Styling Exterior styling

Wanted -Turbo Bonnet Central Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2004, 11:51 AM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted -Turbo Bonnet Central Scoops

I have been pestered by some of my customers for a while now to make some standard and enlarged central bonnet scoops (in addition to the mini skoops). My manufacturer is having a bit of a quiet perioed at the moment and I have finally persuaded him to make some for me, but he requires some donor scoops (one MY93-my96, one my97-00, and any post MY00 scoops that anyone may have). The scoops will be made in both glassfibre and carbonfibre, and any donor will be given a scoop of their choice for free.

Anyone who has a scoop they want to sell cheap or lend to me please contact me via e-mail or pm

Thanks

Stuart
Old 24 June 2004, 07:24 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

btt
Old 25 June 2004, 12:31 PM
spender
Scooby Regular

How long will you need the scoop for?
Will it come back undamaged (altho, not that important if one is getting free replacement)
I have a my93 WRX that I feel would benefit from a larger scoop (in carbon fibre).
You can borrow it for a while.

Spender
Old 25 June 2004, 01:05 PM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

I've got a MY99 Forester which I think has the same scoop as the Impreza - I'd quite like a free carbon one
Old 25 June 2004, 02:22 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Anyone know if the forester one is the same as a Impreza, personally I think not, but I may be wrong. Would hate to get it sent down and then find its different. On the other hand, if it is different, how many people would want a Forester scoop enlarged?

Spender, sorry mate, already got a MY93-96 scoop promised
Old 26 June 2004, 08:24 PM
PALATINE
Scooby Regular

Location: back from, and now plotting to return to, Nordschleife

depends on how much a forester one would be?
Old 28 June 2004, 09:52 AM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PALATINE
depends on how much a forester one would be?
Sorry, no idea on prices yet, need to see how complicated the moulds are, how much material etc. Should have an idea in the next week or two.
Old 28 June 2004, 09:53 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep us posted Stuart.

I have wanted a slightly larger carbon scoop for my MY00 for ages but have not been able to find one I really like.............yet.
Old 30 June 2004, 09:51 AM
:eek:
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stuart Knight
I have been pestered by some of my customers for a while now to make some standard and enlarged central bonnet scoops (in addition to the mini skoops). My manufacturer is having a bit of a quiet perioed at the moment and I have finally persuaded him to make some for me, but he requires some donor scoops (one MY93-my96, one my97-00, and any post MY00 scoops that anyone may have). The scoops will be made in both glassfibre and carbonfibre, and any donor will be given a scoop of their choice for free.

Anyone who has a scoop they want to sell cheap or lend to me please contact me via e-mail or pm

Thanks

Stuart
I have an MY00 that is off the road for 6 months, happy to donate mine
Old 30 June 2004, 11:35 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Stuart

I have a spare MY02 bugeye WRX scoop you could borrow. I assume it will come back undamaged

........................and can i have an STi MY02 bugeye scoop in Carbon fibre as my choice

I have the STi MY02 bugeye scoop on the car. If you can gaurentee no damage will occur, you can borrow that aswell but only after the WRX one is returned, so i can use it on the car whilst you have the STi one

Pete
Old 30 June 2004, 08:32 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Pete, thanks for the offer, up to my eyes in at the mo gotta rush out again, I'll try and catch up tomorrow

Cheers

Stuart
Old 01 July 2004, 08:35 AM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

No probs
Old 11 July 2004, 08:03 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

watch out stuart, once you've got them done, milsport might copy them, i've just seen he's copied an ETS mini scoop and the reverse scoop and it looks like hes having a pop at yours as well!

"BEWARE!!!! Similar looking products have no inner scoop at all and some even have them facing the wrong way!

Buy the one that does the job! "

Old 12 July 2004, 12:02 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

I hadn't heard of Millsport before now, but it does look as if they've copied the intercooler and mini scoops from ETS, then added 50% to their prices.

We asked ETS to make products for us last year, and we sell their intercooler and mini scoops because we liked the under tray idea of stopping water, and putting the air directly in front of the induction kit. I really don't see any benefit of putting the air to the side of the filter.

David
Old 13 July 2004, 08:59 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

David / Stuart,

do you do induction scoops that have the reverse underscoop (water stopping) in carbon fibre - ?

Stuart, I've seen the induction scoops on your site, but its not clear if they have the reverse underside...

David, I've seen your bonnets (oo -err ), but would want to fit an induction scoop at the same time, as I've a 57i and FMIC now...

Thanks,

Mark
Old 15 July 2004, 08:42 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

think Milsport's got a sti8 scoop on e-bay but in one picture is the silver one off his web site but in another picture he's got a white scoop which he must be selling that if you compare the two there not the same
Old 15 July 2004, 07:41 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

markwild,

No sorry, don't do the reverse underside, never felt the need, Derek at ETS does those anyway. I do offer the choice of carbon or glassfibre though.
Old 15 July 2004, 07:49 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Stuart,

Thanks - I've no imperical evidence, only opinion I'm afraid - that the reverse avoids 'water contamination' -

Perhaps I should start a poll thread - Have you had water problems with induction kits and scoops ? .....

Cheers,

Mark
Old 22 July 2004, 09:23 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Any progress on these yet?
Old 27 July 2004, 05:02 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

BTTT for an update
Old 27 July 2004, 09:57 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

To everyone involved in knocking me!!
I did not copy ETS racing in the idea of a reverse scoop I merely took the idea and refined it. I did not see the point in having a "reverse scoop" that did little more than send the incoming cold air back towards the headlight, correct me if I'm wrong dummies but thats not where the induction kit is. My scoop diverts the cold air towards the inner wing which, unless my car is unique, is exactly where the induction kit is!!
As for the STi8 style scoop, did not know ETS even made one and could not care less if they do, as I developed my version myself and have sold plenty of them to many many satisfied customers who are very happy with the quality and fit, which these days is a rare thing to find, I'm not saying all products on the market place are dross but there is an awful lot of crap out there, I don't make crap as my customers will agree.
Stuart, you keep asking for central bonnet scoops as I now have a full range of 93>96 STi8 style scoops, 97>2000 STi8 style scoops and 2000>2002 (bugeye) scoops
I dont think I need to copy yours mate as I'm way in front of you anyway.
Lastly, I have never found the need to sell any of my products on E-bay as they sell very well from my website, I also saw the scoop for sale but it was not direct from me, and must have been one that I sold as indeed it looks identical to mine, right down to the picture lifted from my website.
To any of you doubters that still exsist, next time you are at a show that I am attending come and have a look at the products and feel the quality (as they say) you do get what you pay for after all, and to any of the above posters that have not seen or felt my products and guaged for themselves KEEP YOUR NASTY LITTLE SLANDEROUS AND PATHETIC THOUGHTS TO YOURSELVES>

Ralph
Old 28 July 2004, 08:02 PM
oak
Scooby Regular

ralph
i can't understand some of the points your trying to make but i don't think this is how you should react to people on scoobynet posting their opinions
KEEP YOUR NASTY LITTLE SLANDEROUS AND PATHETIC THOUGHTS TO YOURSELVES>
i've can't fault the parts i've seen from SK or ETS,
you say to stuart you've got all these scoops for the 93-96 97-00 and 00-02 but theres nothing on your site, other than the 97-00 and the little mini scoop, could you put a picture of a 02 on here please.

I did not copy ETS racing in the idea of a reverse scoop

the idea of a reverse scoop I merely took the idea and refined it.
Old 28 July 2004, 09:18 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

Oak,

I have had an e-mail from derek at ETS tonight and then this post from you.
Everybody seems to be missing the point. I was not having a go at Stuart or Derek as neither (as far as I am aware) were involved in the thread.
I was having a pop at someone called Warwick-hunt who though I have never met, talked to or chatted with via e-mail seems to be accusing me of nicking everybody's ideas and selling them as my own, this is not the case!!
You say my post is not in the spirit of Scoobynet, do you think Warwick-hunts was?

Ralph
Old 29 July 2004, 02:10 PM
G4Tyrant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Warwick-hunt
watch out stuart, once you've got them done, milsport might copy them, i've just seen he's copied an ETS mini scoop and the reverse scoop and it looks like hes having a pop at yours as well!

"BEWARE!!!! Similar looking products have no inner scoop at all and some even have them facing the wrong way!

Dont want to offend anyone here so please dont take this the wrong way but Ralph from Milsport (who is a top helpfull chappie !) came down yesterday to fit his 'New' STi8 Scoop to my Bugeye ! Does that mean that anybody else who makes an STi8 styley Scoop for a Bugeye from now on is 'Copying or Having a Pop' at Milsports one !! or are ya gonna accuse him of ripping off the Jap Innovations one as well ?

Come on Guys, everybodys in Business to make the Products we want, isnt it a bit childish to start having a moan at people for copying each other ??

Lets be realistic everybody has there own favourite suppliers who they like to deal with and personally i think Ralph (Milsport) is a top chap and his Scoop was worth waiting 4 months for (as thats when we first spoke about doing it) !!

Big thumbs up for Milsport IMHO !

(piccies will be posted at the weekend if anybody's interested ?!)

G4

Last edited by G4Tyrant; 29 July 2004 at 02:16 PM.
Old 29 July 2004, 07:42 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

I was having a pop at someone called Warwick-hunt who though I have never met, talked to or chatted with via e-mail seems to be accusing me of nicking everybody's ideas and selling them as my own, this is not the case!!
i only accused you of copying one scoop, (that was over two weeks ago)
this is stuarts thread about scoops and my original quote from your website still stands, the only mini scoop you've got looks like a dead ringer for a ets one and this

looks like slander, as to me it reads, similar looking products (Stuart Knights) have no inner scoop and some(ETS) have them facing the wrong way,

and why the BEWARE at the start,

stuart i look forward to seeing the carbon scoops as your mini carbon scoops are the mutts
Old 29 July 2004, 09:25 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

Warwick-hunt,
Two weeks ago maybe, but have not been around to read or answer any threads going on.
Piccies lie and in fact the scoop is totally different to dereks, mine has an overhang at the front/top edge(to match the sti8 style scoop) the underscoop faces in an entirely different direction and the sides and back are different as well, there is only so much you can do to something this small and being used for a similar purpose to make it look different.
All is fair in advertising as Carlsberg will tell you (probably the best lager in the world)
Asda,( the cheapest supermarket), BMW, (the best paintjob in the world) because they use Ostrich feathers and so on and so on.
As for your take on slander, what I said is fact, not slander, some dont have an inner scoop and some do face the wrong way.
After speaking to Derek today on the phone he cannot understand what all the fuss is about as everybody is free to make what they want and sell to who they can, as the punters are also free to make their choices.
As far as we are concerned that is the end of this subject and if Stuart cares to call me or someone give me his number we can talk about the subject amicably and close it once and for all!
One last thought, your last sentance say's "Stuart look forward to seeing your carbon scoops as your mini scoops are the mutts"
This could be read as Dereks and mine are crap but as I said earlier everyone is able to make their own choices.

Ralph.
Subject closed.
Old 29 July 2004, 10:04 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

both scoop's look very,very the same, you can say this and that is diferent but it look's the same you can't deny that BUT Quote "i did not copy ets racing in the idea of a reverse scoop i merely took the idea and refined it"
all you done was move it to face inner wing,
G4T, think you've missed the point, there is ONLY 1 STI8 scoop on a 03 which is styled a certain way so if anybody does a copy it's going to look like a sti8 WHOEVER make's it ,the little scoop and the reverse bit IMO look's a copy of ets's
Old 29 July 2004, 11:21 PM
G4Tyrant
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by DJ73
G4T, think you've missed the point, there is ONLY 1 STI8 scoop on a 03 which is styled a certain way so if anybody does a copy it's going to look like a sti8 WHOEVER make's it
DJ73

I think you know the point i was trying to make !

G4
Old 30 July 2004, 06:54 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Personally, I don't think for one minute think that Milsport have copied my scoops. I have spoken to Derek in the past (via e-mail) and we agreed that we have our own markets, and indeed we have refered customers to each other, as he no longer does carbon mini scoops (I believe) and I really like some of his designs. I would get slightly miffed if someone did a direct copy of my skoops, as I paid for the original design to be made, and for moulds to be produced, but if someone does similar designs using the same idea, well, that's life. The customer can decide which one they like and how much they are prepared to pay.

Personally, I don't think you need any sort of inner skoop (obviously) but some people do and some customers want them, which is why I openly refer them to other sites.

I have indeed pointed people to Milsports site as well when I was not producing central scoops, but maybe I won't be doing that much longer !

All's fair in love and war as they say.

People are entitled to their views, and they can air them if they like, but I think you will see on here that the three manufacturers involved really aren't that bothered about it all.

DJ73 point is also very valid, any STi8 "style" scoop that anyone makes will look unsurprisingly like every one else's STi8 scoop!

Last edited by Stuart Knight; 30 July 2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old 30 July 2004, 07:06 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Milsport

Just read back through the entire message and thought I would point out that I never accused you of anything mate .

And I agree that you are ahead of me on the central scoop front, and would re-iterate that I am making them only because my customers are asking for them, I would be mad not to .

Stuart

Quick Reply: Wanted -Turbo Bonnet Central Scoops