Sport General sport discussion

Richer than man city!

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2012, 11:45 PM
scooby red
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richer than man city!

Forest are in the process of being taken over by the al-hasawi family. The wealthy Kuwaitis are allegedly richer than the man city owners. Should be pleased really but keep thinking of the likes of pompey etc hope its not doomed
Old 01 July 2012, 09:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Would be interesting to see Forest back up there, but at the moment, won't they be shackled by the 65% rule?
Old 01 July 2012, 10:10 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Not if they go up jeff and they're plenty of loopholes like £10million ball sponsorship

As a forest fan I'm finding infuriating when other fans come out with 'richer than city' because they're not, so don't expect millions and milliOns to be splashed as it won't happen!

The possible new owners have already said they're In it for the long
Haul so not looking for a quick return.
Old 01 July 2012, 10:12 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I cant see Millions being chucked around either. Look at QPR, plenty of money but you cant attract top footballers without some level of success in the first place.
Old 01 July 2012, 10:17 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I cant see Millions being chucked around either. Look at QPR, plenty of money but you cant attract top footballers without some level of success in the first place.
I'm just pleased now the money is there to keep the good players with competitive contracts as there was no money before
Old 02 July 2012, 05:18 AM
scooby red
Scooby Regular

Exactly I agree. Funds enabling us to keep our better players that contracts are due to expire will be good progression. The op was only supposed to be thought provoking.
Originally Posted by Ant
I'm just pleased now the money is there to keep the good players with competitive contracts as there was no money before
Old 02 July 2012, 05:23 AM
scooby red
Scooby Regular

Ps im also an ardent forest fan. Positive news don't happen often at the city ground. Would be pleased if they gave the place a lick of paint tbh as its looking tatty in places. Anything else is a bonus, oh Yeh and buy a left back.
Old 02 July 2012, 07:34 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

The metal around the ground needs a lick of paint rust doesn't have quite the same effect as red like it used to be, I've heard chambers ,Anderson are off on their travels.

We had a lb and they got rid....jules!
Old 10 July 2012, 08:30 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

It's now official boom!!!
Old 18 July 2012, 09:22 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Shame we have no senior defenders left.

The favourite two for the managers job, both turned it down. Too be honest, I don't know why there was all the fuss about McCarthy. Redknap, I could understand. As far as the fans are concerned, most would be happy with Billy coming back, though the talk is now that Hoddle is favourite, with rumours that Sven was seen leaving the CG yesterday. Both bad choices as far as I'm concerned.

Forest will need more money than Manchester City as we need to buy almost a full squad. And that's after getting a manager. Care to remember how Leicester got on last year in a similar senario? Their manager was Sven. He couldn't even get County promoted.

Hoddle is a bit wierd and comes out with strange comments. Would the new owners want him if he could say something offensive? Especially if they want players from the middle east to receive trials.

Darren Fergusson? Is he just riding in daddies coat tails? I'd hardly use "iconic" as a description of him.

In terms of 'iconic' for the fans, we'd be looking at some of our old players. Pearce? Olympics is in the way and he wouldn't be able to start in time. Keane? Would probably get the support of the fans. Clough? Snr, not Jr please. O'Neil - that's a name which no-one seems to have mentioned yet. Iconic in his days at Forest, means a lotto the fans. Billy Davis, still has unfinished business, maybe not iconic, but knows the club, the championship and took an underfunded team to the play-offs twice.

I just hope they don't go for an ex-England manager.

In terms of players, who do we have left and be match fit and gelling with the other players?

Who will sign in the short period of time we have?

I'm not excited about this takeover, I'm actually worried. I'd have hoped that the new owners would have had a manager in place before booting Cotterill.

My mate had £5 on Forest to win the championship at 20/1. I just hope he wins that bet.
Old 18 July 2012, 01:41 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Shame we have no senior defenders left.

The favourite two for the managers job, both turned it down. Too be honest, I don't know why there was all the fuss about McCarthy. Redknap, I could understand. As far as the fans are concerned, most would be happy with Billy coming back, though the talk is now that Hoddle is favourite, with rumours that Sven was seen leaving the CG yesterday. Both bad choices as far as I'm concerned.

Forest will need more money than Manchester City as we need to buy almost a full squad. And that's after getting a manager. Care to remember how Leicester got on last year in a similar senario? Their manager was Sven. He couldn't even get County promoted.

Hoddle is a bit wierd and comes out with strange comments. Would the new owners want him if he could say something offensive? Especially if they want players from the middle east to receive trials.

Darren Fergusson? Is he just riding in daddies coat tails? I'd hardly use "iconic" as a description of him.

In terms of 'iconic' for the fans, we'd be looking at some of our old players. Pearce? Olympics is in the way and he wouldn't be able to start in time. Keane? Would probably get the support of the fans. Clough? Snr, not Jr please. O'Neil - that's a name which no-one seems to have mentioned yet. Iconic in his days at Forest, means a lotto the fans. Billy Davis, still has unfinished business, maybe not iconic, but knows the club, the championship and took an underfunded team to the play-offs twice.

I just hope they don't go for an ex-England manager.

In terms of players, who do we have left and be match fit and gelling with the other players?

Who will sign in the short period of time we have?

I'm not excited about this takeover, I'm actually worried. I'd have hoped that the new owners would have had a manager in place before booting Cotterill.

My mate had £5 on Forest to win the championship at 20/1. I just hope he wins that bet.
But aren't rich owners only allowed to invest £6m into their clubs in the championship next season?
Old 18 July 2012, 02:03 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

If that is the case, we're screwed.
Old 18 July 2012, 02:09 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

If that is the case, we're screwed.
Have a read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566

Aaron
Old 18 July 2012, 07:45 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

right firstly ffp, is coming into effect but there's loopholes from what i can gather. i.e ball sponsorship can be something like £10million....

Our best choice for me was Mick Mcarthy he had vast championship knowledge witha proven record of getting promoted, what doesn't sit wel with me is that he's turned it down.

Which tells me the owners want more control then they are letting on, bringing these trialists in is a good example and possibly putting pressure on the coach to sign these players.

Our back 4 is shot and we have to start again, higginbottom and elokobi would be my preferred signing to fill 2 of the slots.also making higginbottom captain as he fitted that role perfectly whilst on loan with us.

I'm hoping things pan out quickly and effectively.

who i would like to see as manager is curbishley but also for a fairy tale return and win promotion id like to see what billy can do with money!!
Old 18 July 2012, 08:02 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I'm still waiting for the announcement which was due within 48 hours of McCarthy turning it down. I think it's 50 hours and counting at present.
Old 18 July 2012, 08:04 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
right firstly ffp, is coming into effect but there's loopholes from what i can gather. i.e ball sponsorship can be something like £10million....

Our best choice for me was Mick Mcarthy he had vast championship knowledge witha proven record of getting promoted, what doesn't sit wel with me is that he's turned it down.

Which tells me the owners want more control then they are letting on, bringing these trialists in is a good example and possibly putting pressure on the coach to sign these players.

Our back 4 is shot and we have to start again, higginbottom and elokobi would be my preferred signing to fill 2 of the slots.also making higginbottom captain as he fitted that role perfectly whilst on loan with us.

I'm hoping things pan out quickly and effectively.

who i would like to see as manager is curbishley but also for a fairy tale return and win promotion id like to see what billy can do with money!!
There isn't loopholes like that

They've thought of that as quite simply all the rich owners would just sponsor themselves the way you stated, so why not £500m for ball sponsorship

If it's anything like the FFPL the rest of Europe have to follow, then any sponsorship deals will be looked at against historical deals and present ones to make sure things like that don't happen.

Aaron
Old 18 July 2012, 08:22 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'm still waiting for the announcement which was due within 48 hours of McCarthy turning it down. I think it's 50 hours and counting at present.
apparently tomorrow , take that with a pinch os salt though
Old 18 July 2012, 08:25 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
There isn't loopholes like that

They've thought of that as quite simply all the rich owners would just sponsor themselves the way you stated, so why not £500m for ball sponsorship

If it's anything like the FFPL the rest of Europe have to follow, then any sponsorship deals will be looked at against historical deals and present ones to make sure things like that don't happen.

Aaron
but the fines arent enough to put people off , look at the qpr thing if they had got done. £25m loss £3m fine , thats nothing if you've just got promoted
Old 19 July 2012, 10:00 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

From wanting Harry Redknapp to getting Sean O'Driscoll.
Old 20 July 2012, 11:03 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'm happy with that, he was key for us doing well last year.

If he can get his own coachIng team in, we'll do well.
Old 20 July 2012, 11:18 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

S O'D is a good manager: took Donny Rovers up well past their median point.
Old 20 July 2012, 02:19 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

How many games did he manage Crawley for
Old 20 July 2012, 02:20 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Ant

If he can get his own coachIng team in, we'll do well.
I heard he wants Coppell with him
Old 24 July 2012, 07:21 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
How many games did he manage Crawley for
Crawley didn't concede any goals while he was manager

So far we've signed Adlene Gudeoeoroeoeoororiroiroriia or whatever his name.

Darth Bader is training with us and scored against Hucknall Town. To be honest, that's hardly an achievement.

Rumours are circulating that we'll be getting Kelvin Wilson back.

The fans on the Forest Forum are getting excited about Khaled 'The Cat' Al-Rashidi.
Old 24 July 2012, 07:31 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
I don't count barely avoiding relegation as "doing well".
Old 24 July 2012, 09:34 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Listening to Danny Kelly on TS last night it was mentioned that the players wanted Sean O'Driscoll back and encouraged the owners to go for him.
Old 25 July 2012, 01:37 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

They had to get someone after everyone else turned it down! May as well be someone the players like.