STi spoilers for the wagon

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2003, 09:27 PM
Huffer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

All wagon owners (esp. Miles)!

I've a question about the STi spoilers - exactly how are they fitted on?

Miles can you post some pics of the attachment/bolts etc.

I may have a cheap deal for some STi spoilers but I've looked at the subaru dealer's stuff and the fitment is different.

Cheers!
Old 02 March 2003, 12:54 PM
Irvinek
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Huffer,
Are you still going to be offering STi spoilers for wagons? I have a MY96 and have been looking for the Prodrive type high level for 5-dr. Dealer wanted me to spend £800 (+colour coding) and this included the waist spoler which I don't even need!?
I have recently found an STi type high level big spolier on scoobymania, but interested how much you'd be llokin for?
Old 02 March 2003, 08:08 PM
Huffer
Scooby Regular

Talking

Irvinek - sorry mate, check out my location - I'm not in the UK!
But 800 sounds a bit pricey, even for the UK. I found some FRP copies for NZ $330 (BOTH wings). Direct from Subaru, the STi wings retail in NZ for $350, unpainted, EACH! (Triple that price, that's what you'd pay in the UK)

But if anyone else has info on attaching the wings I'd been keen to see - I've seen 2 diff. ways, metal brackets on the sides, and just straight bolts through the window...
Old 10 March 2003, 06:39 PM
slapshot
Scooby Regular

Do you have pics of these replica wings or a website perhaps? Do they look like the MRT ones as seen at http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/photo/mrt195.jpg ?
Old 12 March 2003, 08:26 PM
Huffer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yes - the wings are similar to the MRT copies. What I'm more concerned about is how the wings are mounted.

I've seen them mounted on actual STi's in a couple of different ways - depending on who's fitted them. Some of the STi replica wings don't have the 2 extra bolts underneath...

It's all a bit fustrating because I know the wing mounts THROUGH the glass (has to, otherwise it's only held on by glue - no thanks!).
Old 10 April 2003, 07:33 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

I'v ebeen looking at these, JW Racing do STi 5 replica spoilers and they mount using the standard mounts (or so I'm told).

I plan to get one, but just had to do repairs due to theives/vandal, so a bit short of cash to buy it at the moment, but otherwise a quite reasonable cost IIRC