Styling Exterior styling

Window Tints just fitted

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 07:01 PM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for info re above, well I have just had my 99 turbo back from getting tinted, well chuffed with the end result! Was a bit worried about the pimp mobile comments but I am glad to say I am v happy. I would highly recommend the guys that carried the work out, they were Tint Haus in Ratho, Edinburgh. These guys carried the work out to an extremely high standard which is hard to find with most bussiness's these days. Anyway thanks for those that posted and helped me make my mind up which tints to go for.
Ricky
Old 09 June 2003, 09:33 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

What % did you go for?

I believe the legal minimum light you have to allow into your car is 35% but from what I've read people who've had it done say its much darker in the car than the sample you view (for obvious reasons - you have all the surrounding car windows blacked as well once you've had it done so it seems realy dark, whereas the sample you look at is in an office on a single piece of glass) and they wish they'd gone for more light..

My wife has booked "her" car in for next Friday and I DONT want to have to wind the windows down every time I get to a junction so I can see if there's an articulated lorry coming!!
Old 09 June 2003, 09:52 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

Must admit it's something I want done to my wagon, they look a little meaner with it, despite the pimp associations (although that aint all bad )
Old 10 June 2003, 06:09 PM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

I went for the medium tint which I believe is the 35% tint, The legal limit I believe is 30%. The law is a bit weird as it states your glass must allow 70% of light through (which my glass does, the film fitted to the glass reduces it!) it then says anything fitted to the windows must not obscure your view, well if you look through mine you can see through it perfectly well at all times of the day, so I don't know how they will successfully prosecute me if stopped. You can see through the 35%tint no problem so go and have it done you will have no probs.
Cheers
Ricky.
Old 11 June 2003, 03:07 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Be Carefull you may attract un-wanted police attention See below

Dean