Sport General sport discussion

steve bent ref

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2008, 12:06 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steve bent ref

very dissapointing, new mike riley steven bent bennet decides a game against LFC. Torres did fck all wrong and masc only asked what the booking was for.

refs want respect after last weeks Ashley cole incident ? well they can go sck

Last edited by ash1; 24 March 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 24 March 2008, 01:40 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

3-0 good night
Old 24 March 2008, 09:26 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

"Im not bitter"

Torres booking didnt lose you a match. Mascherano was a muppet after Cole's antics being in the paper all week. That must have been the 4th time was mouthing off to the ref and his team mates esp Capt Gerrard should have shut him up a lot earlier. But yet again on the big day Gerrard went missing. In fact until the red card Im not sure I even noticed he was on the pitch.

The reality to all 'pool fans that yet again their title challenge is over. Lets be fair the rest of us knew that a long time ago

Simon
Old 24 March 2008, 09:41 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

you dont give a guy a 2nd yellow for asking what the torres card was for.

we were no way out of it at 1-0, but the sending off ruined what could have been a good 2nd half.
Old 24 March 2008, 10:13 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Liverpool were poor even a 1-0. 'Masch' was mouthing all game. His 20 yard sprint to chirp at the ref was the final nail in the coffin. After all the talk this week and even from Rafa he was one stupid man. Yet again Rio put Torres in his pocket.
Old 24 March 2008, 11:19 AM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Mascherano got exactly what he deserved. Liverpool would have lost comfortably regardless of the red card.
Old 24 March 2008, 11:44 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1

we were no way out of it at 1-0, but the sending off ruined what could have been a good 2nd half.
The only chance liverpool had in the 2nd half was the same chance any team has with only a 1 goal margin. Fact is your were crap before he got sent off and if it wasnt for some lacklustre finishing from Rooney you would have been 3-0 down anyway.

Mascherano was asking to be sent off. Your on a yellow so ever foul that goes against your team you dont run over to the ref and give him jip. Ref said it wasnt for bad language but I saw at least twice him mouthing **** off in the refs direction. The final straw as said above was him running 20 yards to question the ref yet again for a foul that was nowhere even near him.

Was funny to see liverpool doubling up on Ronnie only to leave massive gaps elsewhere on the pitch. Carragher showing why hes nothing more than average yet again.

Simon
Old 24 March 2008, 08:23 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TimWRX01
Mascherano got exactly what he deserved. Liverpool would have lost comfortably regardless of the red card.
I see you've thought this one through.
Old 24 March 2008, 08:37 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
zzz.......... what a boring post, sad c*nt
shouldn't you be writing war and peace II about gunners and wenger ?
Old 24 March 2008, 08:38 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

I see you've thought this one through.
you don't have to, all you have to do is listen to all the former l'pool players thoughts on the game and masc. He could've and should well have been sent off earlier
Old 24 March 2008, 08:59 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
you don't have to, all you have to do is listen to all the former l'pool players thoughts on the game and masc. He could've and should well have been sent off earlier
thanks for the reply, but I was asking why we would have lost by more if we had 11 on the pitch ?

just seen the first half again, can't see any swearing from Javier. but its probably not that simple for you simon.

think for once Andy Gray got it spot on, he said there was nothing wrong in what Javier did, simply asked what was the card for .......and also said that there were 2nd half incidents with foul language which didn't result in any caution.

didnt know this yesterday, but Bennett was 4th official at the lane last week where both Riley and Bennet screwed up. he simply decided to get even yesterday.
Old 24 March 2008, 09:24 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

ok i agree if what he said is what rafa said then yeah not a yellow card, but to keep questioning the ref wether he was right or wrong is gonna get you a yellow card eventually. as for not swearing at the ref i watched the match and motd, you could quite clearly see him swearing at the ref. motd highlighted numerous examples of him badgering the ref, even Hansen slated him.
Old 24 March 2008, 09:45 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Mascherano was pretty daft after the Ashley Cole thing during the week even the Chelsea players behaved themselves but where was Steven Gerrard missing as usual.One thing i did find funny was fergie comments about Ronaldo needing protection from those nasty defenders who are driving him out of english football then Man Utd players kick lumps out of Torres
Old 24 March 2008, 09:58 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

funny but clever i don't think he needs protecting. He made his own bed by diving early in his career, so now players can give him that little bit more attention so to speak and claim he's diving making a meal etc, one thing though no matter how many times it happens he keeps getting up coming back for more

Just to add when things don't go his way he doesn't get booked for dissent no matter how many times he's kicked
Old 24 March 2008, 10:16 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i have never ever seen a ref change his mind after a player gave him a mouthful, frankly if he would have told me to **** off the little daygo **** would have my size eleven right up his ****.

arguing with an official is pointless you just accept your medicine
Old 25 March 2008, 12:23 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
Mascherano was pretty daft after the Ashley Cole thing during the week even the Chelsea players behaved themselves but where was Steven Gerrard missing as usual.One thing i did find funny was fergie comments about Ronaldo needing protection from those nasty defenders who are driving him out of english football then Man Utd players kick lumps out of Torres
thats taggart's mind games for you, torres sent for scan today for rib and ankle injuries. got to hand it to him tho, he just got up and carried on playing.
Old 25 March 2008, 01:55 AM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

just seen the first half again, can't see any swearing from Javier. but its probably not that simple for you simon.

think for once Andy Gray got it spot on, he said there was nothing wrong in what Javier did, simply asked what was the card for .......and also said that there were 2nd half incidents with foul language which didn't result in any caution.

didnt know this yesterday, but Bennett was 4th official at the lane last week where both Riley and Bennet screwed up. he simply decided to get even yesterday.
Ash which half did you watch again 1st or 2nd

Probably 2nd as jm was'nt on the pitch, nearly everytime the camera went on jm a F*** *** was clearly seen coming from him.

Agreed with AG on the sending off incident asking a ref what for is not a sending off even if he ran 20 yards, but he should have gone long before for F&A.

And yes Torres shound not have been booked
Old 25 March 2008, 10:08 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Do we all agree then that Carragher is past it. He's too slow, looks unfit and against anybody with decent movement is exposed far too easily. Liverpool are about 5 top class players away from challenging the big 3.
Old 25 March 2008, 10:27 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Do we all agree then that Carragher is past it. He's too slow, looks unfit and against anybody with decent movement is exposed far too easily. Liverpool are about 5 top class players away from challenging the big 3.
Yep, have to agree. Skrtel and Agger are being groomed as the replacements at centre back.

There's no doubt we need to strengthen and players have to go. We had the passion, you had the professionalism.
Old 25 March 2008, 11:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Rumours are Agger is not injured but has been withdrawn for the season to stop him failing a dru.gs test? This from an Everton fan BTW
Old 25 March 2008, 11:22 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Rumours are Agger is not injured but has been withdrawn for the season to stop him failing a dru.gs test? This from an Everton fan BTW
I think we know where that rumour can be filed then But then if it is 'Jones fracture' as suspected, then he'll be needing a few spliffs
Old 25 March 2008, 12:17 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Captains should control their team

The ref's should also be bought to task on the decisions they make so everybody can see something is being done with poor/wrong decisions
Old 25 March 2008, 12:21 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Torres was being fouled and fouled again, by three United players in three seconds, and when he asked the ref about it, he got booked.

Some refs have admitted letting fat boy Rooney swear at them 20 times or more in a match ?

Much as I hate Andy Gray (he's one biased ****), he asked the consistency question when some man u player was giving Bennett some strong language in the 2nd half. Needless to say he didn't get booked.
Old 25 March 2008, 12:54 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Think its more about the persistant gobbing off that JM was handing out that got him booked. From what I recall I didnt think JM deserved the first yellow card, just looked like an average foul and free kick, nothing more but I could tell a mile off JM was going to walk long before he did. Had the same arrogance that Cole had midweek and was arguing on decisions being made that had no effect on him. Even stressing when Benitez was trying to talk to him.
Old 25 March 2008, 01:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Liverpool players were getting wound up chasing the superior United players around the pitch. A sending off through frustration was inevitable.
Old 25 March 2008, 01:21 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

He ran accross the pitch to do that though, muppet and deserved to go off.

Hopefully we will see more bookings and sending offs for trying to intimidate the ref and slowing up the game.

Renno
Old 25 March 2008, 01:50 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply, but I was asking why we would have lost by more if we had 11 on the pitch ?

I think you should watch this:

YouTube - manu vs liverpool- mascherano red card? was it?
Old 25 March 2008, 03:08 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by renno rannes
He ran accross the pitch to do that though, muppet and deserved to go off.

Hopefully we will see more bookings and sending offs for trying to intimidate the ref and slowing up the game.

Renno
i dont think so, its this weeks thing.
Old 25 March 2008, 03:08 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
yep, seen it, you going to send me a link for Anderson gobbing off too?

the fouls on torres looks pretty disgraceful. whiskey breath would have been on the pitch for that.

Quick Reply: steve bent ref