Sport General sport discussion

CHELSKI Oh lord

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2009, 09:12 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CHELSKI Oh lord

Hats off to Chelski, so far in the tie with Barca. They have shut Barca right out. Now im far from being a Chelski fan, but so far they have done exactly what it says on the tin. I really hope they actually do try and play some football at some stage though.
Old 28 April 2009, 09:41 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

After watcing this whole match, and i really want an english (if there is such a thing) side to win. Chelski are worse now for bringing football into the depths of un-watchable-ness (its in the cheap oxford dic) than under moriniho. Come on chelski play some kind of football any kind, anything at all, Hopefully the return leg will be better.

Last edited by webby v7 slipperwagon; 28 April 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 28 April 2009, 09:55 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad I'm not alone, that was dire football from both sides, Prima Donnas vs Prima Donnas, not helped by another poor ref and constant rolling about trying to get each other booked, Ref booked Toro for wavining the imaginary yellow and then does nothing 2 minutes later when Alves does the same thing.

Credit to Chelsea they did a job but what a boring match, Guss Hiddink must have been bull****ing when he said it was going to be a classy match.

Hopefully better tonight and I'll stand by my comment yesterday whoever wins the Man U **** tie will win the ECL.
Old 28 April 2009, 10:03 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

That makes the end of my SIXTH hour of footy on TV, all without a goal.

Chelsea were awful, boring, bringing the whole game into disrepute.

Why, oh why do the commentators LOVE Terry? First half he nearly gives away a goal with a mistake, in the second half the commentator talks about him being a tower of strength who never puts a foot wrong

And why the fek is Petra Setch, or whatever the tw@ calls himself, still wearing a bonnet for playing in? Have we another Edgar Davids here?
Old 28 April 2009, 10:16 PM
ryan_fong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
That makes the end of my SIXTH hour of footy on TV, all without a goal.

Chelsea were awful, boring, bringing the whole game into disrepute.

Why, oh why do the commentators LOVE Terry? First half he nearly gives away a goal with a mistake, in the second half the commentator talks about him being a tower of strength who never puts a foot wrong

And why the fek is Petra Setch, or whatever the tw@ calls himself, still wearing a bonnet for playing in? Have we another Edgar Davids here?
Wait until you have such a horrible accident like Cech had. If you dunno what he's been through then please shut the **** up.
Old 28 April 2009, 10:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Well done Chelsea. First step to the final. Onus is on Barca to beat them at home. Now Chelsea have to do that at their place. The lack of away goal makes it a task which can certainly be done but means they cant afford a mistake. United did it the same way last year.
Old 28 April 2009, 10:58 PM
evilpob
Scooby Regular

i wanted a goal just to make the return leg more exciting.. but i suppose both sides have to score now so penalties anyone!!?

will it be the same between Arsenal v Man U
Old 28 April 2009, 11:27 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Great comment from Australian TV (British commentator)

Marquez lying injured on the ptch

"Marquez down and looking in some pain, it's not been a good week for the Mexicans healthwise"
Old 29 April 2009, 05:45 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Did a job, but not impressed with the "tactics"? thought they should have had a go . Cech seemed to just punt it into their penalty area each time he had the ball!

Barca impressive going forward, and they can score at The Bridge, but game on!
Old 29 April 2009, 05:49 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Well spanayanals, or whatever you call yourself , he received a cracked skull in a game against Reading a couple of seasons ago.

Davids wore glasses! maybe you should
Old 29 April 2009, 08:51 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Well spanayanals, or whatever you call yourself , he received a cracked skull in a game against Reading a couple of seasons ago.

Davids wore glasses! maybe you should
My point exactly: a couple of seasons ago? Andf it's not healed up yet? Give over.

Davids wore glasses for an eye infection, then convinced the powers that be that he needed them even though the infection had gone, because he was so used to them..........the fact that they had big advertsiing logos on had nowt to do with it then?

Prima donnas................
Old 29 April 2009, 09:21 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

My point exactly: a couple of seasons ago? Andf it's not healed up yet? Give over.

Davids wore glasses for an eye infection, then convinced the powers that be that he needed them even though the infection had gone, because he was so used to them..........the fact that they had big advertsiing logos on had nowt to do with it then?

Touche'

Even though i want english teams in the final, i dont think we need another PANTS man-u v's chelski again. Chelski really showed no ambition at all, but they play like that in the prem, so what's to be expected. Its ashame because they have got the players to do it. That Alves is a disgrace, and should have gone for his play acting along with Drogba, WTF is it with him, he's got all that talent and still cant stop fannying around.

Also i think Man-u have got a hold over chelski. And Chelski have got the hold over Arsenal, so a Barca v's Arsenal Final would be the best for all, if you like footy that is.
Old 29 April 2009, 09:55 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

He wears it in case it happens again. I know I would be wearing one if I'd had a fractured skull.
Old 29 April 2009, 09:57 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

To be honest, you can not blame Chelsea for the game last night. It had its moments and it was far from the classic that they were expecting but come on. Thats exactly as a manager should be expected to go out and stop Barca from doing their job. Very well done to Chelsea last night, impressed with them, shame Drogba didnt clinch that goal when he had the one on one, that would have really opened the second tie up.

Anyone want to moan at Chelsea for their boring style, are you forgetting the classic Quarter Final you witnessed a few weeks back? You cant just go to the Nou Camp and hope to play inspirational football to an audience because you'll be ripped apart as easily as you can pass the ball yourself.

Perfect tactics from Hiddink and good luck back home
Old 29 April 2009, 10:01 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

I congratulate Chelsea on a "job" well done. They could have gone at it hell for leather and been 4-0 down at half-time and the tie over just like Bayern. Unlike the now departed Klinsmann, Hiddink's not that naive. Of course they'll need to do more at Stamford Bridge, but if they win then they're through and deservedly so.

I think it's an even more creditable performance when you consider that Chelsea played the entire match with only 10 players against the 12 of Barcelona! When did Malouda sign for Barcelona? It must have been just before kick-off, because they didn't have time to get him a Barca shirt for the night. Despite still wearing his Chelsea shirt, he put in a good performance for Barca though on his debut! His passing straight to other Barcelona players was spot-on and he managed to foil nearly all of the Chelsea attacks by losing control or simply kicking it straight out for a goal-kick.

Is it just me or is Malouda really sh!te? He's been there two seasons now and is a pi$$-poor replacement for Robben. I think they should just get rid of him to Newcastle or Man City and buy Ribery from Bayern.

Malouda:
Chelsea: 5 goals from 47 games
France: 3 goals from 44 games

Robben:
Chelsea: 21 goals from 67 games
Holland: 10 goals from 37 games

Ribery:
Bayern: 18 goals from 48 games
France: 7 goals from 36 games

Who's the donkey?

Last edited by Turbo2; 29 April 2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Stats added to prove my point!
Old 29 April 2009, 10:03 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

p.s. Edgar Davids suffers from Glaucoma, there is no cure for Glaucoma and wore the glasses for that reason. Go look it up.

Cech also wears his padding because of the dangers he worries about after his last major scare. Cant believe you would diss both the footballers for their problems.
Old 29 April 2009, 10:05 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Ribery would be a great buy for any of the top clubs IMO. Malouda had a poor start at Chelsea, he has improved no end in the latter part of this season though, although last night was poor. Think he had alot less time on the ball than hes used to which probably put more pressure on him. Still, at that level you'd think he could handle it wouldnt you.
Old 29 April 2009, 10:26 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

didnt watch the game but by all accounts it was boring. Thing is chelsea got their tactics spot on in not conceeding, means barca will attack more like liverpool the other week which obviously gives chelsea more space up front. Downside for chelsea though is that they didnt score so personally I think it is tipped slightly in barcas favour as they have so many match winners.

I dont support chelsea (Liverpool)
Old 29 April 2009, 10:28 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Ribery would be a great buy for any of the top clubs IMO. .
be good to see him ply his trade in the prem (preferably for Liverpool )
Old 29 April 2009, 10:52 AM
ryan_fong
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Touche'

Even though i want english teams in the final, i dont think we need another PANTS man-u v's chelski again. Chelski really showed no ambition at all, but they play like that in the prem, so what's to be expected. Its ashame because they have got the players to do it. That Alves is a disgrace, and should have gone for his play acting along with Drogba, WTF is it with him, he's got all that talent and still cant stop fannying around.

Also i think Man-u have got a hold over chelski. And Chelski have got the hold over Arsenal, so a Barca v's Arsenal Final would be the best for all, if you like footy that is.
If you haven't watched any Chelsea's matches in Premier League then please don't leave a comment especially something not true. If you have, then you are either blind or talking totally shamelessly biased shyt.

Last edited by ryan_fong; 29 April 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 29 April 2009, 11:08 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

p.s. Edgar Davids suffers from Glaucoma, there is no cure for Glaucoma and wore the glasses for that reason. Go look it up.

Cech also wears his padding because of the dangers he worries about after his last major scare. Cant believe you would diss both the footballers for their problems.
Glaucoma? don't make me laugh Dave, I have glaucoma and it DOES NOT make you have to wear tinted glasses. You control it with drops. End of.

And I'm dissing no-one for their so-called problems, but for their prima donna attitude.
Old 29 April 2009, 11:13 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Glaucoma? don't make me laugh Dave, I have glaucoma and it DOES NOT make you have to wear tinted glasses. You control it with drops. End of.

And I'm dissing no-one for their so-called problems, but for their prima donna attitude.
Old 29 April 2009, 11:21 AM
ryan_fong
Scooby Regular

Go do some simple searches, Davids IS suffering from glaucoma.

Also if you dunno what problems they have and how serious the problems are how can you call them prima donna?
Old 29 April 2009, 11:26 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Well if you suffer from it you should know Glaucoma has many different levels of problems, it can effect different people in different ways. Call them what you like but Cech, a Prima Donna? He had a cracking game last night. And Davids has always been a top class player.
Old 29 April 2009, 11:33 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Excerpts from the Petr Cech family photo album:

"Petr in goal for Chelsea"

"Mum & Dad"

Last edited by Turbo2; 29 April 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 29 April 2009, 12:06 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

More footballing Phantom of the Opera auditionees on here:

Who Ate All The Pies: The Face Mask XI

(I thought Gary Mabbutt always looked like that...)
Old 29 April 2009, 03:54 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

[quote=Turbo2;8671669]I congratulate Chelsea on a "job" well done. They could have gone at it hell for leather and been 4-0 down at half-time and the tie over just like Bayern. Unlike the now departed Klinsmann, Hiddink's not that naive. Of course they'll need to do more at Stamford Bridge, but if they win then they're through and deservedly so.

I think it's an even more creditable performance when you consider that Chelsea played the entire match with only 10 players against the 12 of Barcelona! When did Malouda sign for Barcelona? It must have been just before kick-off, because they didn't have time to get him a Barca shirt for the night. Despite still wearing his Chelsea shirt, he put in a good performance for Barca though on his debut! His passing straight to other Barcelona players was spot-on and he managed to foil nearly all of the Chelsea attacks by losing control or simply kicking it straight out for a goal-kick.

Is it just me or is Malouda really sh!te? He's been there two seasons now and is a pi$$-poor replacement for Robben. I think they should just get rid of him to Newcastle or Man City and buy Ribery from Bayern.

Malouda:
Chelsea: 5 goals from 47 games
France: 3 goals from 44 games

Robben:
Chelsea: 21 goals from 67 games
Holland: 10 goals from 37 games

Ribery:
Bayern: 18 goals from 48 games
France: 7 goals from 36 games

Who's the donkey?[/quote]

Eddie Murphy?

Old 29 April 2009, 05:34 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

..........your point being?
Old 29 April 2009, 07:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan_fong
Wait until you have such a horrible accident like Cech had. If you dunno what he's been through then please shut the **** up.
Yeah Jeff, shut the **** up

Come on United
Old 29 April 2009, 09:48 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Look at me, please look at me..............Davids and Setch.

The rest of you, get real;D

Quick Reply: CHELSKI Oh lord