The 2012-2013 Arsenal thread

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2012, 09:43 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking The 2012-2013 Arsenal thread

I thought i'd start the thread for somewhere for me to whinge to myself

Well now RVP is gone we can look foward to mid table mediocrity with no big signings to come.

Last week Wenger said RVP was going no where, the French w4nker is just a bare faced liar and far too many fans still think the sun shines out of his **** instead of opening their eyes and waking up to the reality of how **** we are and what a liar our manager is, he was the same last year with Fabregas and Nasri.

My other pastime will be to guess who we will sell next Summer, if Wilshere comes back and has a good one then I reckon it will be him to go next to Barca - if they don't get Song first that is.

I didn't think I could feel more deflated at the start of the season as I did last season but I was wrong.

Until David Dein comes back the club is fcuked under Gazidis.
Old 15 August 2012, 09:53 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He'd have fooked off next year anyways so it's really only a year without him + there is now £24m in the Bank. Some good signings made over the Summer though? Room for optimism (sp?)

TX.
Old 15 August 2012, 10:08 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

What is this word optimism?

Not a chance, the new signings haven't got a clue about playing in the Premiership and so I don't expect them to immediately make an impact and I fully expect them to get injured and leave us woefully exposed due to lack of squad depth as usual.

I'll eat my hat if Wenger spends that £24m on a big name signing.
Old 16 August 2012, 01:24 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Even though they sold him to united, I kinda still feel for you, that's some random **** !

You've got to admire the amount of money he got for RVP and Nasri.

I only found out today that Nasri shock hands with Ferguson agreed to sign, then City came in with mega wages and he jumped ship!
Old 16 August 2012, 03:44 AM
mikeywilliams
Scooby Regular

the mid-table bollocks was spouted last year when we lost nasri and we still finished 3rd, have a little faith!! (in the players at least, as wenger loosing the plot lol)
Old 16 August 2012, 09:28 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mikeywilliams
the mid-table bollocks was spouted last year when we lost nasri and we still finished 3rd, have a little faith!! (in the players at least, as wenger loosing the plot lol)
So selling all our best players to the top two teams in the Premiership is good business strategy is it and great for Arsenal football club? That's going to win us trophies is it?

No it isn't, what it is good for is lining the boards pockets. They are only interested in two objectives:

* Champions League qualification and reaching the knock out stages
* buying players cheaply and selling them on for a profit when they hit the top of their game.

There is no investment to actually win trophies, only to buy the minimum to achieve the above. £11m on Podolski, that seems to be about the limit they will pay for a player now. What a joke.

I don't blame RVP for leaving however I do blame Gazidis and Wenger for being ***ts and not spending money on top players causing RVP to leave.

Oh and read this, more proof of what a compulsive liar Wenger is:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-had-no-choice

He stated that when he bought Giroud and Podolski they were to play along side RVP, now he says they were bought to replace him. They had every intention of selling RVP and cashing in on his success last season.

When they sold Adebeyor after his only good season Wenger said then they are a selling club and have to sell at least one top name a season. Well that is what they have done and planned it all along, Adebeyor, Nasri, Fabregas, Toure, Clichy and now RVP. And it will continue so who will it be next season? Although they are running out of top players as they've sold them all so unless someone in the squad has a blinding season they won't have anyone to sell for big money next season

I am not happy with coming 3rd as you might be, it might as well be mid table as I am only interested in seeing us win the Premiership like we did when we had a World class squad before Wenger destroyed it. You know the squad with Vieira, Begkamp, Henry, Pires, Toure, Cole and Gilberto et all. Remember those days? It seems many 'fans' don't want to.

And don't think i'm alone in thinking the above:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ard-under-fire

The owners of Red and White Holdings pretty much seem to have exactly the same feelings about it as I do which is why I wish they could get rid of Kroenke, the entire board and take the club forward themselves under David Dein's rule.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 16 August 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 16 August 2012, 04:08 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

3rd is as good as it will get though unless club is bought up by a billionaire?! Look at what the top 2 spend &/or pay their huge squads.

TX.
Old 16 August 2012, 04:59 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

I am confident of an improvement from last season. I would be more unhappy if RVP had stayed. At least now the, "fatman and robin" line can be used copiously

The new signings, although unproven, look great to me. I can't wait to see Cazorla in action.

Arsenal have always had 30ish a season strikers, from Ian Wright, Anelka, Henry, Adebayor, then RVP. They all made their names at Arsenal, I'm confident Podolski will also.
Old 16 August 2012, 05:02 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
3rd is as good as it will get though unless club is bought up by a billionaire?! Look at what the top 2 spend &/or pay their huge squads.

TX.
We have more billionaire owners than the rest as we have 2! Both Kroenke and Usmanov are multi billionaires.
Old 16 August 2012, 05:07 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI
I am confident of an improvement from last season. I would be more unhappy if RVP had stayed. At least now the, "fatman and robin" line can be used copiously

The new signings, although unproven, look great to me. I can't wait to see Cazorla in action.

Arsenal have always had 30ish a season strikers, from Ian Wright, Anelka, Henry, Adebayor, then RVP. They all made their names at Arsenal, I'm confident Podolski will also.
You think they can settle in and do that in their first season? I hope they do but on past signings the first season on the Premiership has always been difficult for them as it's a shock compared to the leagues they have come from. Plus we only have Podolski and Giroud as strikers, if one of those are injured we are left woefully short with cr4p such as Chamahk.
Old 16 August 2012, 09:07 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
So selling all our best players to the top two teams in the Premiership is good business strategy is it and great for Arsenal football club? That's going to win us trophies is it?

No it isn't, what it is good for is lining the boards pockets. They are only interested in two objectives:

* Champions League qualification and reaching the knock out stages
* buying players cheaply and selling them on for a profit when they hit the top of their game.

There is no investment to actually win trophies, only to buy the minimum to achieve the above. £11m on Podolski, that seems to be about the limit they will pay for a player now. What a joke.

I don't blame RVP for leaving however I do blame Gazidis and Wenger for being ***ts and not spending money on top players causing RVP to leave.

Oh and read this, more proof of what a compulsive liar Wenger is:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-had-no-choice

He stated that when he bought Giroud and Podolski they were to play along side RVP, now he says they were bought to replace him. They had every intention of selling RVP and cashing in on his success last season.

When they sold Adebeyor after his only good season Wenger said then they are a selling club and have to sell at least one top name a season. Well that is what they have done and planned it all along, Adebeyor, Nasri, Fabregas, Toure, Clichy and now RVP. And it will continue so who will it be next season? Although they are running out of top players as they've sold them all so unless someone in the squad has a blinding season they won't have anyone to sell for big money next season

I am not happy with coming 3rd as you might be, it might as well be mid table as I am only interested in seeing us win the Premiership like we did when we had a World class squad before Wenger destroyed it. You know the squad with Vieira, Begkamp, Henry, Pires, Toure, Cole and Gilberto et all. Remember those days? It seems many 'fans' don't want to.

And don't think i'm alone in thinking the above:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ard-under-fire

The owners of Red and White Holdings pretty much seem to have exactly the same feelings about it as I do which is why I wish they could get rid of Kroenke, the entire board and take the club forward themselves under David Dein's rule.
Arsenal will do well to finish in the top 6 never mind 3rd.

The rest of your post is spot on.

Unfortunately.

ps Hi Funkii - you still here
Old 17 August 2012, 03:14 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Where else would I be CFH
Old 17 August 2012, 03:16 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Where else would I be CFH
That's so 2009 - it's CFTE nowadays .

Hope RVP lasts a couple of seasons for you
Old 17 August 2012, 03:17 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

You need to get your **** in here more often this season
Old 17 August 2012, 03:58 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Apparently Song is off now too to Barca. The season looks better and better and it hasn't started yet He has said this week he is happy at Arsenal but looks like the board can't resist getting some more cash for another one of our best and experienced players so he is to be sold.

Arsenal, once a great club competing for trophies but now just a feeder club for Europe's best teams

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 17 August 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 18 August 2012, 05:15 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

A cracking start to the season, a 0-0 draw with Sunderland whilst at the same time confirming the sale of Song to Barca. I really hope the fans at games turn on Wenger and the board this season.

Also how come Barca think he is only worth 19m euros to buy but as soon as he signs his buy out clause is 80m euros??? Do Arsenal like selling players on the cheap because that's what it seems like to me.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 18 August 2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 19 August 2012, 10:19 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Have Arsenal now become a feeder club for their rivals ?
Old 19 August 2012, 10:45 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

We have more billionaire owners than the rest as we have 2! Both Kroenke and Usmanov are multi billionaires.
They don't actually own the club though do they ie they just own some shares? Plus they don't put up their own money to buy players etc either?

TX.
Old 19 August 2012, 11:46 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
They don't actually own the club though do they ie they just own some shares? Plus they don't put up their own money to buy players etc either?

TX.
Between the pair of them they own the club although Kroenke is the controlling stake holder as he has 67% or whatever it is. I think Usmanov has 30% or just over and the rest is owned by private stakeholders not willing to sell. Kroenke was forced to attempt a buy out of the club once he reached a certain percentage of shares but Usmanov refused to sell his shares and an agreement was reached by the pair of them.

As owners i.e. majority stakeholders of the club then yes they can and should put their own money into the club as they own it. However Kroenke as the major shareholder is only interested in taking money out of the club and not putting any in. Usmanov represents Red and White Holdings along with another billionaire (so in theory we have 3!) who if they owned the club as in all the shares would invest heavily in players however whilst Kroenke and the ***** who are currently on the board are still in place they won't do so. Gazidis has even told them their money is not welcome anyway FFS.

David Dein works for Usmanov and Red and White Holdings and it's this that Gazidis doesn't like. Dein left Arsenal after a huge row with the board about the direction the club was taking. Dein is a firm believer is investing in players which is contrary to the board's beliefs. Hence we need the board and Kroenke to **** off and Red and White Holdings to be the out and out owners with Dein back at the helm. Only then will the club move forward.

Edit: I was slightly out with my figures - Kroenke owns a tad under 67% and Usmanov a tad under 30%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_of_Arsenal_F.C.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 19 August 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 19 August 2012, 12:10 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

http://www.arsenaltrust.org/news/201...idis-qa-report

What I would give to be at the next questions and answers meeting and have my say

I think I might write to the board and challenge them to answer my very strong beliefs as to where I think they are taking the club and how they can defend their stance of it not being that way at all, even though sales of players and results on the pitch favour my opinions being correct. I have really got that fcuked off and feel that strongly about the club I'd love to sit down with Gazidis and Wenger and get them to defend their policies and the cr4p they talk saying one thing when really they are doing another.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 19 August 2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 19 August 2012, 01:25 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

i tip my hat to Arsenal

selling RVP for a huge amount of money at the right time, he sill spend more time injured than playing huge waste of money for united imho.

one season wonder
Old 19 August 2012, 01:28 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

two season wonder, he was very good in 2010-11 also
Old 28 August 2012, 10:45 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Apparently Walcott is now refusing a contract extension and so he could be the next to leave. That saying no player is bigger than the club is going to run out at Arsenal when there aren't any players left
Old 29 August 2012, 09:02 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Apparently Walcott is now refusing a contract extension and so he could be the next to leave. That saying no player is bigger than the club is going to run out at Arsenal when there aren't any players left
Read this morning on BBC News that his un-willingness to negotiate will see him sold in this window.

There's always next year !
Old 29 August 2012, 11:15 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

There's always the reserve team, in fact Arsenal Ladies team are far more successfull so time to start following them i think
Old 29 August 2012, 11:41 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

There's always the reserve team, in fact Arsenal Ladies team are far more successfull so time to start following them i think
Might come to that
Old 31 August 2012, 02:47 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Transfer deadline day and it's at Arsenal as usual. Gutted Bendtner hasn't been got rid of yet, could there really be such thing as a miracle and he goes before midnight
Old 31 August 2012, 07:18 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Just found out we are supposed to be trying to sign Michael Essien. Has he still got any legs left in him, I thought he was past it now Bendtner has only gone on loan to Juventus Will we ever get rid of him???

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 31 August 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 25 September 2012, 11:06 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ot-about-money

FFS play him as a striker, i've been saying that for the last 2+ years. Not surprised he won't sign a new contract if it means continually being played out of position.
Old 27 September 2012, 10:58 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I went to the game last night and Walcott played superbly, his second goal was even Henry'esque! An amazing night and took this whilst there:

Wenger get his bloody contract renewed and play him through the middle! Also Arshavin being played as the playmaker really came to life and was all over the pitch creating chances. Was really impressed with the '2nd string' line up last night. With Giroud, Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain and Arshavin making up the front 4 they made very good claims for playing regularly in the 1st team which none of them have so far this season.

And lol at the couple of Coventry City lads who streaked (only down to their boxers thankfully) across the pitch, the stewards were useless trying to catch them and the stadium erupted while the chase ensued

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 27 September 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: The 2012-2013 Arsenal thread