Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Cheap Sti - 6 spoilers (Be Aware)

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2005, 07:24 PM
SwishOvBolton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Sti - 6 spoilers (Be Aware)

unfortunantly ive bought one and when it came it was that concaved that there was a mass gap from my boot to the spoiler in the centre also the fooking holes are well out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has anyone else had this problem if so how did they go about it ,

sorry forgot to add the ****ty ones off ebay the replicas ,
Old 26 April 2005, 09:45 PM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Post If it's a two part high level then this might help

Mine came off Ebay and was very very cheap, it didn't have crappy hole alignment, but there was a mahoosive gap between the spoiler and the boot lid in the center.
Having decided the spoiler was gonna remain on the boot forever I took the plunge, here's what you do:

Separate the spoiler into it's two parts (top and bottom), this will give you far more flex in the spoiler (trust me).

You should now find the holes line up a little better.

Bolt the spoiler to the boot lid BUT DONT TIGHTEN UP

now it gets messy

Get yourself some cavaty wall fixings

Drill through the boot lid and into the spoiler in a few obvious places.

Take the spoiler off

Take the cavity wall fixings and fix to the underside of the spoiler, once good and tight remove the bolts from the fixings and place the spoiler back on the boot lid outer bolt holes first then your new ones)

Once the lower half of the spolier is firmly fixed to the boot lid bolt the top half of the spoiler to the lower part.

Hopefully when done it should look like this

Old 27 April 2005, 09:01 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

try PMing Sticky Mikey he used to work in a bodyshop
Old 28 April 2005, 06:38 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Mine came off Ebay and was very very cheap, it didn't have crappy hole alignment, but there was a mahoosive gap between the spoiler and the boot lid in the center.
Having decided the spoiler was gonna remain on the boot forever I took the plunge, here's what you do:

Separate the spoiler into it's two parts (top and bottom), this will give you far more flex in the spoiler (trust me).

You should now find the holes line up a little better.

Bolt the spoiler to the boot lid BUT DONT TIGHTEN UP

now it gets messy

Get yourself some cavaty wall fixings

Drill through the boot lid and into the spoiler in a few obvious places.

Take the spoiler off

Take the cavity wall fixings and fix to the underside of the spoiler, once good and tight remove the bolts from the fixings and place the spoiler back on the boot lid outer bolt holes first then your new ones)

Once the lower half of the spolier is firmly fixed to the boot lid bolt the top half of the spoiler to the lower part.

Hopefully when done it should look like this

think i read your 'how to' guide about a week after i fixed mine (with blood,sweat and a lot of tears)

top advice this for anyone with an ebay special

a bead of sikaflex will also make sure the ****** doesn't ever move

Last edited by hoskib; 28 April 2005 at 06:40 AM.
Old 28 April 2005, 10:52 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bottom feeder has the correct info for fitting one of these

i have not seen a copy spoiler yet that fits properly, not including the sti4 versions

ive seen sumbody pay LOTS of cash from a respected scoobytuner for a copy sti6 and his fits **** as well, if your going to fit a copy, they buy the cheapest one from ebay and put the hours in to make it look right

dont just slap it on with a big gap along the bottom end, that looks **** and cheap,tacky and ****e, along with cavity wall fixings, you can also use spring toggles
Old 28 April 2005, 10:55 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ73
try PMing Sticky Mikey he used to work in a bodyshop
i would rather they didnt, i have much more important stuff to do with my time like run a buisness then answer pms from people who bought fake goods, but thanks for always having me in the front of your mind regarding bodywork mods

its been a pleasure
Old 28 April 2005, 11:01 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

-e

rocket science

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2005, 07:03 PM
Double D
Scooby Regular

ive seen sumbody pay LOTS of cash from a respected scoobytuner for a copy sti6 and his fits **** as well
i agree with mick, i've seen the revolution spoilers and the fit on the boot lid is shocking!

Mine came off Ebay and was very very cheap,
how much is v v cheap??
Old 28 April 2005, 08:01 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

well i didnt want to name drop LOL

the ebay ones are about £140 or so now
i would bet they are the same spoilers from the same moulds, they seam to fit the same?

but what do i know, that dj bloke is the one for the advise, you cant expect GRP products to fit properlly without work apperntly

bottomfeeders looks good in the pics, not sure if you could be able to tell in person?
Old 28 April 2005, 08:11 PM
SwishOvBolton
Scooby Regular

my copy spoiler did eventually fit perfect with no hole in the middle i took it in 2 halves put the first one , and when i alligned the screws up i had to drill holes in my boot to get the screws on , but bobs yer uncle its all on and now im gonna put body filla were ive had to drill on the back of my boot

problem was the screws went into the hole , after some serious , 2 people pushing the centre down to allign up , but then on the bottom side of my boot there was no were without drilling to get to the bolt its hard to explain but ill get the picture up , took a good 3 quarters of an hour all in all , i did it on the day i left the post , but what a ball ache ,

worse was actually ligning it up on my boot , openin my car door to get my lighter with my spoiler on the boot, slammin my door and my ******* spoiler falling off and chipping all down the back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was gutted
Old 29 April 2005, 08:18 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

top job bottomfeeder

i have much more important stuff to do with my time like run a buisness then answer pms from people who bought fake goods
you don't seem to mind answering post's and try to offer advice on fitting who have bought "replica" splash guard's
but thanks for always having me in the front of your mind regarding bodywork mods
no worrie's Chip someone's got to keep you right
well i didnt want to name drop LOL
it doesn't seem to stop you other time's onder2:
you cant expect GRP products to fit properlly without work apperntly
YES they can but it depend's on what product's , something like a spoiler could tried on a spare boot lid at the maker's before finishing !!
but as you can see from BF's picture's HE got his to fit spot on
Old 30 April 2005, 08:42 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

you don't seem to mind answering post's and try to offer advice on fitting who have bought "replica" splash guard's
answering a thread with a reply if and when i can, is nothing like having valuable PM space taken up by "crap" you have no idea what my PM inbox is used for

it doesn't seem to stop you other time's onder2:
but not ALL the time, i have a very good reason for this, which will not be explained

YES they can but it depend's on what product's , something like a spoiler could tried on a spare boot lid at the maker's before finishing !!
maybe they should start trying splash guards on a car before there shipped then? or are you still saying that the user is expected to put work in to get the item to fit properlly?? ive seen these copy spoilers for over a year now, the fit has not changed, theres hundreds of them on the market, im sure one was put on a bootlid at sum point, but the manufacturers probably thought "im after sum quick bucks, i dont care if they fit crap, the user is expected to put in ****loads of work to make them fit properlly"

but as you can see from BF's picture's HE got his to fit spot on
lol @ HE
i saw BF`s pictures a LONG time ago n00b , it does apear from the pictures that the fit looks "spot on" but to be fair, i think he receaved no instructions on how to fit the item to look how it actually did, if i recal HE asked a bodyshop repair (little knocks) place for advice on ways to get the thing to fit, DJ have you seen a replica spoiler held up against a bootlid, or is this another one of your one man band fit-a-thon crusade. they way the spoiler is fitted gives IMO the chance for the reflections along the bottom section to become visible "dents" because the spoiler is being pulled down against its will, weather or not you can see them in his, remains to be seen, you can see them perfectly clear on my mates car.

dont forget you quote button in your reply, it makes you look more intelligent dont you know

also LOL @ >>>>>>> onder2:
i thought everybody knew that code does not work been carefully searching the smile database for sumthing juicey have we
Old 01 May 2005, 09:11 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

valuable PM space taken up by "crap" you have no idea what my PM inbox is used for
Not really bothered what crap your PM inbox for ??

i have a very good reason for this, which will not be explained
why not ? , it's pity you don't go on like this about retailer's who sell these **** spoiler's

maybe they should start trying splash guards on a car
these are small compared with a spoiler ? the spoiler has a larger area to cover and the shape of the boot lid to follow and the spoiler has to be rigid as orginal unlike the orginal splash guard's which are a different material "rubber" which without a lot of money you couldn't copy as the orginal ?
the price they charge is cheap for the work involved in making them IMO
trying each one on a car would add to the time and cost more in time !
"im after sum quick bucks, i dont care if they fit crap, the user is expected to put in ****loads of work to make them fit properlly"
is that what revolution think's ?
DJ have you seen a replica spoiler held up against a bootlid
Yes i have a pal bought one from revolution ? massive gap under brake light !!!
dont forget you quote button in your reply, it makes you look more intelligent dont you know
i have to so you'll know what to reply to
also LOL @ >>>>>>> onder2:
i thought everybody knew that code does not work been carefully searching the smile database for sumthing juicey have we
yes i know it doesn't work , have a go a scoobynet ? No just the one's scoobynet does ???

is this another one of your one man band fit-a-thon crusade
No Chip , but are YOU on one ?
Old 03 May 2005, 11:33 AM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

saw BF`s pictures a LONG time ago n00b , it does apear from the pictures that the fit looks "spot on" but to be fair, i think he receaved no instructions on how to fit the item to look how it actually did, if i recal HE asked a bodyshop repair (little knocks) place for advice on ways to get the thing to fit. DJ have you seen a replica spoiler held up against a bootlid, or is this another one of your one man band fit-a-thon crusade. they way the spoiler is fitted gives IMO the chance for the reflections along the bottom section to become visible "dents" because the spoiler is being pulled down against its will, weather or not you can see them in his, remains to be seen, you can see them perfectly clear on my mates car.
Littleknocks - excellent suggestion - worked a treat

Dents - lmfao

Last edited by Bottomfeeder; 06 May 2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04 May 2005, 07:08 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

Bottomfeeder