STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bad for a small club I'd say.
Old 23 March 2008, 10:31 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Utd have some possible banana skins coming up though.
Middleborough away seems to be a problem recently, and West Ham seem to be a bogey team to us.

Aswell as having to play Chelsea away, and Arsenal at home, which could be the games that decide where the title goes this year.

Not over yet.
Old 23 March 2008, 10:38 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Nowhere near over IMO
Old 23 March 2008, 10:56 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Of course only being 5th in Europe's rich list means we are a small club:

1 (1) Real Madrid £236.2m
2 (4) Manchester United £212.1m
3 (2) Barcelona £195.3m
4 (6) Chelsea £190.5m
5 (9) Arsenal £177.6m
6 (5) Milan £153.0m
7 (8) Bayern Munich £150.3m
8 (10) Liverpool £133.9m
9 (7) Internazionale £131.3m
10 (12) Roma £106.1m

Edited due to an out of date list used initially. Above is 2008 list - Football: Big three in the get-richer club | News | guardian.co.uk Football
Too much effort to justify it for me
Old 23 March 2008, 11:03 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

i agree our squad lacks depth. van persie is class, look at how good he was before he got injured and adebayor is off form and tired. money must be spent on world class winger who will attack we need a joe cole, ronaldo etc
how many times did we get near the box and bottle it and one pass to many. hleb is terrible for this, all the work then no product.
as for players gone in past, think you are very wrong. bently and henry was upsetting as they are just class but the rest?? cole never wanted to be there, campell went nuts pires got old(could of got another season granted) upson isnt any better than what we have. vieira again left at the right time.

other thing that give me the hump is we bring on one of the fastest players to attack and he never got the ball given to him.

seems over but here's hoping for some more shocks in coming weeks
Old 23 March 2008, 11:29 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Arsenal have Fab. Liverpool have Gerrard and Torres, Chelsea have J Cole and Drogba. United have... Ronaldo. Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Giggs, Anderson, Rio.... what a team!!!!111
Old 23 March 2008, 11:51 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

United's title this year. They are unstoppable currently and far stronger than we will ever be. Wenger is ******* ar$e if he thinks he can go from being 5 points up to 6 points behind and still think they will come back

He might be praised as one of the best managers ever but sometimes he is living on another planet and I think his tactics and team selection have a lot to be desired recently. As for not needing to spend in the summer really sums up his recent looniness If he thinks the current squad is strong enough to take on Man U's and Chelsea's squads then he might as well bu66er off now and get a manager in who will spend the money available to him. To have all that money and not spend it when our strike force is non existent is soooo frustrating.

Then also look at the players he has let leave. Henry, Vieira, Cole, Pires, Bentley, Upson, Campbell.... If we still had them then we might just have a squad with similar depth to Chelsea and Man U. Plus several of those were our most experienced players who we needed to guide the youngsters not to mention far better than what we have replaced them with.

We can forget the Champions League too as he is having a laugh if he thinks we can get any further with our total lack of decent strikers. Bendtner? Adebeyor? Van Persie (sick note)? Eduardo? Absolute cr4p compared to Rooney and Drogba etc. The only one i'd keep is Walcott and even then Wenger plays him out of position as a winger most of the time

As far as i'm concerned our season is over after today and Wenger needs a bloody big kick up the backside by the Board of Directors. I still can't believe we've gone from 5 points up to 6 points down, that is just shockingly bad.

To say as an Arsenal supporter i'm ****ed off lately with Wenger's attitude is an understatement.
zzz.......... what a boring post, sad c*nt
Old 24 March 2008, 11:46 AM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Thing is Upson is an England international and needed for those times to fill in for Gallas/Senderos/Toure when injured, Campbell is still playing brilliantly at Portsmouth. Cole I think is wasted at Chelsea and is a tosser but he was still excellent in the Arsenal back line. Pires has been fantastic in Spain before getting injured and has not been replaced on the left at Arsenal. Vieira still plays for one of the best teams in Europe so definately not past it. And chances are Gilberto will be off in the Summer so will be left with no experienced defensive midfielder next season. Our squad needs depth and experience and Wenger needed to have kept the players he let leave.
upson wouldnt wait in the sidelines for a game same as bently. cole is good dont get me wrong but who wants a tosser like him pires is in spain exactly, easier league. just look at all the spanish players come over here are **** go back and are brilliant again. look how badly vieira got shown up against us in the CL liverpool did the same.
gilberto will be a big lose, flamini is playing great but we need cover.
im a gooner mate and agree totally with you about our squad. hleb and rosicky just arent cole, SRW,lennon,ronaldo etc.

If your reading Wenger(i hear he has a scoob )
your great at spotting tallent but please please please buy some experiance to get us to the end of a season
Old 24 March 2008, 01:04 PM
Donald Trump
BANNED

Originally Posted by ash1
zzz.......... what a boring post, sad c*nt
Well when it comes to sad c*nts you certainly know what you are talking about

Not going to give us some sh*t about L*verpool being the best team since nineteen oatcake
Old 24 March 2008, 02:23 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Arsenal have Fab. Liverpool have Gerrard and Torres, Chelsea have J Cole and Drogba. United have... Ronaldo. Scholes, Rooney, Nani, Giggs, Anderson, Rio.... what a team!!!!111
i would only have ronnie from that list.
Old 24 March 2008, 03:05 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Thus further highlighting your lack of footballing knowledge.
Old 24 March 2008, 03:32 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Old 24 March 2008, 05:22 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

You sound more and more like ash every day
Old 24 March 2008, 07:39 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

United's title this year. They are unstoppable currently and far stronger than we will ever be. Wenger is ******* ar$e if he thinks he can go from being 5 points up to 6 points behind and still think they will come back

He might be praised as one of the best managers ever but sometimes he is living on another planet and I think his tactics and team selection have a lot to be desired recently. As for not needing to spend in the summer really sums up his recent looniness If he thinks the current squad is strong enough to take on Man U's and Chelsea's squads then he might as well bu66er off now and get a manager in who will spend the money available to him. To have all that money and not spend it when our strike force is non existent is soooo frustrating.

Then also look at the players he has let leave. Henry, Vieira, Cole, Pires, Bentley, Upson, Campbell.... If we still had them then we might just have a squad with similar depth to Chelsea and Man U. Plus several of those were our most experienced players who we needed to guide the youngsters not to mention far better than what we have replaced them with.

We can forget the Champions League too as he is having a laugh if he thinks we can get any further with our total lack of decent strikers. Bendtner? Adebeyor? Van Persie (sick note)? Eduardo? Absolute cr4p compared to Rooney and Drogba etc. The only one i'd keep is Walcott and even then Wenger plays him out of position as a winger most of the time

As far as i'm concerned our season is over after today and Wenger needs a bloody big kick up the backside by the Board of Directors. I still can't believe we've gone from 5 points up to 6 points down, that is just shockingly bad.

To say as an Arsenal supporter i'm ****ed off lately with Wenger's attitude is an understatement.
calm down, typical over reaction from you to be honest, eduardo, van persie, adebayor absolute crap?? you're on a different planet. thou shalt not question the lord wenger...
Old 24 March 2008, 08:11 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

which player hasn't scored a home goal since October last year? yes, fat boy rooney. why would i want him in my team ?

and i dont rate giggs as he's only got one foot ! he was going round in circles yesterday.

as for the others, its early days yet.
Old 24 March 2008, 08:15 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Your missing the whole rooney point again ash, he's not just there to score goals. Do you not see his movement and passing ability? Second to none and he himself has said he doesnt care if he goes the whole season without scoring as long as the team win
Old 24 March 2008, 09:32 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobygav555
Your missing the whole rooney point again ash, he's not just there to score goals. Do you not see his movement and passing ability? Second to none and he himself has said he doesnt care if he goes the whole season without scoring as long as the team win
oh yeah, i knew that was coming, when all fails lets put out the "he's not just there to score goals".

he's a striker, he should score goals. I could praise Kuyt for his work ethic, but bottom line is he's there to score goals.
Old 24 March 2008, 10:00 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Shevchenko runs his socks off
Old 24 March 2008, 11:12 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

Not one of them is on par with Rooney or Drogba or even close and that's the problem. We do not have a recognised World class striker since Henry left when Man U and Chelsea have several in each of their squads. Wenger will not spend the cash to buy one and that is wrong. Look at Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool's spending on strikers over the last couple of seasons and then look at ours. It explains exactly why we have just dropped 11 points.

Van Persie was good until he kept getting injured and became too unreliable. Adebayor will never be a player I like, he has missed more than he has scored this season with a lot of them absolute sitters and will never be classed as World class. Eduardo hasn't done much in a short time admittedly, has promise but will all depend how he comes back from his horrific injury. Walcott is the only potential World class striker in the Arsenal squad, but potential is no good when you need a World class striker or two now.

i've never met / heard a single arsenal fan like you in my life, IMHO you have no idea what your talking about and clearly have a poor understanding of good football.

i'm arsenal through and through and admit we are lacking the winning mentality and the stamina to go to the wire. We are lacking the leadership on the pitch, Gallas was made captain to keep him sweet at te club and becasue of his age.

We lost this season at birmingham, losing that 2-1 lead in the last min after losing Ed to that assault by taylor was the nail in the coffin.

When Ed was on the floor gallas did nothing to bring the team together the players just stood scattered around the pitch and the lack for experience on the pitch just shone through.
Old 25 March 2008, 07:19 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Arsenal fans fighting, just like their players
Old 25 March 2008, 08:41 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pauld37
Arsenal fans fighting, just like their players
More commonly known as a Cripple Fight