Notices
Styling Exterior styling

(Aero) Mudflaps for classic scooby (my00)

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2003, 08:01 PM
dlehtihet
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I have searched a lot for "Aero" mudflaps as advertised on Graham Goode (http://www.grahamgoode.com/cgi-bin/page.pl?car=subaru&page=sills.htm) and PerformanceSubaru (http://www.performancesubaru.co.uk/ under Protection->Classic) but feel that the prices are almost ridiculous. Do anyone of you gents know if they are to be found elsewhere (uk, us, europe) and with better prices?

Regards

Daniel
Old 27 May 2003, 12:42 PM
Cord
Scooby Regular

I don't know what make they were but i have seen some fibreglass copies on a car, and they were apparently and absolute nightmare to fit and didn't look that good. I wouldn't have fitted them to my car even if they were free. Definately buy the proper ones.
Old 27 May 2003, 03:05 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have some originals on my car. Luckily I got the FOC (well they were given to me when I bought the car new, so guess I paid for them anyway ).

I remember the mechanic saying that even the originals were a bu**er to fit, but they do look good once they're on.

There are copies available through someone on Scoobynet. Don't know what they are made out of, but I'm sure someone will help.

Expect to pay £200 + painting for originals though.

Stefan
Old 27 May 2003, 09:02 PM
dlehtihet
Scooby Regular

Hi Stefan/Cord,

They are impossible to source in Sweden unfortunately. The price i got from the two uk firms was around 300 UKP + freight (unpainted). Consindering they are "just" 4 pieces of plastic (but good looking plastic ;-)), i'm amazed about the cost. For my needs, replicas would do the trick if i only could find somewhere to buy such..

Kind regards

Daniel