant really be "that" big?

if this section of plastic was painted to match your car, nobody would probably ever notice and if you were to change back in the future, it would be much less hassle, you could also get another bootlind, have it sorted and painted and then swapped over.....
Old 30 April 2005, 06:30 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Cheers Bud - probably another bootlid would be the best way to go - anyone got a spare one - pref in Crystal Grey ?
Old 30 April 2005, 07:41 PM
megabusa
Scooby Regular

You would need a bog standard Impreza boot with no holes really, then drill the 4 required holes and paint.

Have you considered this though.... get a vinyl logo shop to cut some circles of vinyl to stick over the holes? You would get a pretty good colour match, and it would cost peanuts.
Old 30 April 2005, 07:46 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by megabusa
You would need a bog standard Impreza boot with no holes really, then drill the 4 required holes and paint.

Have you considered this though.... get a vinyl logo shop to cut some circles of vinyl to stick over the holes? You would get a pretty good colour match, and it would cost peanuts.
Yeah - I guess so, I'm thinking I spent so much on the spoiler I really ought to do a proper job on the lid..
...or I could get a c/f one !