Styling Exterior styling

DRM 22b/WRC spolier - Fitting it.

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2002, 10:33 PM
Jonesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just taken delivery of a 22b/WRC wing from DRM and was a bit unsure on fitting it. If anyone has fitted one, have they drilled additional holes along the boot lid, as the instructions say, or have they used double sided tape which David Reid says would suffice. If drilling is required there maybe one brand new replica spoiler up for sale ;-)

Cheers
Neil
Old 13 August 2002, 11:48 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

No need top drill the boot lid!!

Just use some silicon sealent or (if you go to a motor factors) you could use body sealant(bit like putty in a tube. Never goes hard). Only need a bead around the edge
You'll need to seal under the end plates anyway to stop water getting into the boot through the mounting holes!

If your doing the fitting on your own, *TIP* Take the boot lid off!!! (It's only 4 bolts)

Iain.
Old 13 August 2002, 12:38 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Dont drill your boot lid,just use the double sided tape which you can get from any decent motor factors.Remember do a dry run of the fitting first (without the tape on)just so you know you can position it correctly first time.Once the tape is on you have got to get it correct first time as it sticks instantly and is a complete if not impossible bitch to move once it's on, without causing damage to the spoiler.

Zippy

[Edited by ZIPPY - 8/13/2002 12:39:34 PM]
Old 14 August 2002, 08:34 AM
michael_clarkson
Scooby Regular

What was the quality like of the spoiler & paint finish. I've seen lots of comments both good and bad about the quality & finsh of the DRM spoilers.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 15 August 2002, 09:07 PM
Jonesy
Scooby Regular

The quality of the paint finish is fine as is the spoiler itself. What grates with me is that my cheque was cashed at the beginning of July and I've only just received the spoiler and even then the parts were not all there and I'm still waiting........

[Edited by Jonesy - 8/15/2002 9:09:12 PM]
Old 15 August 2002, 09:53 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Sounds like good small business cashflow management IMHO!!

However, agree that you should have recieved all the bits at once.

Den
Old 16 August 2002, 10:07 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I bought mine and it took several weeks to get the spoiler!(not all DRM's fault).
Then it turned upit was a MY01 spoiler (just as well I hadn't painted it)

I rang David and some more parts were sent. Still no good.
So I rang David again and he sent the rest of the spoiler.
I now had 2 spoilers and no car as it was in the garage for an engine re-build.
All in all it took 6 weeks to get the spoiler and after 2 weeks I got an E mail from DRM telling me they were going to charge me for the MY01 spoiler because I hadn't sent it back!!!!!

Apart from the fact that the spoiler was yet to be fitted to the car, and aftyer all the problems I was going to make sure it was perfect before sending anything back!!! How do you get a 6 foot long box to the Post office with out a car??

David was very help full though his shipping arangements need attention.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Both spoilers were of a good finish, though I had mine painted privatly with a load of other bits

It was worth the hassle in the end as it does look good and is a bit different to everyone else

Iain.