Sport General sport discussion

Liverpool vs Villa.

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2009, 06:21 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liverpool vs Villa.

I think Torres has been shocking today. Why Rafa doesn't haul him off is beyond me.

RAFA OUT!

Old 22 March 2009, 07:58 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

haha brilliant result for them 5-0 villa, 4-1 man u .

They are 100% on form atm

Old 22 March 2009, 08:18 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

I think I set a new record, watching this.
I was trying to do other stuff, and out of five goals, I actually saw..............none of them.

Every time I went out of the room, Liverpool scored, every time I came back and sat down, it went flat again.
Old 22 March 2009, 09:47 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

" Martin O'Neill admitted that his side were beaten by an 'exceptional' Liverpool side after they crashed to a 5-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday. "

Now, I'm confused. After being stuffed, aren't you supposed to say you're disappointed as you were the better side?
Old 22 March 2009, 09:59 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

been amazing week, some clowns on here thinking our season finishes in november. havent lost with gerrard and torres in the side for over a year now. crashed in 13 goals in the past 3 games. 'tis a shame about the international break.
Old 22 March 2009, 10:11 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Very impressive Liverpool performance today. United really need to get back on it and soon.

Villa were very naive though. Amazed MON chose to go 4 4 2.
Old 22 March 2009, 10:17 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Thought Friedel's sending off was harsh though And he's my fantasy league keeper too

How desperate to be on the scoresheet was Torres getting at the end

Have to say top marks to the Villa fans too, you've got class
Old 23 March 2009, 10:11 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Well what can i say accept Liverpool looked very good yesterday and truely hammered Villa. The season run in is going to be very interesting, thankfully the international break is here

Hang on, did i just compliment Liverpool? Think i need to see the doctor
Old 23 March 2009, 10:53 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

The sending off was a bit harsh really, but it was all over by then and I'm sure it will be overturned.

I actually thought we could have played better. Can't argue with the result though

Villa have some excellent players and need to snap out of this poor spell. I'm sure they'll be back to form in their next game
Old 23 March 2009, 01:11 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Poor decision to send Friedel off. I hope it gets overturned as he's on some sort of record run?

Ive never seen a keeper do more to get out of the way of a striker!
Old 23 March 2009, 03:11 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobygav555
Well what can i say accept Liverpool looked very good yesterday and truely hammered Villa. The season run in is going to be very interesting, thankfully the international break is here

Hang on, did i just compliment Liverpool? Think i need to see the doctor
have a word with the man that can help

FRANK - Home page
Old 23 March 2009, 11:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Sending off was harsh, not so much for Friedels attempts to get out of Torres' way, but the fact a defender was square on Torres, so technically he wasn't clear on goal.

I hope in a way it's not overturned though, as he's a bloody good keeper and we need him suspended for the Utd match weekend after next.
Old 23 March 2009, 11:53 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

no matter what you say, he was in the way, what i dont understand is why he never came sliding out for it, if he did he would of either got it or torres may of jumped over him. He was in the way and the last defender was behind torres not along side him or square to him

fergie is definalty cracking up, he aint talking to anyone now, just releases statements, how the **** rooney has got away with the way he reacted was a disgrace as well, also ronaldo was a disgrace on sat. great how no-one says **** all bout it though isnt it
Old 23 March 2009, 11:55 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Poor decision to send Friedel off. I hope it gets overturned as he's on some sort of record run?

Ive never seen a keeper do more to get out of the way of a striker!

why what did he do to get out of the way?
Old 24 March 2009, 07:35 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
no matter what you say, he was in the way, what i dont understand is why he never came sliding out for it, if he did he would of either got it or torres may of jumped over him. He was in the way and the last defender was behind torres not along side him or square to him

fergie is definalty cracking up, he aint talking to anyone now, just releases statements, how the **** rooney has got away with the way he reacted was a disgrace as well, also ronaldo was a disgrace on sat. great how no-one says **** all bout it though isnt it
Can tell your a Scouse fan.

Torres jump over Friedel. Come on! He'd have done what most other players would have and stuck a leg out hoping Friedel would catch him

Look at the video footage. Even the pundits on SS said the defender was alongside. Freidel was to Torres' right and the defender to his left. So even if Torres hadn't of gone down, the defender would have had a chance at tackling him if he tried to round the keeper. His touch leading upto the penalty was poor, so stabbing it over Freidel was a no go.

Good to see typical Scouse persona too. You win 3 matches against top teams 4-0, 1-4 and 5-0 and yest you still moan about Fergie and his players. Is it some sort of benchmark or can't you let it go
Old 24 March 2009, 10:15 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Typical bloody Ste, awkward ******
Old 25 March 2009, 01:24 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Can tell your a Scouse fan.

Torres jump over Friedel. Come on! He'd have done what most other players would have and stuck a leg out hoping Friedel would catch him

Look at the video footage. Even the pundits on SS said the defender was alongside. Freidel was to Torres' right and the defender to his left. So even if Torres hadn't of gone down, the defender would have had a chance at tackling him if he tried to round the keeper. His touch leading upto the penalty was poor, so stabbing it over Freidel was a no go.

Good to see typical Scouse persona too. You win 3 matches against top teams 4-0, 1-4 and 5-0 and yest you still moan about Fergie and his players. Is it some sort of benchmark or can't you let it go
how can you tell im a scouse fan? is it cos i have commented on a scouse game, i still aint heard how he tried to get out the way?

what pi55es me bout fergie (i do rate him as one of the best managers, i aint bitter) is that what rafa said the other month was spot on, he stated facts, he never ranted or went on like a nutter, yet everyone says he is cracking up. things dont go right for fergie and he just sits in the corner with his dummy on the floor and his toys strwen everywhere and doesnt talk to anyone, even though its part of his contract with sky, yet everyone defends him and says he is brilliant.

he got beat 4.1 by liverpool and yet he turns round an says the best team lostcome on, yuur tellin me thats the voice of a sane man
Old 25 March 2009, 08:10 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

how can you tell im a scouse fan? is it cos i have commented on a scouse game, i still aint heard how he tried to get out the way?

what pi55es me bout fergie (i do rate him as one of the best managers, i aint bitter) is that what rafa said the other month was spot on, he stated facts, he never ranted or went on like a nutter, yet everyone says he is cracking up. things dont go right for fergie and he just sits in the corner with his dummy on the floor and his toys strwen everywhere and doesnt talk to anyone, even though its part of his contract with sky, yet everyone defends him and says he is brilliant.

he got beat 4.1 by liverpool and yet he turns round an says the best team lostcome on, yuur tellin me thats the voice of a sane man
Ah... but it works though doesn't it He can act how he wants to as long as he brings success to the team I support.

By the looks of it, others agreed with my opinion the sending off was harsh
Sky Sports | Football | News | Friedel red card rescinded
So I don't really need to explain it any more.

You carry on you rants about Fergie, it's something to read with my morning coffee
Old 25 March 2009, 02:33 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

think its a good decision to rescind the card, he was quite clearly trying to get out of the way, not sure why as he's a goalkeeper.

fergie is a sour tw*t, to the point where he's not doing post match interviews cos they lost, which is quite often these days.
Old 25 March 2009, 02:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
think its a good decision to rescind the card, he was quite clearly trying to get out of the way, not sure why as he's a goalkeeper.

fergie is a sour tw*t, to the point where he's not doing post match interviews cos they lost, which is quite often these days.
If you count the last 10 days worth of football results, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But as Liverpool fans know more than most, it's a marathon not a race

You could work for Labour with spin like that ashley
Old 25 March 2009, 03:50 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Ah... but it works though doesn't it
Certainly does, Utd followed up a heavy defeat with a corking performance against Fulham.

Keep it up Fergie!
Old 25 March 2009, 09:48 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Is it some sort of benchmark or can't you let it go
the benchmark has already been set by LFC, utd are trying to equal it this season

However thats only one benchmark, then there is europe
Old 26 March 2009, 08:22 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
the benchmark has already been set by LFC, utd are trying to equal it this season

However thats only one benchmark, then there is europe
Love it, no sensible answer (as if; in here ), so the Scousers bring up past glories.

Could put a bet on it coming out the woodwork

Keep it up, made me giggle.
Old 26 March 2009, 11:16 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

no benchmark for me or liverpool at all, you and the rest of the man utd fans in here will jump on every liverpool thread everytime there is one and slag the players and the team off, yet as soon as someone points out 'facts' about your team and players you all say were just moaning and bitter.

If you watch Rooney on saturday he was a mad man, he was running round like a lunatic and he did the same against us. MOTD picked up on it and so did the papers, yet all man utd fans just sit there denying it because they know **** all will happen, which has been proven right.

Ronaldo was the same on saturday, at one point he refused to walk to the ref, instead he demanded the ref come to him, anyone else would of got booked for this, what did ronaldo get? yes a little word in his ear.

Fergie, as part of your contract with sky when a game is showed is that you have to talk to them after the game, where was fergie after the liverpool game? nowhere to be seen.

just remember this next time when you jump into one of our threads and start slagging off our team. i couldnt give two ***** about how great you are, what i do know is that on current form you are looking catchable and thats all that matters to me.

Man Utd have never set a bench mark that i want liverpool to match, however we have set them for you to match and that is what you are trying to do, fergie has only stayed at man utd instead of retiring because he wants to do this
Old 26 March 2009, 01:16 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

no benchmark for me or liverpool at all, you and the rest of the man utd fans in here will jump on every liverpool thread everytime there is one and slag the players and the team off, yet as soon as someone points out 'facts' about your team and players you all say were just moaning and bitter.

If you watch Rooney on saturday he was a mad man, he was running round like a lunatic and he did the same against us. MOTD picked up on it and so did the papers, yet all man utd fans just sit there denying it because they know **** all will happen, which has been proven right.

Ronaldo was the same on saturday, at one point he refused to walk to the ref, instead he demanded the ref come to him, anyone else would of got booked for this, what did ronaldo get? yes a little word in his ear.

Fergie, as part of your contract with sky when a game is showed is that you have to talk to them after the game, where was fergie after the liverpool game? nowhere to be seen.

just remember this next time when you jump into one of our threads and start slagging off our team. i couldnt give two ***** about how great you are, what i do know is that on current form you are looking catchable and thats all that matters to me.

Man Utd have never set a bench mark that i want liverpool to match, however we have set them for you to match and that is what you are trying to do, fergie has only stayed at man utd instead of retiring because he wants to do this

Do it again. Go on bite like that in a pond and you'll end up on a plate.

Ever heard of banter Moneys, or is it again like Scousers to take things to heart and get moody.

FFS grow up Sport is about a laugh and banter.
Old 26 March 2009, 01:30 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Do it again. Go on bite like that in a pond and you'll end up on a plate.

Ever heard of banter Moneys, or is it again like Scousers to take things to heart and get moody.

FFS grow up Sport is about a laugh and banter.

i love banter i didnt know we were having some, but in the words of the great man 'these are all facts cee'
Old 26 March 2009, 01:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i love banter i didnt know we were having some, but in the words of the great man 'these are all facts cee'
Ofcourse we are. I've never not had banter in here. Yeah sometimes it's funny, sometimes sarcastic, but it's never mean't in a nasty way.

Facts are facts, as most Scousers keep spouting recently

I'm as guilty as others when biting, but my intentions are clear - sport section is a windup, and its funny when the usual suspects dribble bollocks, me included.

Heres to an England victory on sat
Old 26 March 2009, 01:49 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Ofcourse we are. I've never not had banter in here. Yeah sometimes it's funny, sometimes sarcastic, but it's never mean't in a nasty way.

Facts are facts, as most Scousers keep spouting recently

I'm as guilty as others when biting, but my intentions are clear - sport section is a windup, and its funny when the usual suspects dribble bollocks, me included.

Heres to an England victory on sat

you see this is where we really differ, i cant stand england, it does my head in, i cant sit here shouting for players from other teams, and plus everyone thinks were better than we actually are. oh and another reason i wont be watching is because ill be on a plane on the way to the sun
Old 26 March 2009, 01:53 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

you see this is where we really differ, i cant stand england, it does my head in, i cant sit here shouting for players from other teams, and plus everyone thinks were better than we actually are. oh and another reason i wont be watching is because ill be on a plane on the way to the sun
Moneys by name, moneys by nature

Unless a major tournament and tanked up on beer, I don't get as passionate about England as I do United. But England are (1 of 3) my national team, so I would always support them. And follow Scotland/Malta.
Old 26 March 2009, 11:49 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

England Scotland and Malta

LOL Some very heavy crosses to bear there Choccy, thankfully you have United to provide you with some inspiration, well maybe not right now eh

As for the Utd vs LFC debate, at least United fans dont post a thread everytime we win a game, if we did we'd have writers cramp by now

Quick Reply: Liverpool vs Villa.